65 Years Young Looking for a Lift! - Reno, NV

I'm scheduled November 2 for endoscopic brow,...

I'm scheduled November 2 for endoscopic brow, face, neck lifts, fat transfer to cheeks, marionette and nasolabial lines, laser around mouth and tweek to my crooked nose tip. I'm soaking up as much info as I'm sure everyone does.
All the women here on Real Self inspire me with their photos and daily updates. Thanks to you all!
The profile photo is me a few years ago with some photo tweaking. It's what I hope to look like after all this is over!

More background

I started out only wanting a brow lift to get rid of my 11's and horizontal line across my nose bridge. But after the first doctor consult I realized if I'm going under the knife, I might as well address it all! Eyelids hanging on my eyelashes, lateral hooding, looks of cheek plumpness, all those lines around my lips and flat lips, and the neck...how did I not notice the hanging neck puddle?
I'm 65 and retired and don't really look at my face very often. After shoulder surgery earlier this year, I realized how much I've aged!
I'm almost embarrassed now when I go out. Dodging other shoppers or doing my standard big smile and raising my eyebrows so no one notices the sag and wrinkles I see in my "resting bitch" face! UGH!
I'll post pre photos just before surgery. Can't wait.

Sleeping arrangements

I'm scheduled for November 2nd surgery but my sleeping arrangement will be the same as for both recent shoulder surgeries. Recliner! I add a slim pillow on each side of my hips. Soft pillow behind head to keep from drifting off to the side. Water, meds, tv remote (in case I can't sleep), iPad and iPhone on side table (in case I need to wake up my guy for help). It's amazing how comfortable it has been in the past. I'm a side sleeper so this works perfect for me.

My Mother in the mirror?

My Mom passed in 2011 at the age of 89.
I've been letting my cute pixie haircut grow out since March in anticipation of my November surgery. Since I'm retired and have a pool, I haven't done much with my hair. Usually just run my fingers through it after a swim or shower but it has recently been harder to do that since it's getting too long to get lift on its own. Today was the weekly lunch with my sister at the rehab facility her husband is at since complications from a stroke in July. I decided to blow dry and use a curling iron that has those hard teeth on it to keep me from burning myself with each pass. After I was done I was pretty impressed with the look! I didn't add any product so after I returned from my morning run to CVS to get my annual Flu shot, I wanted to check myself before going to lunch. WTH!! OMG!! I saw my MOTHER in the mirror! I was mortified but went to meet sis for lunch. She's 8 years older but looks 10 years younger than me. I told her about the mirror scare and she said she sees Mom all the time in the mirror, obviously a younger version than I see.
After lunch I went to pick up my granddaughter at school and wore a large brim hat with big sunglasses...my new look till next year me thinks!
I wish I was having surgery NOW!

One more month!

Looking forward to getting through this month. November 2nd can't be here quick enough!

Hiding in plain sight!

I'm in Nevada and it will be pretty cool weather when I have my surgery November 2nd. I bought 3 assorted color wide infinity scarves. The kind that wrap around your neck twice. Similar to the photo. One wrap will cover my head bandages and a lot of my face. Oh, I forgot my nose is going to be wrapped too. Maybe I should just put a bag over my head. Add some big sunglasses and I'll be "that mysterious woman"! I plan to use this disguise at least on the way home after surgery.

20 days to go!

Less than three weeks to go. I'll post some "before" photos a week before my November 2nd surgery. I'm at the point I hate looking at my face and dread going out and running into someone I know. I'm having lunch with renocg tomorrow so we can compare notes as she's having surgery on the 28th. Looking forward to having a "face" friend!
A side note. I bought some Facial Fade Skin Brightening Cream with 2% hydroquinone at Marshalls for Less than $10 a few weeks ago as my PS said I need to lighten my complexion for the CO2 laser. I started using is and it was helping. The last time I stopped into the PS office I purchased the Rx Obagi Nu-Derm Clear Skin Bleaching Cream with 4% hydroquinone...$108 buts it's Rx so I expect more from it. I just started using it at night and feel it will fade me enough. I have a pool and spend way too much time in the sun with only 4spf. In other words I was pretty tan by the end of the summer. That's gonna change from now on!
Somewhere in this thread I mentioned I'm on Nutrisystem. So far I've lost 22 pounds in less than 10 weeks. From 166# to 144#. Hoping to dropping at least 4 pounds more before surgery. I've read that many of you lose weight after surgery so I'm looking forward to dropping a few more later.

Younger me

Well...since I'm not ready to show my current photos, these are unretouched (is that a word?) photos while my face was still "young" looking. Until a few months ago I assumed I still looked like these! Why didn't someone tell me my face was going through some major changes? Ugh...

Endoscopic Brow Lift

Does anyone here have experience with Endoscopic Brow Lift with local anesthetic?
I'm having GA but asking for someone else.
THANKS!

Temporal Migraine Surgery Technique

I was researching the endoscopic brow lift for my upcoming facial surgeries (11/2/2016) and came upon an interesting article. I suffer from "cranial neuralgia" which I think my neurologist has tagged me with because he's not sure why I have head pain all day long. After MRI, MRA, X-ray and other tests, he can't come up with a diagnosis. Over the last 2 1/2 years he's increased dosages of the third Rx I've tried until I'm now taking 400mg 3 times a day of Gabapentin. It still doesn't help and the side effects aren't good. I stopped by my PS office today to leave a copy of the article I accidentally came upon. He called me within an hour and we discussed it. He has only done the decompression once before (for migraine) but says he is definitely comfortable doing it for me since he will be in that area when he does the brow lift. I am looking forward to possible relief! Here's a link in case anyone else would like to know more about this. www.plasticsurgery.org/news/press-releases/two-techniques-of-temporal-migraine-surgery-equally-effective

See if this link works for my last post

Pre-surgery weight loss...I wish I had taken "before" photos

I've been on Nutrisystem since August 4th and have gone from 166# (my all time HIGH even while producing two children, one at 9 1/2#) down to 142# today. I'm only 5'4" (I'm old and have shrunk from 5' 5 1/2" in high school) and am so happy to feel and move better. I decided to diet before surgery on the recommendation of a PS (that I didn't choose). I have two weeks to go from today and hope to hold at 140# until surgery because I hear from so many RS ladies that they lose more after. I'm hoping I can keep the weight off in the future.

Oh yeah...every morning!

Temporal Migraine Surgery photo of article

Wishes!

Here's my first official "before" photo from today next to my "wish" photo (except I'm hoping for better neck results than this). 12 days to go. Fingers crossed that I get even close to the results I'm wishing for! Have a great weekend everyone! Next "before" photo will be without glasses.

Pre-op

Pre-op appointment with Kaylee. All the confusing (because I'm old and too much information confuses me) list of things to buy, do before and after, specific to one or more of the several procedures. Paid for PS and anesthesia. WOW! Overwhelmed by it all. Afterwards off to EKG at the surgery center, paid them. Went to Grammar school to pick up my granddaughter and drop her off with Mommy and Daddy at their business. Then dropped off 4 Rx at my pharmacy which asked for an hour to fill. Had blood work across the street from PS office. Jen was AWESOME since I hate needles because I have the worst veins ever. Tried to kill some time shopping while waiting for the Rx text when I get a phone call from them telling me two of the four Rx didn't say they could be generic and they couldn't get in touch with PS office because it was lunch time. I ran over to PS to pick up gauze squares for cleaning (YUCK) laser areas. They said they will talk to pharmacy and gave me the gauze supply. Just now got a text saying it was all ready but it's getting dark so I'll pick them up tomorrow. :- ahhhhhhh....that felt good just telling you all about my day because I know that you all know exactly what it's all about...thanks everyone. Have a great nite.

Good, bad and ugly 5 days pre-op

Top to bottom...Brow creases, hooded eyes top and sides, 11's and horizontal line across top of nose, deflated cheeks, nose tip points to my right, marionette and nasolabial folds, smokers creases. Hoping for PS miracle!

Incognito

I might don this wig if I need to go out in public before I'm ready...LOL

I'm ready!

I'm hoping I haven't forgotten anything. I'll get to the surgery center at 7am and surgery is at 8:30...4 hours then up to 2 hours to recover before going home...about a 10 minute drive.

Surgery day through day 4

It's been a rough ride...

Purple marker

What is the easiest remover for the purple marker? Dr. said alcohol but I don't want to press hard. Any suggestions?

Shampoo and Shower!

Had to rest up to catch my breath after taking off the laser tape before my shower. Took quite a while since I had to add Aquaphor as I was peeling edges of tape. Was sooo happy no bleeding! Still took my breath away in anticipation. Been drinking lots of Gatorade, Boost, eating scrambled eggs, soup, apple sauce, pudding, tapioca. Trying to get lots of calories and sodium even though that's totally different than the last 3 months! My total weight loss since I started Nutrisystem in August is 30#. Crazy ???? Shower and shampoo was glorious and I even squeezed out a little smile! Swelling is minimal. PS gave me Rx for swelling and I guess it works! Need to put some Arnica gel on the bruising but I'm so happy I don't even care.

Post op!

Jackie O in the PS office waiting for my ride. Finally got the tape off my nose. Notice stitches under septum. He took off a little cartilage when he straightened the tip. Impressed with minimal swelling and all stitches look great. None under chin. Oh and he didn't do drains. None in front of sideburns...he runs them straight up. Will go back Friday to get all stitches out except brow...they come out at two weeks 11/16.

For OverSeasAnn

Laser close up

Day 8 post op

Amazed! Stitches out tomorrow except for Brow Lift. No makeup in any photos so far. I have tattoo eyeliner since '07. Otherwise I usually throw on lip tint.

Sutures healing

Wanted to post before I get them out tomorrow. Oh and the nose!!

Ears

Here's the photos that didn't post

Day 9 observations and confessions...

Yes, it was brutal but because I spent so much time researching photos, videos and reviews here on Real Self and all over the Internet, I think I was prepared enough. There were many things that happened that weren't part of the plan...extreme nausea requiring more than the anti-nausea dissolvable pills from my original Rx, the fact that I had lost 27# before surgery in a 3 month period, didn't exercise and probably should have spread the loss over twice that period of time because I ended up extremely weak for most of the first four days...I got dehydrated and my RN neighbor insisted I go to Urgent Care the third morning but I refused so we just pumped me full of Gatorade, Boost and high sodium soups...General Anesthesia has never been a problem for my many orthopedic or female problems (this is my first ever vanity surgery) but I think it added to my weakness. I got all I wanted and more. I am retired, stay at home, not really social (especially since realizing how bad I looked after my last shoulder surgery) and am content with where my life has led me. This surgery was for myself. No one has ever commented negatively on my looks. Just the opposite. I've always been told I had great skin and I would say I had great Cuban/Puerto Rican genes. I didn't get any encouragement or emotional (if that's what you call it) support from family. Since I haven't been in the job market since '07, I just assumed I still looked that good. I don't wear makeup. I had tattoo eyeliner done in '07 before retirement and a major orthopedic surgery. After deciding to retire within months of that surgery I really never looked at my face very often. Wash it once a day, put some sort of generic lotion or spf4 sunscreen and go. If something was happening I'd throw on some gloss or lipstick. Three years ago I purchased a home with a large lot and pool. These last three summers lounging in the pool every day, working in the yard and on outdoor projects has taken a toll. I've never used more than spf4 but know from now on that isn't enough. Sorry for the ramble but just wanted to get out there that surgery isn't a piece of cake but the results are exceeding my expectations! However!!!!! I do love it all so far! Today I will get the majority of sutures out. I keep looking at every single spot that I considered a flaw previously...then I finally started going back to the "pre" photos and am absolutely amazed. Now I can feel confident when I pick up my 6 year old granddaughter from school. Look forward ladies and always look back at what you had before...SMILE! XOXO!!

On my way

To suture removal

Final stitches out and Lymphatic Massage today

Two weeks post op!

Differences

So here's the difference between today and three weeks ago. Keep your pre photos handy to remind you how your journey started! I wear glasses hence the mark on my nose bridge.

4 weeks!

With and without makeup @ 4 weeks today. Normal bruises on me usually take at least 3 weeks so I'm not surprised that I still have them on my cheeks. Fat injections and nose tweak probably contributed as well Behind ear scars @ 19 days.
Reno Plastic Surgeon

I've had 3 consults with Dr. Bonaldi and each time he has answered all my questions and made me feel confident. I'm sure I'll come up with more! Will update after surgery in November!