26 Year Old Professional, FINALLY Fixing my Teeth

I have hated my teeth FOREVER. I remember asking...

I have hated my teeth FOREVER. I remember asking my parents for braces at age 13 (who asks for braces?) and they told me they couldn't afford it. My teeth weren't as bad then as they are now. Unfortunately nail biting, time and wisdom teeth set them even more off course and now I'm an adult who is extremely self conscious about her own smile. I was told a few years back that metal braces were my only option. I'm a young woman in a career dominated by older men, so I didn't think that would work.

Fast forward to a few years later when I saw an ad for smile direct club. I wasn't sure I'd get approved, considering the nature of my crowding but I did! I took my impressions early October, got my treatment plan mid October and paid for treatment November 1st, 2016. I used my FSA card and a $150 coupon, so paid $1350 in total and should save about $400 in taxes. My total treatment plan is 10 months and includes 20 aligners at two weeks each. I've read about issues with customer service, and they must have recently pulled a 180 because I've had NO issues and they've been amazing.

I got my first aligner today! November 25th. I want to share my thoughts so far:

1. They are very plasticy. I knew they were made of plastic but I guess I was picturing something slightly different. They look cheap, it was strange to think I put them on my teeth,

2. They hurt a bit, and feel strange. I got a panicky feeling that there was no way I could wear these for 10 months but I'm calming down now.

3. The lisp. I'm practicing my S's. Mine is BAD. I sound like the kid off Stranger Things. Its getting a little better but its not that subtle lisp I've heard other posts described. If it doesn't get better I'd have to take these off before talking to clients.

4. They're near invisible. I'm wearing them in the photos.

5. THEY HURT. I'm lucky I have leftover painkillers from a back injury a while back because DAMN. I pray this gets better. My head is throbbing.

My only concern is my bite at the end of the process. Does it look over-bitey or normal? I'm not sure. But I'm super excited to finish this and hopefully document the process for anyone interested.
NA