One Year Post-Op: 25 Year Old From 34J to 36D

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

This is probably too early to start one of these,...

This is probably too early to start one of these, but that's okay. I, like many on here, have struggled with being chesty since puberty. I have finally come to the conclusion that maybe, possibly, it will not fix itself no matter how many times I exercise or how much money I spend on a bra. I am 5'6" and 190 pounds with a 34J bra size currently. I have constant soreness in my shoulder/back/neck area that fades from uncomfortable to terrible. My posture has suffered, my clothes fit poorly, and the attention my chest draws is a constant struggle.

After speaking with a few people, I decided to speak with my GP. She agreed I was a good candidate and sent a referral in to a PS in my area. I am currently waiting for news to see when my consultation will be.

I want to thank everyone who posts on here, because it has helped ease some worry and has also given me a lot of interesting things to think about and discuss.

Still waiting...

I have noticed that now that I am in the nothing-to-do-but-wait phase I am just getting more and more frustrated with my large chest. I am trying to do some workouts, but I am in so much pain afterwards that I have to take a break for a few days. I try to wear something cute and I just feel gross.

I should hear soon about a consultation date I hope. At least then I have something to look forward to...

Oh my gosh!

So I was super annoyed because I talked to the surgeon's office and they hadn't gotten my referral last week. So I got it resent, and then today they STILL hadn't gotten it. So I took matters into my own hands and got it sent to myself and forwarded on. And by some crazy chance, they had a cancellation for a consult and instead of waiting until May (four months) I am going for my consult in TWO DAYS! I hadn't even let myself start coming up with a list of questions because I thought I'd have a super long wait before the consult. Any suggestions of questions would be greatly appreciated! So excited!!!

And now we wait...

So I had my consultation today. The surgeon was super nice, as well as the office staff (and the intern he had with him). It was much shorter than I was expecting, but I did not leave there feeling like I hadn't had enough time or with any other questions. He told me that my righty is bigger than my lefty by a smidge, and went over the details. He will use the "lollipop" technique which is what I was hoping for. He said he's told patients it would be about a year to wait, but the office assistant told me it would likely be less than that. So now… it's the waiting game.
I'll get my few pre-test things done, and then wait patiently for the phone call!

Mammogram Time

Well, the mammogram visit is complete. It was really odd to see them all pancaked out on the machine I'll have to say. The staff at the clinic kept changing their minds about if they thought I should get it done or not because I had no family history or anything really needing it but they did two quick "pictures" anyway to appease me. I didn't want to have to call the surgeon's office and explain that one.

I'm thinking I'll give the surgeon's office a quick call next week and just make sure they did receive the report for it and clarify a couple things with the office. I should really take some pre-op pictures now that I'm at the beginning of this journey and since I'm getting a bit more active so I can really see the whole change of my body.

I'm so grateful to everyone on this site - definitely is helping answer some questions I've had and I love seeing the before/after pictures. Makes me excited to get going with this and get a date, although I'm sure I'll have at least another six months before I even get wind of something. Patience is a virtue though, right?


I just got my phone call. I go for surgery in TWO weeks!


It has only been three months since my appointment with my GP. Two months since my consultation. This is crazy!

I am excited and freaking out about such little time to prep.

What do I need for the day of?
What do I need for the few days after?
What should I mentally be preparing for?
What things should I make sure my boyfriend is aware of?

AHHH SO EXCITED! Pre-op photos to come soon!
I'm going on a healthy food kick for a couple weeks to try and get my body full of vitamins and goodness to help out.

Here it is... First pre-op picture...

Reluctant to post, but now it's so close and so real that here goes. I found it so helpful when others posted and I'm gonna have to get used to people seeing them in the next while haha.

Post-Surgery Bra

So I went to look at some post surgery bras and some front closing shirts today. I of course started looking at the other bras for fun and I got so overwhelmed by the thought that I will one day fit into those that I actually left the store. I did however pick the bra in the picture up at the other store and I feel like maybe it isn't supposed to fit like this... What do you ladies think? Haha. Oh the planning...


Alright ladies, so I think I'm set for the clothing/bras for after, and I have the food prep plans ready for grocery shopping, but now my question is… what are good things to get for after care such as gauze pads, steri strips, bandages, etc? I have an idea but I feel like I'm maybe missing something important? Also, any recommendations on supplements or vitamins to take after to help healing?

Post-Op Bras

Here's a couple post op things I got as well as my "goal" pretty bralette for way down the road ($8). Can't wait to take after pictures very soon!

Pre-Op Testing Today

Well, today was full of being poked and prodded by different professionals. I had to get vitals, an EKG, a Chest X-Ray, bloodwork, and speak with an anesthesiologist and a cardiologist to discuss a possible murmur. Everything seemed to be okay, and I can't complain too much because it was a very fast process compared to what I was expecting.

On the home stretch now I guess with less than a week to go. I feel like I'm forgetting some vital things but I can't seem to think of any. Just gotta finish up things at work, do some cleaning around the house, and try to get some rest so I'm in tip top shape for surgery.

I've got a list of questions for the surgeon on the morning of... did anyone else have a ton of things to ask? I feel like at the consult I was so much under the impression it would be a year away before surgery so I didn't focus on the details of the during/after surgery so much as the "am I a good candidate" part.

I'm so grateful to all of the ladies who have shared their stories because where I think I normally would be freaking out right now, I feel very well prepared mentally for what's going on and it's all thanks to you brave and wonderful women who have shared your stories.

Only a few days out...

I'm down to under four days ladies! While I've been so busy making plans for food and supplies and work and stuff, I haven't really had time to be excited or nervous or really feel the emotions that go along with this. Unfortunately today seemed to be the day that the waves started hitting me. Starting with a dumb woman working at the specialty store that I went to go check out the surgical bras at. When she asked why I need it, I told her I was having a reduction, and she proceeded to tell me that I "really didn't look like I needed one because I carried it so well and proportioned out my body since I am large in the hips." I couldn't believe someone in the profession of selling items to those going through various surgeries could be so rude. So between being moody with my boyfriend and getting upset at her, it eventually ended in a teary evening where I now sit eating ice cream and venting to you lovely ladies.

I can't fully communicate how much I appreciate the support I feel from everyone on here. I know there are things I will never truly be prepared for until I go through them, but it all helps. I guess now in the final moments is when I start to wonder if I am doing the right thing, if I should have tried doing stricter diets or working out more, and if I made the decision in too short of a time frame. When I really think about it, I know I am doing it all right and this is just nerves talking, but it's still hard to deal with.

Good night team - will keep you updated over the course of the week. Tomorrow I get to start washing with my antibacterial soap!

Tomorrow is last day of work...

Stressed out... I ate straight from the tub of ice cream and ate a couple croissants for supper. I think my bag is packed... we are leaving for the hotel tomorrow afternoon. The house is clean, I have stretchy pants and hoodies and slippers to wear, a pillow and blanket for the car, water bottles for the hotel and car, and cough drops/chapstick as well. I still am feeling weird... like I should be more jittery either with stress or excitement or something. I feel stressed, but it feels more like a general unknowing stress. It's weird. Right? I hope I can get a decent sleep because I haven't been sleeping well the past week. Maybe I'm subconsciously freaking out and that's why I'm not so much during the day...


Just saw that my last post was tagged as '1 day pre'....that's crazy.

At the hotel...

Well ladies. I am currently at the hotel after a lovely night with my man. I have used my disinfectant soap, laid out my stuff for tomorrow, and now I am relaxing before I have my last snack before fasting. I doubt I'll have time to update tomorrow, so I will post from the other side of the itty bitty club.

On the other side...

I am officially on the other side of the boob club! Got some decent drugs in me so I'm not too sore but the drain sites are a bit sensitive. I am so happy about the size, they look nice a tiny and my back already feels less stress. I will update more tomorrow but I thought I would check in and let everyone know I'm on the mend!!!

Zingers, bandages, etc.

Day one is going well. Feeling is there and the drain sites are hurting a bit but they aren't very full so I might get one of them out tomorrow. I finally got a good look at them today and it feels so unreal to see them so small and perky. I don't think it's really sunk in yet that this is the new me. But they look even and healthy so I am happy. And they are on the smaller side which is totally what I wanted. Will keep updating as I know more. Won't know the amount removed until my post-op next week.

Day 2 - Left Drain Removed

Got to have my left drain removed today since it was so low. The right one can probably come out tomorrow/Sunday. Felt incredibly weird to have it pulled out. I'm still pretty sore but it's very much what I expected. I'm so lucky to have a support system to take care of me. It's much easier to relax knowing I don't need to worry about other things. I'm hoping I can get my right drain out tomorrow so I can have a shower...

Sooo tiny...

I love them.


Is it too early to have zingers at post day 1 and 2?
I was expecting to have them later on, but I already have a lot of feeling back and am experiencing those nervy sharp pains already.

Post Op Day 4

I got my second drain out yesterday which was the more painful of the two, so that was glorious. This also meant that I could shower now! I decided to give it until this morning and it felt so nice to be clean! I kept one of my cheap post-op bras on during the shower just because I'm a little apprehensive about any direct water contact just yet. But I got some help and washed my hair and got it nicely put up so I don't have to even think about it for a couple days.

I changed my bandages and transitioned into one of my zip-front sports bras that I had bought because I think the post-op bra they gave me was slightly too tight, whether due to measurements or swelling, around the band and my ribs were starting to get unhappy.

The zingers and shooting pains are around a bit more now but I think that's due to an eventful morning and me sleeping in during one of my pill alarms. I'm off the prescription and onto the regular ES Tylelnol now which seems to make things bearable enough. Car rides are still terrible though.

I'll attached a couple pictures from my phone in a minute...

Day 4 Pictures

Ignore the dark lighting, it makes everything look darker than it is.

Post-Op Today

Met with my PS today for a check in and all is going well. Not a lot to report. I'll get to find out the amounts removed at my next appt. which should be in 4 to 6 weeks if all goes well between now and then. Exhausted after being out and about for 7-8 hours today and I need a nap!

One more picture...

Pre vs. Post Day 5

One Week Post Op

Well I am one week out and feeling way better than I thought I would. I've been on regular Tylenol for a couple days 3x daily and I think I'm going to try cutting it down from there. I've been slightly anxious about going off it completely but I'm feeling pretty good so I guess it doesn't hurt. My drain site on the right is still sore but otherwise the incisions are looking good. I feel like righty is already more rounded out and dropped compared to lefty. But I don't know if that's because it's still swollen more than lefty. The asymmetries are there of course but they are so slight that I really don't care right now since they still are far from what they'll end up being.

Day 10 Post Op

Well here I sit ten days later in fresh bandages and wondering, "where the hell did the last ten days go??"

I am feeling for the most part pretty good. My arm movement is still not 100% and I've got some tenderness but all in all, well better than I would have expected this soon after surgery.

The glue is starting to come off in places but still leaving dried marker and blood making them look worse than they are. Things are starting to relax more and more and are rounding out in some places.

I am going to go back to work this week and see how things are. I still have some time I could use but I'm going a little crazy sitting around. I am on a countdown for my next visit with the PS to be cleared for activity and such, in 3-5 weeks.

Thought I Was Wonder Woman...

I was feeling all nice and good this evening so I decided to (carefully) try on some old clothes and clean some things out of my closet that don't fit anymore. Must have overdid it without realizing it because here I lay at 3am feeling so absolutely sore and uncomfortable in this damn surgical bra that I cannot sleep despite being exhausted. Took some Tylenol and a Bromelain and hoping it'll kick in soon.

I am getting slightly annoyed even though it's my fault for pushing it. I would rather feel pain at the time of overdoing it so I know when enough is enough. I know I need to take it easy but it's so hard to know what is too much until moments like this where I regret not just sitting on the couch.

Sigh. I know you ladies have either been there or will be there. *hugs*

Two Weeks Post Op

Well not much has changed in a few days. Lefty is starting to relax more but is not quite there yet. The one pucker look like when it lets looser it's actually gonna end up being the new breast fold. The glue is coming off now and I've got a bit of a peek at some of the nipple edges and they are looking good.
There's some dark dried blood on both nipples that seems like a scab so I'm interested to see what that turns into.
I have also found that I am afflicted with the same craze as it seems everyone gets to where they can't stop looking at new clothes. I found cheap bras on clearance at Target for $5 so of course I had to try them on. I can't wear them for six months cause they have wires but I figure for $5 if they don't fit at that time I'm not out a ton. They were.... size 38D!!!! Incredible. I'm thrilled.

Glue coming off... maybe too soon...

Well as the glue comes off I start to think maybe I am overdoing it lately. The junction of the incision at the bottom of the nipple appears to have pulled apart on me today. The dark spots that looked maybe to be glue chunks or something seem to actually be a large scab. The bottom point of the scab lifted and there was nothing but grossness underneath it.

I added a couple steri-strips and pulled the incision together and am hoping that will be enough to keep things in place... I'm really hoping that these scabs are covering what is going to be lovely healed skin eventually. I've got my follow up in three weeks so here's hoping things are solid by then.

Anyone else have big ol' scabs on the nipple/incision junction?

Three Weeks Post Op

Three weeks out and feeling okay. There's more oozing now that the glue is off but the couple open spots are clotting nicely and hopefully some pretty new skin will form under the scabs. I am still having my "shopping" problem seeing what new clothes I can wear now and finding new wire free bras I can wear for the next few months. Next follow up is in three weeks so hopefully I'll get an "all clear to resume life" at that point.

Both are rounding out more but have a bit of a different shape at the moment. Not too concerned. They are close in size for now and I know I've still got a long road ahead for things to get to where they should be.

Before / After (3 Weeks)

One more picture just comparing my before and after... it kinda blows my mind to see this...

And it's infection time!

I saw my GP today since I was a bit concerned and she agreed I have a slight infection starting. So I am on antibiotics now with an antibiotic ointment. I was super freaked out last night because I pulled off the gauze and a little bit of dried gunk came with it and a stitch came out with that. I cleaned everything out super good and bandaged stuff up good and hoped that by morning it would look better. It did, and it already looks better now almost 24 hours later. Here's hoping this is my only complication stage... The spots that aren't going funky are looking really good so that gives me some hope!

Healing? I think...

So I've now been on antibiotics for five days, and I've gone through a couple days of tons of fluid coming out which I'm assuming is mostly dead fat. I've pulled three stitches out of the hole on my left nipple and I think it seems to be sealing over a bit better now... Thoughts? Here's some pictures from this week as I've been managing it.

One Month Post Op

I cannot believe that it has already been a month since surgery. I feel like my back is already completely changed and so has my outlook on my body image. I am feeling good and aside from these damn scabs things are healing great. I am super happy with how small the scars are at this point. There's a small amount leaking out each day and the scabs are solidifying well so that's a plus I guess. I go to my follow up next Wednesday so still hoping I'll get cleared to exercise then...

Six Weeks Post Op + Follow Up With PS Today

So I had my six week check in today with the PS. I was quite nervous as I live in a different city and haven't seen him since my post-op five weeks ago. He didn't seem too surprised by my few open spots and told me to change it up from gauze to bandages with Polysporin on them and sealed to keep the moisture in. I am allowed to resume any non-bouncy activities such as speed walking or stationary bike but no running or anything yet.

Also, found out my amounts! I had just over 1800g removed which works out to be 4 pounds total! Super crazy.

Here are some updated pictures. Things are definitely starting to even out more as they relax and I'm happy with the lines thus far.

8 Weeks Post Op

Well a lot has improved since my 6 week check in with the PS. The opening under lefty has been totalled covered for a week or so. The opening on the right nipple is JUST about closed up. And the opening on the left nipple is coming along. That one was way deeper than the others where I could actually see under the skin, so no wonder it is taking longer.

Still wearing bandaids over the nipples, and started putting some lotion on as I found my skin getting super dry. I think it has to do with showering and washing them daily. My skin is used to the every other day showering so it's finally taking it's toll.

For me, it definitely has helped keeping them covered and moist. I don't know if it's the way the incisions were, without scabs and more so fatty, yellow tissue, or if it's just my body. But I think switching between dry and moist was what made it take awhile to get on with healing. Oh well, on the other side now!

Sleeping on my front with no issues. Still buying new clothes. I have gone out for supper bra-less in an adorable sundress. And also trying to get out and go walking when I can.

This whole process has been crazy... can't believe it's only and already been 8 weeks. If I hadn't jumped on my consult in January, I probably would have been going this month for the consult, and then up to a year after that for surgery.

So thrilled with everything. Ignore the red marks in the pictures, I had just taken my bra and the bandaids off.


3 Months Update

Hey everyone. It's been awhile since my last update but since everything was going so well I guess I didn't even feel the need!

Things have been slowly moving along and my bad areas are nothing but a bit drier than the other spots. It feels so crazy that I had actual holes where the bottom of my nipples were and now they look normal (well as can be). I'm happy with the size, though they could have been a tad smaller. I'm hoping with a little weight loss they might go down a tad but if not I am perfectly happy. My left nipple looks a bit bigger than the right, but I think a large part is that the right hasn't quite relaxed fully yet.

I have been trying to remember to Bio-Oil them as often as I can. I'll admit I'm not doing it as much as I should. I find that after this long and how bad they looked at one time, I almost don't care about the scars... But I know I'll regret not doing it later so I am trying.

Will update again when I see my doc.

Oh! One more thing. I have gone jogging a couple times and it is amazing that I can go for however long without stabbing pains in my neck and shoulders. So wonderful.

And two words. Strapless. Dress.
Loving the summer so far.

It's been almost 5 months...

I cannot believe how time has flown lately. I'll keep this brief..

Things have been great. It feels absolutely natural by this point for me. A few odd days here and there... I had what I thought was a tiny zit on the edge of my nipple so I squeezed it and bam, a itty bitty stitch popped out. Then it closed right up next day. Otherwise, things have been great.

Still not wearing underwire, but I have gone without a bra some days with a cute dress or something. I was supposed to go back to my PS in June but things with work just didn't work to get a day off to go. I am planning to go next month since it times out with my six month mark.

I have started to try scar treatment and through my aunt, I heard about Skincerity Breathable Night Masque. It's this miracle roll-on masque that you put on before bed and peel off in the morning. I am going to post a picture from my phone right after this so you can see the Day 1, Day 10, and Day 19 progress. It's amazing so far.

I have tried on bras and have settled quite well into a 36D/36DD size now. I still find some clothes don't fit my chest, but not nearly the percentage as did before. While I have sometimes thought maybe he didn't go small enough, I also recognize that I am not a tiny body type to start with, so I can't expect everything to change all at once.

Hope all the lovely ladies who were going through things at the same time as me are doing just as well!

Skincerity For Scar Treatment

Using for a total of 19 days (skipped two in there as well) and loving the results so far.

One Year Post-Op: A Great Success

Here I sit this evening, exactly one year after having my reduction, and I can't help but think that I must make time to update on here even after all this time. I remember the night before surgery, I spent so much time cruising here. And the night after, had to update. This site was absolutely fantastic support for me.

So now a whole year later and I can say that I have zero regrets. I had a few very minor issues while healing early on, but those cleared up quite quick. Now the only evidence of those issues is some lighter skin.

It's hard to explain, but those who have gone through this will probably understand. I feel normal. They feel normal. They don't hurt my back. They don't get in the way. They don't make me feel self-conscious. They don't attract unwanted attention. This is the best decision I ever made.

If you have any questions I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.
Kristopher Ledding

I am so impressed with Dr. Ledding. Not once did I wait for an appointment, in fact I usually was seen earlier than my scheduled time. He was always very good about explaining things so that I had few questions afterwards. The questions I did have he answered as well. He was very friendly and calm without compromising any question of seriousness and professionalism. Although I do still have follow up appointments to attend and a large part of the healing process, I feel very good about my recommendation for Dr. Ledding. He gave me back my posture and a new outlook on myself and my life.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful