The Day After my Breast Reduction- 49 Year Old with 2 Kids - Randwick, AU

Well after many years of considering a breast...

Well after many years of considering a breast reduction I finally did it. I have gone from a 12 E to it looks like a 12 C maybe full B. I had always been a D cup and although they were a hassle I can never say they were a huge issue. The issue was after to stopped breast feeding my now 12 year old. I remember looking in the mirror and just so upset of what they had become. During pregnancy I went right up to a G and they were massive. Breast feeding was really important to me however it was so uncomfortable and hard on my back etc. My second daughter came along and again they went from now a deflated DD to an enormous M cup again. The only benefit is they were fuller and did not look as droppy. So I have been a 36DD/12E but very uncomfortable and the dents on my shoulder as just so pronounced. I was living in NY and I was booked to have a breast reduction there and we unexpectedly had to move back home to Sydney. Having lived abroad for 5 years we had to wait out 12 month for private insurance. After research I decided to go with professor Mark Gianoutsos. I had the surgery yesterday at POWP and its all went smoothly. I got a peek today and OMG they are magnificent! After seeing photos on here I was expecting I what I refer to as "frankenboobs" but they look perfect. No bruising and just perfect. The nurses were so impressed also. My husband is thrilled! I had the drains taken out this morning and I was discharged. Honestly I feel amazing and besides being a bit tired everything is going really wet. The compression bras I was given are super comfy and they are Marena ones. I will go to my doctor next week and I think I have a few stitches to take out however the majority are internal. I am glad I stayed overnight and thankful here in Australia its standard. I have no photos yet however I will take some when I change the dressing in a few days.

3 days post op

Had a great night sleep and thankfully I do sleep normally on my back. I have not taken any of the painkillers I got as I have not needed them. I have to say after having had a c-section this surgery is so much easier to deal with. I just have to be careful not to push myself as I feel like getting back to normal.
I can shower however I am not suppose to wet my boobs so thankfully we have a shower with a hand held shower head.
I am going to the hairdressers to have them wash and blow dry my hair.
I have an appointment with my PS in a few days to remove the stitches.
Cannot wait to go bra shopping now!

Finally some pics @ 4 days post op

I just finished my shower and I thought I would post some pics. I have noticed some bruising which was to be expected. Another great night sleep and feeling good. I am still bloated however I am working on that. I do feel swelling down on my boobs but that may be my imagination. I like wearing the compression bra as I feel the girls are nice and safe.
I again have had no pain medication as I have no pain.

6 days post op ( visit to my PS)

Feeling good and everything is healing well. The nurse trimmed my sutures and changed the dressing to tape. I was given another bra (Amoena Frances) and wow even more comfortable than the 2 Marenas I was given after the surgery. My PS is happy and made sure I was happy which I am. I have another week off work so going to take it easy and just try and do some walking. I am not due to see my PS for another 6 weeks now however if I have any issues he wants me to call him. I took some pics and you see a bit of bruising however the nurse said it was minimal. So excited to be able to have normal showers and I can sleep on my side if I am comfortable which is AWESOME!

13 days post Op

Just a quick post to say this is my last day off and back to work tomorrow. All is going well and the fatigue is getting better however I know that it will be tough as of tomorrow. Thankfully my husband and kids are great so everyone will do their bit to help. For those is Australia I got my Medicare rebate and it was about $1300. I am still waiting for my PHI but I am not expecting much. I also still do not have the pathology bill which is due soon.
Swelling has gone down and I have not had any issues with wounds etc. The tape is still on and I am suppose to simply replace if it does come off. I am to keep the tape on till my 6 week visit. I have all internal stitches so it does look very neat which I am very pleased about. I am very conscious about lifting as I don't want to impeded my healing. The only issue I have had was firstly the constipation then the reverse for a few days. Thankfully I seem to be on track now however I have somewhat lost a bit of my appetite which is fine with me as I am not exercising. So far I feel the experience has been wonderful and very happy with the results.

16 Days Post Op

Just wanted to update for those here in Australia I got a rebate from my PHI of $450. So all up between Medicare and PHI I have had a rebate of $1780.
So out of pocket I am $9348.00 and its worth every cent. I adore my boobs and they are only getting better as the swelling keeps going down.

I still do not have a pathology bill however.
I am back at work and feeling okay. I take things slowly however to be honest I feel better being at work that not doing anything. I am getting shooting pains at times however my PS did tell me that is normal. Swelling is really decreasing and my tape has not come off at all which is great. I am so glad its winter so you cannot tell through my white work shirt the ugly bra's I am wearing. I am looking forward to buying new ones which I plan to do after my 6 week check up. I did ask my PS what I would be able to wear and he said ANYTHING yay!

Almost 4 weeks post op

Just checking to say all is going very well. This last week I had to remind myself I had surgery. I find not exercising very frustrating as I have put on weight . I have been walking 5 kms a day however I have started to add some pace. I am still extremely cautious about lifting however everything else is fine.
I have started taking iron as I normally have very low iron levels and I am sure it's helping with energy levels. Cannot wait till the 28/8 to see my PS and get the all clear.
My tape has not fallen off so have not had to reapply either.
Got a few new Coobie bras and they look super cute and can wear them now. Cannot believe my boobs are so perky! Just love them.

7 weeks post Op

Had my final appointment with my PS and simply over the moon. My whole experience has been amazing and just so grateful to him. I just received my order from Herroom ( thank goodness the deliver to Australia) and I am wearing a 36 C. I wanted a looser band for a bit and bought wireless bras. There is a great selection. I am allowed to wear any bra but I will stick with wireless fora bit. Going for a run tomorrow and cannot wait! The scars look great and I know will fade in time. Just so happy!! It's now back to my normal life with awesome boobs! Bring on summer.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Amazing work. Very skilled and very caring.