Lisa Adams - of Skin Raleigh - is Hands Down THE BEST INJECTOR - Raleigh, NC

I'm in my mid-30s and over the last couple years...

I'm in my mid-30s and over the last couple years I've had regular botox/dysport/juvederm/restylane to compensate for my ever-flattening face. Losing facial volume completely sucks as it makes you look old and extremely tired. Unfortunately for me (and whoever is doing the injecting) I have MAJOR anxiety about anything to do with needles and blood etc. Ughh ughhh ughhhhhh however that is trumped only by my anxiety about looking tired and bedraggled and feeling it. So I've usually seen doctors and nurse injectors with loads of trepidation and anxiety panic attacks lol

Until I discovered Lisa Adams at Skin Raleigh (through perusing loads of helpful reviews on Realself) I'd frankly never felt comfortable with any injector. I've also had some bad injection experiences, regardless of my own anxiety hangups, with doctors who are in a rush to make a buck and move you down the line like a package on a conveyor belt. This was NOT the case with Lisa. She spent a significant amount of time with me discussing what my issues and wishes were and although I'd initially come to get Sculptra (which I've never tried before) Lisa advised that I might be a better candidate for Voluma which is something I very much appreciate because in retrospect sculptra could have made me look worse considering my skin and facial shape. I had no experience with Sculptra and Lisa could have just said 'ok sculptra it is' regardless how it turned out but instead she took the time to discuss all of my options and issues to choose the best treatment for my particular skin which was SO very much appreciated.

When my initial bit of (normal) swelling went down I couldn't see much of a difference so I contacted Lisa to get her opinion and she explained that although Voluma was most likely a much better choice than Sculptra for me, a small percentage of people's skin and facial shape just doesn't respond to the average amount as most people's would have. Then Lisa asked me to come back and have a bit more Voluma at no cost to myself, and as I live about 6 hours away and weekends are best for me she let me come see her on a Saturday Afternoon which was awesome as I wouldn't have to take time off of work again to travel. So! On Saturday afternoon Mother's Day weekend while Lisa could have been home with her family or spending her Saturday as anyone would want to (not at work) she spent a good deal of time smack in the middle of her day helping me get some volume back in this flat pancake face! I can't tell you how kind and amazing that was of her, especially since she's so meticulous and took her time to make my results look outstanding and I feel like my old self again - Lisa is a true Artist!!!!!

Skin Raleigh, NC