38 Year Old Mom of 3. (Extended Abdominoplasty) - Raleigh, NC

I am a 38 year old mom of 3 children. After my...

I am a 38 year old mom of 3 children. After my last baby I had sagging muscles and skin at the bottom of my belly. I was always trying to hide it. I could not wear certain clothes because you could see it. I was ashamed of my husband looking at. Even though he always tried to make me feel good about it. He always said I got that from having his babies, and it didn't bother him. As a woman, we are always self conscious of our looks. After Researching the surgery, and talking with some friends. I decided to do it. I had the extended abdominoplasty surgery on March 24, 2016. I also had liposuction on my sides as well. I went to Dr Morea. Plastic surgical center of North Raleigh NC. Today is day 5 after surgery. I feel pretty good. I am still taking it easy and I have not been out of the house. I am worried about them removing one of the drain tubes on Thursday. I heard it hurts really bad. I will post pictures later. I haven't taken any yet. These past few days have been a little rough, but not as bad as I though it would be.

5 days post op

i am 5 days post op. i feel pretty good today. Only taking tylenol for pain meds. I haven't gotten my full appetite back yet. my drains are not draining as much. I am sleeping in my bed instead of my recliner. my recliner was not comfortable at all. i have a lot of pillows on my bed for support. I am ready to get my drain lines out. i promise to post pics later. I haven't posted anything yet,

A good day.

I feel really good today. My daughters helped me take a some what of a shower. I just wish I could wash my hair. I haven't figured that part out yet. Going in tomorrow to remove one drain. Kind of nervous about that. But I know I will feel better once it's out.

A good day.

First post op visit.

I had my first post op visit this morning. Removed one drain. The nurse pulled it so fast I could barely feel it. I feel so much better since she removed it. She told me to start wearing a T shirt under my garment. It was starting to rub my skin raw. She also removed my tape around my incision. Once removed my incision looked better. They gave me some antibiotic cream to put around my belly button. Dr Morea told me I was getting around good for a person who had surgery just a week ago. Still alot of swelling.

2nd post op visit

I am having my second post op visit in the morning. As long as I don't have anything in my drain line. I am ready to get this second drain out. I'm walking better but I am still sore. But I quests that's normal. This is a major surgery. I coughed hard yesterday for the first time. And it was awful!!! I hope I don't have to cough again for a month!! Lol.

2nd post op visit

I was suppose to return today to remove my second drain. It still had some drainage in it. I am going back in the morning. I am so ready to be drain free. I have started itching. any good remedies for that??

Drain free!!!

I am drain free!!!! Yes!!!! It feels so good to get out my second drain today. I have to go back next week to make sure no fluid is building up. Other than that. Everything looks good. I notice after I eat that's when I swell more. It feels weird. I'm going back to work tomorrow to do light duty work.

Day 13.

I'm going back to work today. Just doing some light duty things. I have on my CG and a tank top under it that has the spanex in the waist line. Just to hold me a little more today. Still lots of swelling and bruising from my Lipo on my sides.

Pictures

I updated pics this morning. Don't know what happened to them. Going to try again.

2 weeks post op.

Thursday was 2 weeks since my surgery. I am still walking a little slow. I am still tight. Still lots of swelling. I've noticed all my clothes are big on me now. Yay!!! I'm glad. That's what I wanted. I'm still kind of scared of fluid buildup in my stomach. Even though I went back to work. I'm still taking it easy. 3 days after surgery I was asking myself " why did I do this to myself"? Now. I am very happy that I did it. It has really improved my self confidence. One of the best things I've ever done.

Fluid check

I had to return to my PS today for a fluid check. Of course I had fluid built up. My PS had to drain it. I am still numb so of course I couldn't feel it. I have to go back next week to check it again. Hopefully I won't have any more. Still lots of swelling. I still have to wear my CG. I asked about something to help me sleep at night. I can't get comfortable and I am up after 2-3 hours of sleep. He told me to try Tylenol PM to see if that helps. I keep telling myself it will be worth it in a couple of months.

Ready to be normal.

At my appointment on Monday. After my PS drained my fluid. He placed a white square pad on my belly. He told me to only take it off to shower. But it's really irritating my skin. So tonight I took it off for about 2 hours I felt like my skin needed to breath!! I am still walking slow. And I am standing up slow. Seems like I can feel my muscles pulling. I will be glad when I can get back to normal. I'm not doing anything around the house. Thank God for my kids.

Ready to sleep on my side again.

Today is 21 days post op. I am still sleeping on my back with the pillows. When I try to get on my sides I feel like something is pulling. So I just sleep on my back. Still have lots of swelling. Especially on my sides.

Second Fluid checkup

Going back tomorrow to see if I have any more fluid built up that needs to be drained. Slept on my side last night. I was comfortable but it was sore today more than usual. Still lots of swelling. But this Thursday will only be 4 weeks. I think PS said you can have swelling for up to 6 months. I put on a pair of my pants today. Of course they were falling off. Needed a belt. Not buying any clothes until I know my true size. BUT I AM SO EXCITED!! ????????

Fluid check.

No more fluid build up. PS told me to wear CG one more week. Gave me some scar cream. Back in a month

30 days post op

Today is 30 days since my surgery. I feel great. Stil lots of swelling. Seems like more than I had after surgery.

4 month checkup.

Had my check up last week. Dr Morea said everything looked. Still lots of swelling. Depending on the temperature outside. Some days I see more swelling than others. Go back in October to take my after surgery pics. I am going in between the strips some days and the crime the other days. My incision line is very smooth.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

So far I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Morea and his entire staff. He is very professional. He called after i got home that night to check up on me. You have a contact number to reach him any time with any questions.