35 Year Old Mother of Two, Finally Has the Tummy of my Dreaams - Raleigh, NC

I had been wanting to get a tummy tuck for as long...

I had been wanting to get a tummy tuck for as long as I can remember. I had my oldest daughter when I was 16. And that pregnancy messed up my body so bad. So, I was never able to enjoy my body as a woman. I went from having a developing child's body to a pregnant body to a very badly affected post baby body.
I estimated the cost of my tummy tuck, just because I also had breast implants and liposuction. So, I don't remember the individual costs. But since I know the total cost, I was able to make a pretty accurate estimate of each individual surgery.
Dr Law and his staff are amazing. Each individual staff member in their own way. He took his time with me, made suggestions, listened to mine. He also had an impeccable bedside manor. His nurse practitioner, Tracey Barlow, was great as well. She was so helpful. I emailed her anytime I had questions. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. Yet, she answered every single email, or once she actually just called me. She was able to provide me with any and all information I needed. The rest of his staff were just wonderful. Very friendly.
I was really scared the morning of surgery. They did everything they could to keep me calm. The nurse didn't leave my side. I was never left alone. She talked to me the entire time I was getting prepped for surgery.
Everyone who was going to be in the operating room with me introduced themselves prior to surgery. Then, when it was time, the anesthesiologist told me that he was going to give me something in my iv to help me relax, so I wouldn't be so nervous as I was being wheeled over to the O.R. He was young and had a really nice smile. That is the last thing I remember prior to surgery.
As I woke up from surgery, I just felt really tired, and my stomach was cramping up pretty bad. My nurse was right beside of me. It was so nice to not have to wake up alone. She did everything she could to help me control the pain. I was also a little loopy. From the anesthesia, I assume.
The facility was very comfortable. It did not feel like a hospital in the "Oh my gosh, I hate hospitals" type of way. It wasn't freezing, nor did it smell like hand sanitizer. It did, however, feel like a hospital in the, "I feel safe" type of way. The nurses were great helping me throughout the night. They helped me to the bathroom, gave me pain medication when I needed it. And not once made me feel like an inconvenience. The experience was way more enjoyable than I expected.
I have heard of Dr's who give you the option or send you home after surgery, but I could not imagine leaving that office right after surgery. I had a much better piece of mind staying in Dr Law's office overnight.
I am ecstatic about my results! Dr Law truly is an artist. I never thought my stomach could look or feel like this. It has only been 19 days. I was pleased with my results at day 3, yet it continues to look better daily. And my scar is getting lighter and lighter. My swelling is continuing to go down. I can tell that I still have some, but like I said, it looks better and better every single day. I am nowhere close to being 100% recovered, yet I am already this happy with my results. I can't even imagine how I'm going to look in 6 months. Or this time next year.
I would absolutely do it over again if I had to. Dr Law is a little on the expensive side. But you get what you pay for. If you have ever seen a knock off Louis Vuitton bag after owning an authentic Louis Vuitton bag, I'm sure you noticed how poor the quality is in the knock off bag. And they tear up very easily. Thankfully that's just a handbag. What if that was your body that you decided to pinch pennies on. So, you chose to go with a lesser qualified plastic surgeon, or maybe someone who has a poor rating score. Then wonder why you had a bad experience, or got an infection, or simply are just not satisfied with your results. I know I'd be kicking myself in the butt, wishing I would have spent that extra $2000 dollars. If you want top of the line results, you have to pay top of the line prices. I will never see another plastic surgeon again. I am so thankful that I took the time to Dr shop on google and realself.com by reading testimonials and reviews. I saw 2 plastic surgeons before I was introduced to Dr Law. I am so grateful that I didn't settle for a dr just because his office was closer to my home, or because his prices were cheaper.
SO EXCITED ABOUT BATHING SUIT SEASON!!!
My best advice to anyone who is considering plastic surgery of any type is always keep in mind that you get what you pay for!

Pics

I finally got a couple of pics to download. I'll put more up later with my scar. But I will go ahead and say that, after only 2 weeks, my scar was already the same color as my skin. And that is before going back for my laser scar treatment, which is included Dr Law's price.

pics

I took a couple pics of my scar to add. I think it looks great.

post op and exact price

I had my 1 month post op visit yesterday. Along with the laser treatment on my scar. Everything went great. The laser treatment didn't hurt. Although, I heard that it does.
I haven't been able to give the exact price of my tummy tuck because I had a breast augmentation and inner thigh lipo with it. So, it's been difficult for me to remember individual prices. But I did find my paper work today. The cost of my tummy tuck was 11,500. And worth every penny! I become more and more pleased with my results daily!

1 month post op

8 weeks after surgery

I'm feeling good. Still wearing a garment quite a bit. It helps so much with the swelling. I swell most when I've been at work, on my feet all day. If I spend a day in bed, I don't really swell at all. I've noticed that I'm tired a lot lately. That may or may not be related to the surgery. I just feel like I can't get enough sleep. Last night I fell asleep around ten. Woke back up at 1130. I was back asleep by 12, then slept til 1230 today. And I know I could still fall asleep right now. After all that sleep, I am still really tired. I'm still very happy with my results. One thing I've never heard people talk about was how my pubic area was raised a little. Not much. Not so bad that I hate it. But it looked odd to me at first. I felt like my torso was too short. I can still wear the average bikini bottoms. But that's just something people might like to expect.

11 week post op

Loving my new body! I'm more confident at 36 then I was at 21!

11 weeks post op

I do still have swelling from time to time, only when I've been on my feet a lot. I'm so happy I had this surgery.

Almost 9 months!!!

I'm so happy! I don't even know what to say. Swelling is almost completely gone now. I have just a little swelling a few times a month. I went to the doc last month when we gave me before and after photos. I just can't believe the difference.. Lol!

11 month post op

Wow!!! I can't believe that is still getting better!!
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

There is not much more I could say. I pretty much said everything in my initial review. I couldn't have asked for better treatment. Dr Law and his staff were incredible!!