25 Years Old, No Kids

I have wanted a breast augmentation for years now....

I have wanted a breast augmentation for years now. I put it on the back burner until I graduated about two years ago. I have not been able to think about the surgery without getting sick to my stomach. Recently, I've been able to wrap my head around it a little more. I would rather go through with the surgery for the look that I want than not. I am currently a B and am thinking I want to be a full C or small D. I have my consultation on October 17th and I'm hoping to have surgery on December 8th. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Wish pictures!

I've been obsessing over surgery lately. I can't wait!!

Consultation

I went for my consultation today! I pass out easily and started feeling it today. I was so nervous even though I knew nothing was happening. Dr. Morea was very nice about it and got me water. The staff was friendly and everyone joked around with me which made me more comfortable. I put a deposit down and will have surgery on December 8th at 8:00 AM. Dr. Morea said that he thinks 475 cc high profile will be best for my frame.

475cc high profile

I'm 4 weeks out and beyond nervous! I spoke with my nurse yesterday to see if she could calm me down. The doctor is thinking 475cc to 500cc high profile to go from a small B to a D. I am 5'5, 130 pounds, and athletic. I'm nervous about going to small or too big. I wish I know what the outcome was going to look like!

1 week out

I am having surgery in one week and a day. I am completely freaking out. I have read my packet about 10 times making sure I don't miss anything. I have called Dr. Morea's office about once a week with new questions and concerns. They have been very helpful and calm me down each time. I'm so ready to get this over with!

Surgery day!!!

I went in for my surgery this morning at 8:00 AM! I was very, very nervous and the staff was aware. All of the nurses took exceptional care of me. They made sure to talk to me and comfort me the entire time I was at the office. When we went back to the operating room, I received my IV and I don't remember anything after that. I woke up in recovery where the nurse was giving my boyfriend the care instructions. Once I was fully awake, the nurse dressed me and took me to the car in a wheel chair. I was not able to get out of the car without assistance. I was in a good amount of pain but the nurse wanted me to eat before taking my pain meds. Once I took my pain meds, I felt a little more normal and the pain was not as bad. I'm so excited to see what they look like!!

First day after surgery

Last night went really well! I've been on top of my pain meds every 4 hours. Last night I went to bed after taking my meds at 12:00. I set an alarm to wake up at 6:00 this morning to take more. I slept perfectly thanks to the setup my boyfriend made for me! When I woke up at 6:00, I was in the most pain I had felt. I took the meds and went right back to bed. When I woke up, I felt much, much better! I'm up and moving around but trying to take it easy. The swelling is making my chest feel really tight and itchy. Other than that, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

500 cc high profile

I also forgot to mention that my doctor went with 500 cc high profile!

Day 3

I showered today.. That was a lot harder than I had expected. I took the gauze off my incisions and it made me sick to my stomach. My nipples are VERY sensitive and I have a sharp pain in my left armpit that won't go away. I started weaning myself off the pain meds this morning. They were giving me a major headache, nausea, and my skin was itching like crazy. I decided to take one every four hours with a Tylenol. That seems to be alright for right now. My skin is still super tight and I'm a little uncomfortable. Hopefully tomorrow is better!

Day 4

I'm completely off my pain meds! These were messing me up so bad.. I vomited one, was nauseous, sleeping all day, and had the worst migraine I've ever had. I'm taking two extra strength Tylenol every 6 hours and feel pretty good. I still have tightness and the weird feeling of something foreign in my chest. I'm moving around and need to get out of the house. I'm curious how I'm going to do at my training tomorrow.

Day 4 pictures

My boobs feel very foreign and are still tight. I'm extremely bloated as well! I was able to walk around some today so hopefully I can get my stomach to go down...

Day 6

My bloated stomach is finally going down!! I'm starting to move around normally but am stilling having back pains from sitting up. Each day is getting easier, but is still very strange. I HATE taking my bra off. My boobs still feel like they're going to explode. It's becoming a security blanket for me. My showers are quick so I don't have to deal with it long. I'm going for my post op tomorrow!

Post op

I had my post op yesterday. I was cleared to sleep flat on my back. Thank goodness!! The doctor said that everything looked great! He took the tape off of my incisions and it looks like my stitches have dissolved. They told me to take it easy for another week and not get my heart rate up. The doctor told me that 500 cc was the largest high profile that would fit my frame. I'm still taking 2 extra strength Tylenol every 6 hours for pain. The mornings have been the worse. I'm stiff and it's difficult to get out of bed. I also had a lot of trouble cooking last night. I ordered blue apron for dinner this week. I was not able to cut a sweet potato and had to put the cutting board on the floor and use the weight of my knee.. Cooking took every ounce of energy out of me.

Two weeks and one day!

I feel like myself again! I felt pretty strange for a good week and a half. My implants are finally starting to feel like they are part of me. I can't feel them in my body like I had been. I'm moving around so much better! The nerve that was giving me trouble is fine now. I can lift my hands above my head with no pain! My nipples are still pretty sensitive but I'm more comfortable taking my bra off to shower. They look like they're slowly dropping as well!

Had a little fun tonight!

I tried on some bikinis and tops that I had bought for my new boobs! I'm getting happier and happier with them each day!

Two weeks and five days

I took some pictures this morning and thought I would share!

Three week mark!

Today marks three weeks! I tried on another old bikini last night and I'm loving what I'm seeing! I went to the gym today and did some glute band work before my 15 minute walk. I'm feeling really good! The left is still higher than the right but they're both dropping. My scars are looking great as well. I'm very, very happy!

3 weeks and 5 days

I went bra shopping/workout shirt yesterday! I am currently wearing a lightly lined 34DD in Victoria's Secret, which means I'm really a 34D. I tried on a lightly padded bra and the 34DD was too small with the padding. It also made my boobs look huge! I used to wear a 34B without padding and a 34C with padding in Victoria's Secret. It's so wonderful to not need the padding! My boobs are definitely dropping and are looking more full. They're still easy to hide at work, which I really wanted. I'm also still wearing an extra small tank top! I'm loving my new look!

Yesterday was 4 weeks!

Yesterday was my 4 week mark! My left implant is still higher but they are dropping! I have been pretty sore and sensitive the past two days. I'm not sure what that is about. They feel bruised when I touch them, but no bruising is visible. I have my one month post op on 1/16/17.

Five weeks and four days - one month post op

I went for my one month post op today! It's been five weeks and four days. Dr. Morea is very pleased with the progress. I can now wear whatever I want and I have no limitations. He did advise me to take it slow in the gym and to not get too overzealous. He also told me I can sleep on my side or stomach. I have tried laying on my stomach and it was a nightmare. It's the strangest feeling and is very uncomfortable. I'm just thrilled to wear a normal bra to work tomorrow! I purchased two Body by Victoria bras that do not have underwire. My breasts still don't move, so I feel like underwire would be extremely uncomfortable. My right breast is definitely dropping faster than the left. Dr. Morea said that it should resolve over time. I also purchased the scar cream from Dr. Morea. Hopefully it will take care of my red scars.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Morea and his staff have been wonderful throughout my experience. I called several times with questions and concerns before and after my surgery. Dr. Morea and his staff answered all of my questions and put my mind at ease. I was very nervous going into surgery. The nurses talked to me the entire time and made sure I was comfortable and relaxed.