24 Years Old, Stubborn Fat on Belly and Thighs. Prague, CZ

I'm all booked in! I fly out to Prague on the 30th...

I'm all booked in! I fly out to Prague on the 30th June, surgery is on the 1st July.

The Clinic
Surgery in the UK is extremely expensive so I looked at options abroad. Being in Europe definitely has its advantages as it's only 1-2 hours away from countries with cheaper options.
I decided on Prague because it has stricter rules and regulations on medical procedures, especially compared with some of the other cheaper countries.
After reading reviews online and doing some more research I shortlisted the clinics to Beauty in Prague and Forme Clinic. I have gone with Beauty in Prague as they had the dates I wanted.
So far their service has been amazing. A very lovely lady called me straight away and made it clear she was available if I had any questions. The process has been smooth and professional, I feel very confident with them.

My procedure
I want to get as much fat as possible removed from my stomach, flanks, hips and thighs. You can't tell but I exercise regularly (6-7 classes a week, mostly spin and body pump) but I just can't shift the fat.
Im really self conscious about my hips and stomach in particular and I'm looking forward to not having to worry that my muffin top is showing!
For me, having the surgery is about increasing my confidence.

I'm not nervous yet but I'm sure that will come!

Date change for procedure

Unforseen circumstances have meant I've had to change the date of my surgery, which I'm incredibly disappointed about.
Though the weather in the UK is unbelievably hot and humid at the moment (up to 40C) which would have been hideous to come back to in a compression garment, so maybe it's for the best...

New date for surgery is 12th August, which seems ages away at the moment.
The Clinic were great though and really accommodating with the change of plan, luckily I didn't lose my deposit.

Surgery Day

Today is the day!
I'd been completely relaxed about the whole thing up until yesterday when I started to get twinges of nerves.
I didn't sleep well last night - but that's not unusual for me - and woke up looking more than a little rough and rumbled.
Beauty in Prague have been fantastic, really efficient and friendly.
I've already had my blood test this morning which I was nervous about but I barely felt it! The nurse was fantastic!

I'm struggling to open up and talk about the surgery, a couple of close friends know I'm in Prague for surgery but they all think it's just for a chin implant (I'm having that too). I'm not sure why I'm so embarrassed about it but I am, and I can't bring myself to confess to everyone back home.
Because I've been so uncomfortable and careful about discussing the surgery these last few months; I'm struggling to talk to the nurses too.
Another patient was collected from the airport the same time as me and asked what I was having done, and I spun the chin story again.
I'm embarrassed and embarrassed about being embarrassed! (Story of my life!)

ANYWAY, nerves aren't too bad at the moment. The hospital is lovely and clean, very beautifully decorated. Puts a lot of UK hospitals to shame!

I have a lot of waiting around to do as my surgery isn't until 4pm, but there are tests and further consultations to keep me busy until then!

2 Days Post Op

A quick update with photos! I'll update about my experience soon.
I know it's early days, and I know everyone always moans that they're not satisfied this early on - but I am really worried that I've gone through this traumatic (and expensive!) Experience for nothing :( I really can't see results and I was expecting to see some change.
1050 cc was removed from my stomach area and 500 cc from my thighs. I was hoping for a lot more as that doesn't seem like much at all.

4 days Post Op

I've been rubbish with updating as I've emigrated this month on top of the surgery so haven't had time to focus.
These photos are my 4 day post ops!

2.5 weeks (17 days) Post Op

Here are my 17 days Post Op photos, taken today.
Whilst I see a little difference in my stomach, I'm struggling not to be really disappointed with the results.
I KNOW that 2 weeks is not long and results aren't final till 6 months etc but it's so easy to read that and understand before actually having the surgery and then having to live with the meagre results after so much stress and pain.
Before I was rolling my eyes at everyone saying "I can't see the results!" when they were only a few weeks in but now I completely feel your pain!
Two other factors here though:
1. Neither my stomach nor my thighs feel swollen, they are both soft as before, not hard so I fear that it's fat I'm feeling not swelling
2. The surgeon didn't remove nearly as much fat I was expecting/hoping him to. At consultation he said he would remove 1-1.5 litres from my flanks, pooch stomach and thighs which really frightened me as it didn't seem like a lot at all but he wouldn't budge. He refused to remove any from my upper abs saying it would be "too much". As it happens he removed more in the end; 500 cc from my thighs and 1500cc from my flanks and stomach if I am remembering correctly but that still doesn't seem so much. I've seen reviews from similar sized people on here where they had 3-4 litres + removed...
I am relieved that there is less chance of wrinkling/bumpiness though as there seems to be a fair layer of fat (silver lining/ well fatty lining at least!)

Really hard not to feel like thousands of pounds wasted...

(Sorry for the poor quality pics)

The garment is off!

Today is the day I'm allowed to remove the compression garment! So excited and a little nervous too.
It's a little sore, like a bruise, after a few hours - I think my clothes rubbing on previously wrapped up skin is the main cause!
I'm a little happier with the results, though still not satisfied.
My belly looks quite soft and wobbly, a little like the skin is loose - will this tighten over time?
I'm excited to start exercising again as well!
I'll try and post some photos soon but don't get much privacy to take them in the house I live in!

12 weeks post-op

I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about my results.
I understand that I won't have the full results yet but I don't feel like there has been any change recently; if anything I feel like I'm a bit bigger!
These photos are a tiny bit misleading as I am ever so slightly bloated (wrong time of the month to be taking photos!).
The scarring is the bit that bothers me the most as I think its quite obvious, I really need to be getting bio oil on those bad boys!
Still, I think that the scarring is minimal - each incision is the size of a large freckle.
I feel like I have some way to go until I'm satisfied.

12 weeks photos

Comparing pre-op to 12 week post op

Starting to wish I had taken better photos early on!
The surgery took their own photos so I should perhaps get them at some point!
Anyway, here are some before and after shots at the three month mark.
Is it a noticeable difference?

5 months post op

Hi all,

I can't believe that it is 5 months post op already!!!
Here are my photos, and I've made before and afters too.
I'm reasonably pleased with my stomach - there is a definite "pooch" reduction though I would have hoped for a slimmer waist.
My main grump is my thighs - I can really see no difference at all.
This is particularly annoying as I asked at the point of booking whether I should book stomach and thighs separately - as I was concerned that by having them together, not enough fat would be removed from each area. I was reassured that having them together would mean that the same amount of fat would be removed as if they were done seperately (If that makes any sense!).
Anyway, I'm pleased with my stomach and I think with some targeted exercise I could really get the stomach I want :)

I'm going to wait until the 6 month mark and then contact the surgery about my thighs, as I really don't think they're as they should be!

Any comments welcome :)
Prague Plastic Surgeon

Appalling. There were no visible results after surgery. Surgeon and staff refused to offer any follow up or solution. Surgeon's English was poor and he was pushy and dismissive in consultation, he didn't listen to what I wanted at all. A huge waste of time and money, and a lot of pain and stress for nothing.