42 Years Old Breast Reconstruction After Double Mastectomy

After the decision was made to have a double...

After the decision was made to have a double mastectomy, I knew right away I would choose reconstruction but I wasn't sure which type I would have. After meeting with Dr. Rosas and discussing my options, I chose reconstruction with expanders. The double mastectomy was done in July 2015, at which time the expanders were placed. In November 2015, I had the exchange surgery and had round silicone implants put in. I was happy with the results but due to scoliosis and an asymmetrical rib cage, I wasn't completely satisfied as I felt my breast looked uneven in clothing. Dr. Rosas did a revision surgery in September 2016 and I am 100% satisfied with the results.
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

I cannot even fully put into words how happy I am with Dr. Rosas. Of all the doctors I've seen in my lifetime, he is by far my favorite. I always felt comfortable and never rushed, judged, or spoken down to. Any questions I had, no matter how minor or seemingly obvious, he always took the time to fully explain in terms I could understand. I could tell that he genuinely cares about his patients, and people in general. Whenever I had interactions with other doctors and medical staff at the hospital, if Dr. Rosas' name came up, they only had good things to say about him. His bedside manner is superior to any doctor I've seen. Going through breast cancer, I went through many ups and downs. Even at my lowest and most painful times, Dr. Rosas would bring a smile to my face and many times even laughter. All of his staff also always made me feel 100% comfortable as well. They always greeted me by name when I walked into the office. They are always helpful and polite over the phone and in person. I have had minimal, if any, dealings with my insurance company, as they handled everything for me. I will actually miss going to the office when I am completely done.