Young Looking 50 Year Old with Lifelong Double Chin... - Fall River, MA

I've had a double chin for as long as I can...

I've had a double chin for as long as I can remember. I am a well proportioned "curvy" woman and have always felt self conscious about the double chin. So much so that I had Ultherapy done a couple of years ago. The reviews and consult was deceiving as it conveyed the message that the procedure would tighten the area to the point of getting rid of the double chin. And what a waste of money that was because the problem was not skin laxity under my chin, it was accumulated fat. I don't remember how I found out about Kybella but I have been researching it for weeks, reading and viewing the pics here and even went in for a consult to the same place where I had the Ultherapy. You would think they'd give me a discount after telling them about the Ultherapy fail but they didn't. So I continued to research reviews and places until I found a place I was comfortable with and that I could afford.

I had the procedure done yesterday, 9/19/16. They used 2 vials and injected I think 20+ times. And I know now not to go by other people's experience in terms of how I will feel or react. The doctor's PA administered Kybella and although she iced the area prior to injecting and tried her best to make me feel comfortable, the burning sensation from the injections was intense. The sting from the needles was not bad but the pain and burning was local to some of the injections. I also took Arnica and Benadryl the night before so I don't know why the burning was so intense. Immediately after I started to ice the area again and that helped subside some of the burning.

I took Arnica and iced again when I got home. I'm on the second day now and I have very little bruising although I have the bullfrog effect. I was informed by the PA the horrible swelling is caused by the fluid injected in the area. So I am continuing to take the Arnica pellets and will be drinking a lot of water during the week to help speed the healing and flushing process (I hope).

I will try my best to update on my progress.

3rd day after Kybella

The swelling has gone down a little and I only have a tiny bruise. There is something strange happening though, and that is that the area right below the swollen jaw is very itchy. I think it may be caused by the swelling that is going down. Whatever it is, I didn't expect it. All the pain is gone and all I feel is numb and hard to the touch. There is also the expected jiggly effect going on.

Day 5

Not much difference from day 3 and the itch in the area has been persistent. I've had to take Benadryl.
Christina, PA-C