Facelift and Endoscopic Brow Lift - 60 Years Old

I have like most other thought about having this...

I have like most other thought about having this procedure done for several years. I was half joking, half serious when I would say I am going to wait until I am 60 and then I am going to have a facelift thinking that by waiting until then I will only need to do it once. Well here I am 60 and it is time to put my money where my mouth is. I have done countless hours of research for both of the procedures, read hundreds of reviews and it is now go time. My surgery is booked for Sept 21, 2016, two days away and I still can hardly believe that I am actually doing this, it still seems a little unreal. I live 100 miles away from the clinic that will be performing the surgery so my husband and I will go to a hotel close by the night before my surgery and plan to stay the following night after my surgery as the Dr. wants to see me the following morning. I will add pictures as I go for those who are interested in following my progress including my before and after results.

One Day To Go Time

Well tomorrow is the big day, feeling a little anxious but not too bad. Will be glad to be on the other side of tomorrow. Wish me Luck!

Day 1 & 2

Well everything went fine. 4 1/2 hour surgery that included a facelift, browlift and fat transfers. Woke up feeling a little sore under the chin and a slight headache across the forehead other than that pretty good. 2 hours later I was released and at our hotel that was just 10 minutes away. Still no real pain but could not sleep, I thought I would sleep the day away. I had a greek yogurt, a meal replacement drink and a banana and took one pain pill at 11 pm hoping it was help me sleep but only managed to sleep about 3 hours, not sure why really. Next morning feeling pretty good and was back to see the Dr. before our 100 mile drive home. I don't think my body appreciated the drive home as I became nauseous and was that way for several hours. I finally got some gravel and I was then fine. Took an over the counter sleep aid and a Tylenol before bed about 10pm and slept until 5 am. I find it so hard to sleep on my back propped up with pillows however it is necessary if you want to keep the swelling to a minimum. I was told not to ice in case of ice burn to the skin. Also I am to take two showers a day including washing my hair. I am to wear the elastic tensor bandage day and night along with compression socks. That's it for now will keep you posted.

Day 1 & 2

Days 3-6

Had an appt. today, day 6, to have some of the stitches removes and everything is progressing as it should. No more tensor bandage, still two showers a day shampooing hair with baby shampoo. I am to start massaging to break up the scar tissue which feels pretty hard. 3 x per day for 5 minutes each time. I was told I didn't need to sleep propped up that I could lie flat. I tried that last night, still did not help me sleep and had more swelling this morning. A little bit of soreness over the last few day but nothing to really complain about. I take a Tylenol at night and took a couple through the day up to day 3. Lots of swelling, probably less bruising than lots, considering all the procedures. Full facelift, neck, fat transfers and endoscopic brow lift. Still looking and feeling like an alien although I am told it will soften considerably. The hardest part of it all has been sleeping. I get very little sleep each night 3-4 hours of very interrupted sleep. The days are very long for this reason, I just can't stay sleeping on my back. I will be so glad to be able to sleep on my side again. I have been eating well, avoiding salt almost completely, getting lots of fruits, yogurt, protein etc. Friday I go back to the Dr. to have the staples removed and new routines to start. I know I would be feeling a lot better if I didn't of all things come down with a cold, on day 5, generously shared by my husband. Needless to say I am feeling very sluggish and just generally crappy. Better days ahead they say.

Days 3-6

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

I have only seen the Dr. once but have done lots of research on the Dr. and his clinic and feel I have chosen wisely. He performs a facelift procedure approx. once per week and feel confident that his experience with this procedure will give me the results that I am looking for.