Going for Lip Reduction After Fat Transfer Many Years Ago - Plano, TX

Ok, I've committed to lip reduction surgery on...

Ok, I've committed to lip reduction surgery on upper and lower lips. I feel confident in the surgeon I have chosen, but am still nervous about the recovery. Anyone who has been there and can give me any tips or words of wisdom? The reviews here are so helpful and I plan to add photos and a description of my recovery as well.

Made it through surgery and back home :)

Everything went smoothly getting to Dallas thanks to Dr Lam's excellent assistant Constanze. She gave me all the hotel info, the car service they recommend, pre and post op instructions etc. Arrived in Dallas around 11:20, had consultation at 1:30, and the lip reduction at 2:30. Dr Lam does this procedure routinely and speaking with him made me feel very confident in going ahead with it.

Best part about the surgery is the surprising lack of pain. Even the numbing injections were nothing like at the dentist. I was a little nervous and they offered a Xanax and I was glad I took it. Just made it easier to sit still while the procedure was being done. Dr Lam works quickly, it was over before I knew it.

Two days post now, and lips are swollen, as I was warned they would be. Still no pain, just some tenderness. It is a little hard to drink without dribbling at the moment because my lips feel stiff.

A few more photos

day 5 post op, on the upswing!

Well I'm slowly feeling more normal. My swelling was the worst on day 3 after surgery. Now on day 5 the swelling is noticeably down, so I'm very happy about that. My incisions feel tight and sting a little, but I have no pain to speak of. Still eating soft food for a few more days.

One month post op.

Very glad I finally got this done.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon