10 Years After Stretching Earlobes - Finally Getting Them Fixed! - Plano, TX

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Made an appointment a few months ago for just a...

Made an appointment a few months ago for just a consultation and it was finally the day! Got to the office a little early and was so excited. Was checked into a room where they brought me a binder with many before and after photos of ear surgeries. Not to long after Dr. Friedman was in the room teaching me about the two different approaches he could possibly use and answered all my questions. I then spoke with billing and got an estimate - I told them I would just pay the balance in full today and schedule a date - I was a little disappointed that I would have to wait until mid-October to be able to complete this in office procedure. The billing woman then said hold on a second...could you do it this afternoon? Of course I could - I was so excited and anxious to get it done and over with!!

I went and ran some errands, saw a movie with the boyfriend and then I was back in the office on the table not even four hours later with laughing gas on ready to have brand new ears!

I was not even really aware when he did the numbing injections, but after he was done with that the gas was taken off and I was fully awake - but my ears were numb. The only strange part of the procedure was I could hear all of the cutting and stitching. After he was finished he also repierced my ears for no charge with some studs I brought in.

The drive home was good as I was still very numb. However once I got home and took Tylenol and ice packs as ordered in my discharge instructions I was hurting a good bit and could not get comfortable. The first night was very hard to sleep and my ears are burning and stinging a lot even the first morning after. I kind of wish I was able to have gotten even a small dose of prescription pain medication to maybe last a day or two.

I have an appointment in two weeks for my stitches to be removed! Can't wait to see the final result and be able to wear cute little earrings again!

Post Op Day #3

A little uncomfortable while trying to sleep - but not bad. Ready for the stitches to come out! Cleaning twice a day with hydrogen peroxide and playing bacitracin ointment. Very itchy.

Stitches are out!

Had my stitches removed three days ago; ears are much less tender with them gone! Started applying scar gel (Recedo) twice a day. No issues. Everything seems to be healing well.

Little Update...

Was cleaning my ears and applying scar cream. I took the back off one of my earrings so I could clean everything well - my earring fell out so I quickly put in a new set. I think it will be better to have a smaller stud in for healing and comfort.

I am still having some on and off swelling and irritation/pain (like taking shirt on and off, sleeping on ear accidentally) but it is much better than a few weeks ago.


Seven Months Post Op


Improvement. Hardly can see the scar.

Very personable. Great bedside manner. You can tell he knows his stuff!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
4 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful