61 Year Old Needing a Fresh Look. - Thailand

Day 4

Surgery on Sunday 19/10/14 at Bangkok Phuket Hospital and could not fault the whole procedure. Hospital was clean well organised and Dr. Piyapas very professional. Neck, lower/mid face lift and under eye correction was performed

Day 5 and starting to get an idea how neck will look. Wearing neck band as much as possible but difficult to sleep. Saw Dr. Piyapas yesterday and he was happy with progress. Sutures under eye irritating and feel like they are pulling upper outer corners of eyes. Hope when sutures removed this will release the upper eye. So far I would have to say although uncomfortable there has been minimal pain, only requiring paracetamol a couple of times a day. May problem for me has been sleeping and glad I bought a V pillow with me. Sutures out next Monday if all ok.

Sutures 8 day post op

Day 8 and sutures out under eye...remaining sutures are all dissolvable. Swelling starting to subside but still a bit lumpy under the chin area. Corner of eyes especially left eye has raised areas where stitches were which I am hoping is only swelling and gently massaging. Will see doctor in one week so will follow up then.
Sleeping on side with minimal discomfort.
Overall surprised how well I have recovered and so far happy with result. Can start to wear makeup I have been told so that will be a positive as feel quite naked with out it...

Day 11

So surprised that I have had such little bruising. Swelling and numbness remain and suture lines along the ears and behind healing well. Main concern has been the out eyes which appear to be pulling Dow. Will discuss this with surgeon next week. Neck still has a lumpy ridge but from what I have read on this site this could last several weeks. No regrets to date.

Day 15

Saw Dr today and discussed concerns about the pulling of outer eyes. He said unfortunatley when we correct one area it can extenuate another. He didn't think I needed a brow lift or upper eye correction pre op but admits that I now need a brow lift to correct the pulling. He said I don't have a lot of skin on the upper eye crease and therefore wouldn't recommend this procedure.
Have decided to go ahead with brow lift while still here in Thailand as not due to fly back for another 3 weeks.
Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had this procedure. Extra cost of 330.000bht ie about $A4000 at current rate and includes 1 night in hospital.
My recovery for neck, vasosuction and mid facelift with under eye correction has been good so hope this surgery and post op period goes just as well.

Day 17

After debating with myself shoul I or should I not have brow lift which was booked today I have cancelled as just not emotionally ready for another surgery on my face. Have healed well todate with obviously still swelling and numbness. Still not happy with outer eye area but don't feel this was the doctors fault. He did not want or feel I needed the brow lift pre op. Have decided to return to Australia wait a few months, and if needed research costs at home and overseas.
Will try Botox first to see if this slightly lifts brow and corner of eye, even though temporary but far less invasive.

Still improving

Outer eyes improving with less drag than was there initially and will be trying some Botox around 'crows feet' and forehead as opposed to further surgery as recommended by surgeon.

Still numbness and tingling

As they say "time heals" and following this type of surgery healing is so individual. I was lucky and had minimal bruising and no pain but 8 weeks post op all looks fine, but I still have numbness in front of ears and soreness (not pain) along cheek bones and tingling and burning between upper ears and outer eye area. I assume this is the nerves regenerating.
I have also noticed some sutures coming through although supposedly dissolvable. Still using heat packs which I don't know if doing any good but feels good and comfortable. Had botox 1 week ago above eyebrow area and outer eyes which is a little too early to see much difference but definitely some improvement.
Would I do it again??? Definitely.
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

As a registered nurse and working with many doctors over the last 40 years Dr. Piyapas can not be faulted in my pre op, surgery and post op care to date. He was charming, professional, honest about potential risks but also confident. He answered all my questions in a reassuring manner. On day of surgery he was again reassuring and held my hand as the anaesthetic was admitted. He was there first thing in the morning to check up on how I was and follow up appointments have been well planned, organised and on time. I would have no concerns about recommending Dr. Piyapas and for that matter the Bangkok Phuket Institute of Cosmetic Surgery Unit. Unknown to me my BP was high and I was sent for a stress test with a follow up appointment with a cardiologist prior to my surgery. With medication given the day before it come down but it remained a small concern after surgery. I was again seen by the cardiologist, given enough medication until I return home with a full report for my own doctor. At my appointment today my BP is back to normal on the current medication...a problem I was not aware of before travelling to Thailand.