Tummy Tuck & Lipo - Philadelphia, PA

I'm one day post op, so far, it's painful but I'm...

I'm one day post op, so far, it's painful but I'm so happy I did this. I've lost almost 90 lbs and had three babies. PS took off three lbs of skin! I had muscle repair too and that really makes it painful, but only when I'm trying to stand up or sit down. Notbibg terrible while laying or walking. The raised toilet seat I bought is a life saver!

Day Two- getting better

Pain is less-yay! Later today I will take off the dressing and take a shower. I can't wait! My drains are collecting much. Not sure if that's a good thing or I'm not doing something right with them.

Day Four - Keeps getting better

I'm able to get out of bed basically on my own now, although need help when I first wake up. My drains are collecting less than 20 ml each time. In fact, I only had to drain them once yesterday.

Took a shower and it felt great. Standing for too long really hurts my back though

My follow up appointment is tomorrow with my PS and I can't wait to see him!

One Drain Out!

Six days out and my PS took one drain out. I'll need the other one until at least next week. It feels good to have one out but it was slightly painful. My back has been hurting if I stand for too much s o I try and lay down as much as possible.

One Week Post Op! Better than expected

Although I'm feeling better than I ever expected, I'm getting tired of the compression garment already. I just want to not feel like a stuffed sausage anymore! I'm starting to worry the one drain site is rubbing against the garment and starting to turn red. I keep adjusting it off of the site. I weaned off the prescription pain killers and am just on motrin now. It's not so bad!

I think my active lifestyle before surgery has really helped with recovery. I worked out 6x/week lifting weights and doing cardio. Hoping recovery continues to go well!

Irritated drain site

I was a bit too confident with how well my drains were doing. I would let then hang down-they didn't hurt when I did that. Well, the one drain I have left is starting to get tender. Any time something rubbed against it, it hurt. I was worried about infection. I snapped a pic and sent to my PS. He assured me it's just irritated and to keep the compression garment off of it. He said he'll take it out on Tuesday at my next check up.
Dr. Justin Fox

Penn medicine resident clinic. Amazing! I trusted the doctor immediately. Every person I encountered at Penn was so helpful. Fantastic facility!