38H to 38C~Surgery Date 5/30/12 Life Changing! ~Southwest Pennsylvania~

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am a 35 year old wife and mother of two great...

I am a 35 year old wife and mother of two great kids. I have had large breasts since puberty...I was a large C cup by the time I was 16 years old. After 2 pregnancies..and my weight going up and down through out the years my breasts are now at a 38E. I am 5'7, and am currently 200 lbs. Ive always been a "voluptuous" girl..I feel most comfortable at a size 12-14. Recently I really got on track about losing some weight. Started eating right, even joined the gym for the first time in my life. I fell in love with Zumba! It was only then that my breasts "were in the way".

All these years I always said that I would much rather get a tummy tuck than a breast reduction. Then one day..my mind changed. I started doing some research on it, and found out that my insurance would possibly pay for it!

I think I'm starting to have the normal...

I think I'm starting to have the normal panic/nervous/excited feelings that everyone goes through prior to surgery. Will they be to small, will the scars be bad, will my nipples be even? But then I think about all the cute bras and shirts, and bathing suits I will finally be able to buy. Tube Tops, spaghetti strap dresses!! I could go on and on. Recently while looking at our recent vacation pictures, I couldn't help but realize how much "bigger" my boobs make me look. I'm not a tiny girl by any means...a size 14..but they make the top part of my body look at least 2-3 sizes larger than I am. Does this make sense? But then I also wonder...will my new set of boobs make my bottom half look larger? I know this is normal to have all these things swirling around in my head..right?

My mom, who lives in California will be coming to stay during my recovery. Im thankful for that. Iv'e explained to my kids (ages 13 and 10) what I'm doing..and they are both so scared for me. Bless their hearts! But my husband and I have both reassured them. They know how much happier Mom will be afterwards.

So, now the waiting game. My surgeons office told me to expect my packet in the mail within 2 weeks. Im also starting to compile a list of things I will need during my recovery. I plan to go back to work 11 days post op..hoping it will be enough time.

Doing lots and lots of research..I guess my...

Doing lots and lots of research..I guess my correct "size" I currently am is a 38F. Yikes!

I went to my usual Zumba class last night. I...

I went to my usual Zumba class last night. I recently joined a new class at my gym...that has the wall size mirror at the front of the class. OH BOY...I never realized what the girls look like when Im jumping around. :/ I was embarrassed...even though everyone else in the class was focusing on the instructor and not my ginormous boobs. Everyday that goes by, I find something else that Ill be thankful for after my surgery. Like the girls not causing a disturbance in my Zumba class..and not having to wear 5 layers on top to go to the gym.

I received my packet in the mail today. Ill be...

I received my packet in the mail today. Ill be going in to get my lab work done next Saturday. Its overwhelming at times with all the information and pictures online. Ive been having to limit myself lately. The hubby and I watched an actual surgery on youtube. I read my first negative review, and started to panic a bit. But I know that there are always going to be negative experiences with everything in life. Kind of wishing my surgery was sooner, I want to get this over with. I guess the thing Im worrying about most right now is how my nipples/arieolas are going to look after. Ive looked at hundreds of before and after..and when the nipples are resized, they MOST of them look "fake"..almost "drawn" on.

On another note. I dont know if its a coincidence..but ever since my journey started, I have noticed DAILY the pain in my neck/shoulders/back. Its sad that I have lived with the pain for so many years. I cant imagine living with these boobs for the rest of my life, like my poor grandmother has.

I received my "packet" in the mail last week. A...

I received my "packet" in the mail last week. A lab sheet, and some signature pages I need to sign and return. I went this morning to get my lab work done. It seems like everyone I tell about my surgery, they know someone else who has had it done too.

After reading SO many reviews..Im starting to...

After reading SO many reviews..Im starting to worry. It just seems like everything is going too easy for me. I dont know what to expect next. Im going to email my contact at my PS's office. I went for my consult, a week later I scheduled the surgery, Ive done my lab work...and thats it. Do I just show up on the 30th..ready to go?

Still going back and forth about "if" I should have this surgery. The mind will play tricks with you if you let it. My hubby is probably OVER me asking.."should I have the surgery?" lol. Oh well. I know its normal..so its all good.

Ok...so here I am 21 days before my surgery. Ive...

Ok...so here I am 21 days before my surgery. Ive noticed that quite a few of you ladies went to a pre-op appointment. I havent heard from my PS's office..except for via email. I have already sent back my signed paperwork and had my lab work done. So I emailed the lady Ive been corresponding with...

I sent back the paperwork I received in the mail, as well as got my lab work done last week. Where do I go from here? Is there any pre-op appointment? Or do I just show up on the 30th? Very anxious and nervous at this point because I have not received any direction.

Thank you,

She replied:


SO...I dont really feel like I need a pre-op..just feeling like they have "forgotten" about me. LOL

15 days to go...and I started REALLY questioning...

15 days to go...and I started REALLY questioning my decision yesterday because of the following reasons:

1. I feel like I'm being selfish for having this done. I dont have as much "PAID" time off of work..and even with the STD that I am applying for..its going to be a really tight month for my family.
2. My mom was supposed to come for a couple of weeks to help me..but is unable to now.
3. I keep asking myself if I "really" need this surgery.
4. I have been working really hard at losing some weight..its SLOWLY coming off..but the fact that I wont be able to go to the gym for at least 4 weeks has me worried..will all this hard work just go to waste?

Thank God for my husband. He reassures me about all of the above every time I tell him how I'm feeling. Just wish the 30th will get here already..Im so over the roller coaster of emotions.

Awesome news...I contacted my insurance company to...

Awesome news...I contacted my insurance company to ask why my PS office is charging me $250. They contacted my surgeons office, and apparently they misread my benefits!! SO I will be paying NOTHING for my BR! $250 may not seem like a lot to some people..but with the amount of work I will be missing after my surgery this is a GOD SEND. :) I'm going to try to get a small list of things that I will need after. I've seen a lot of lists on this site...just wondering what were the items you couldn't LIVE WITHOUT after your surgery?

7 days to go! Still feeling the normal anxieties....

7 days to go! Still feeling the normal anxieties. I emailed my surgeon's nurse this morning asking what I will need to buy for my recovery. She told me about a front opening sports bra she recommends..but that was it. I told her that I had been online..and some women have "laundry lists" of items they purchase. She told me to STOP going online..that most of it is false information! lol She explained to me that I will have all internal stitches, so I can stop worrying about having stitches removed. I WILL have drains that I will need to drain myself until my post op appointment..1 week after surgery date. Some great news..my mother in law will be flying in from Las Vegas..all the way to PA to help for 2 weeks. I have a busy household with a 10 year old and 13 year old..so I will definitely need the help. Can you believe that Im still asking myself if I REALLY want to do this still. I went to Zumba last night..and realized how restricted I am from really getting the work out I want. I keep reminding myself of that when Im doubting this surgery.

Just received my pre-op phone call. I was eagerly...

Just received my pre-op phone call. I was eagerly awaiting this call..because I have not known until now what time my surgery is. So, I will need to be there at 930am on the 30th. She also said:
1. No eating or drinking after midnight
2. Take Zantac/Pepcid or something similiar the night before.
3. I can shower before I come, but no deoderant, makeup, lotion, etc..
4. wear loose fitting clothing, zip up/button up shirt, slip on shoes

She said that pre-op preparation is 1 1/2 hours, surgery is expected to run between 2-3 hours, and recovery is around 2 hours.

I havent bought ANYTHING yet. Its going to be a very busy weekend.

Tick Tock....

1 day to go!! oh my goodness ladies..Im slightly...

1 day to go!! oh my goodness ladies..Im slightly freaking out at this point..but staying calm if that makes any sense. I am SO thankful I had a three day weekend..to get me ready for tomorrow! I spent the entire day yesterday cleaning, doing laundry, organizing etc. I got everything done that I wanted to. Today the hubby went with me grocery shopping..and we got enough food to last us a month! There are still a few items I need..but hubby will get that for me tomorrow. Cant believe this is really happening. Pray for me.

I'm alive! I got home about 30 minutes ago. Still...

I'm alive! I got home about 30 minutes ago. Still pretty groggy and feeling some discomfort..but definitely lighter. I will post my full experience soon. Thank you SO much for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Day of Surgery 5/30: Hubby and I got up early, got...

Day of Surgery 5/30: Hubby and I got up early, got the kids to school..and left for the surgery center which is about 45 minutes away. We got there at 915am. I checked in, and was told that he would not be able to go up with me while they prep me. Thats when I started to panic a little..even going as far as asking him if I was making the right decision! lol I cried a little on his shoulder, he reassured me once again. At 930am a nurse came down and called for me. I started crying again..said my goodbyes and gave him a kiss and followed the nurse to the elevator. She could tell I had been crying and was so sweet about the whole thing. When we arrived at the top floor (the attic!) I met another nurse who would be responsible for getting me prepped. She had me remove all of my clothes except for my panties..and put on a gown, slippers and a cap. I came out into this small area with a recliner which she had me sit it. She gave me a couple of blankets to lay over me. She asked me the normal questions..allergies, when I had ate last etc. Made small talk..inserted my IV. Then the doctor came in and drew his lines..this only took about 5 minutes. Last thing I said to him was "Please remember Id like to be a fuller D than a smaller D.." at which he replied "Of course" :) So then I went back to my recliner, with my warm blankets. About 15 minutes after that the Anesthesiologist came in. Asked the same questions I had answered already. She was very nice, made me feel at ease. Then another nurse came in..they discussed my chart, then said it was time to go into the operating room. I could feel my tears start to fall again. I walked into the room...they had me lie down on the table, and instructed me to lay my arms out to be strapped in. The Anesthesiologist could see my tears streaming down, she went and got a tissue and wiped them for me. She was so sweet, and consoled me. Asked me to think of something that I love to do..I chose laying on a beautiful beach...she told me to dream about that in lala land. And that is the last thing I remember. I woke up in recovery...very groggy..going in and out of it. When I had checked in they told me that my husband would not be allowed into the recovery area..that they would call him when it was time to bring the car around. Well..when the doctor had called my husband to tell him how I did and that I was finished..my hubby asked if he could please see me. So they made an exception. So shortly after I woke up I saw his wonderful face..which made me feel so good. I was in recovery for about and hour and a half. The nurse helped me change into my clothes, I used the bathroom..and then was escorted to my car. The ride home wasnt that bad..I was still so groggy from the drugs that I napped half of the time. Pain wasnt to bad..just a lot of discomfort and tightness. ALOT. As all PS's are different mine puts drains in..BINDS me in tape..then puts a surgical bra OVER that. Im not to remove any of it..until I go in on the 6th at which time they will remove it all. Soooo..I wont know what the girls look like until then. No shower etc. First night of sleeping wasnt too bad. Hubby and I picked which couch we wanted..he was so sweet to want to be near me if I should need anything. I basicly would go to sleep for an hour, wake up for an hour, sleep for an hour etc. Im eating and drinking ALOT of water. Now it is DAY TWO: drains have been draining normally I would say. Hubby is draining them every few hours. I guess my biggest complaint at this point is how horribly TIGHT I am binded. I am sure that the swelling is not helping either. MY skin on top of my breast..like my cleavage area is so tight and hard. So..needless to say Ive been taking my pain meds EVERY four hours for some relief. One of the nurses called me today to check on me..I explained my complaint about the tightness and she said that the Dr. binds tightly..so her way of saying its normal. I made some ice packs to lay on my cleavage area and that helped a little. HOPING and PRAYING this tightness lets up soon.

Thank you to everyone for all your support..this site is a GOD SEND. I will post pictures when I am able to get the drains out on the 6th.

OH! First thing hubby said when he saw me..is it looked like I had lost 20 lbs! :)

7 days Post Op: My first post op appointment was...

7 days Post Op: My first post op appointment was today. I have been squeezed for seven days in the "torture" bra..with drains..no shower..so lets just say I was more than excited for this appointment today. I had no idea up until today what my boobs looked like! My surgeons nurse was who I saw today. She took off the surgical bra..which was such an amazing relief..then slowly removed all the gauze and tape I had which were holding my boobs in place. Once that was all off I looked down, and I couldnt believe the cute little boobies I was looking at! They are wonderful!! She then cut the stitch on each side that was holding in the drains..and with one deep breath she removed each of those. Its amazing how much of the drain is actually inside of you..I would say a good foot! I She also removed and reapplied the steri-strips that are around my nipples. She gave me extra just in case it comes off in the shower. I have to admit that I stupidly went to this appointment without eating..so I came very close to passing out after she removed the drains. After I laid down for a few minutes..I sat back up. She got the sports bra I had purchased and helped me put it on. What an wonderful, life changing moment it was to wear a normal sized sports and bra and look so good in it! She gave me a list of restrictions that I will have for 5 more weeks. My next appointment with my surgeon is next week. She checked my file and said that he took 690 grams from my right side, and 645 from my left. Definitely feeling better today out of all the days. I will admit that the first 3-4 days were horrible. Like Ive said before..I think the amount of binding I had hurt more than the actual wounds I had! Hubby took me to get a few new tank tops after my appointmet..HOW FUN it is to shop now! Cant wait to go back for more..especially cute bras and bathing suits!!

10 Days Post Op~ I ventured out yesterday with my...

10 Days Post Op~ I ventured out yesterday with my family, my mother in law is here visiting and we wanted to show her an Amish Community. Its something that we still love to see, being from the west coast and all. Ive been feeling better and better each day, but after 3 hours of walking around..my boobies were not very happy. I could feel them swelling, and they became very hard. As soon as I got home I laid down, took some Tylenol and went to sleep. This morning the boobs were back to "normal". One thing I am a little worried about is on my right side..there is a slight "lump"...kind of feels like a little water balloon. Its barely noticeable..I can feel it more than I can see it if that makes sense. Im not too worried about it..as I know that the swelling can be uneven at times. My next doctor appointment is on Tuesday..so I will ask my PS then. My first shower was 2 days ago...at 8 days post op. My hubby took a shower with me, because I was scared..didnt know what to expect. It went alot better than I expected. He washed my hair and body...I kept my back to the water..and just let the water run down the boobs. It felt SO good to have an actual shower! I also went out and bought a couple more sports bras. The only ones Ive been using are the Fruit of the Loom front closures. And they have been working perfect! I took my PS recommendation, got one size up than I was getting..so a 40 and they fit so good. VERY comfy. I know there are some ladies on here that bought the more expensive bras..but these are working great for me. Im glad that I didnt go buy alot of the things that I thought I would need. Everyone is different I guess. I didnt need any gauze, polysporin etc..the drains took care of that problem I think. I did buy some Mirolax...that with two heaping bowls of Raisen Bran did the trick by day 5...I never had any discomfort though. I must say...that I am in love with my boobs. I couldnt help but to send my post op pic to a few friends..its kind of like women who have new breast implants..they want to show EVERYONE! I have been in the ladies room on NUMEROUS times...when perfect strangers lift their shirt to show the new boobs to anyone who will look! lol I also weighed myself today...I am 193!! Which makes me down 22 lbs! Im so excited! A big highlight for me was when I bought size Large SPAGHETTI strap tank tops the other day..and they fit PERFECTLY! Its the small things I guess..but for me its such an amazing feeling!

Post Op 12 days~ Okay ladies...the swelling/water...

Post Op 12 days~ Okay ladies...the swelling/water balloon feeling I was having in my right breast has got a little worse, and has even started a LITTLE in the left one. It literally feels like a water balloon is inside there. Its tight and uncomfortable. So I called my surgeons nurse...she basically said that even though I had drains in 7 days..that fluid has built up in there. Ugh! I go in tomorrow for my appointment. I asked her how they would remove it. I was so worried that he would put the drains back in. She said that they take a syringe and suck it out..through an incision! She said that my tissue is still very numb and that I wont feel anything. I asked if I would have to keep coming back to get drained..and she said sometimes yes sometimes no..just depends on what my body wants to do. So....im a little frustrated..but it could always be worse right? Wondering if any of you ladies had this problem?

13 days Post Op~ Its been a long day. My 10 year...

13 days Post Op~ Its been a long day. My 10 year old daughter had her tonsils out this morning. We just barely got home after leaving at 530am. She is doing awesome...cozy on the couch, sipping water and feeling content. :)

Okay..so my surgeons office got me in yesterday..I ended up calling them IN TEARS..and they squeezed me in. Since my PS was in surgery all day..I had to wait about 45 mins to see him. I was so anxious about the aspiration/draining..but I DIDNT NEED IT!! Thank God! He said that its mainly just swelling..and if there is any fluid in there it will absorb naturally with time. He told me take it easy..literally dont do anything for the next few days..use some ice packs..and he refilled my pain meds. SOOO..even though today was emotionally draining..it was an "okay" day for pain. OH! Another thing..I was using just regular Tylonal for pain..he told me to start using Motrin..and what a difference it made! He also removed the tape from underneath my right side..and boy was that uncomfortable. He left the left side alone..and said it will come of in the shower. I will post new pics soon :) The girls are still looking very good!

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and concerns..I appreciate it very much! :)

Ladies...good sale at LaneBryant.com. Buy 2 bras,...

Ladies...good sale at LaneBryant.com. Buy 2 bras, get 2 bras free! Its probably too early to buy bras..but they have sports bras as well. :) Happy Shopping!

3 weeks Post Op-I went yesterday for my 3 week...

3 weeks Post Op-I went yesterday for my 3 week check up, and to get my work release for today. I STILL had the tape on my incisions and the steri strips around my nipples...so I decided instead of being traumatized like I was when he took the tape off from underneath my right breast I would do it myself. While in the shower, I really lathered up both breasts, and held them under the water to get the tape as wet as I could. I got out and patted dry..and just started peeling it off...centimeter by centimeter. lol. I took me about 20 minutes..but I did it..and what a relief to have it all off. I must say it wasnt too bad. I have one problem area underneath my left breast..where the tape literally ripped off layers of skin...which has caused a little clear/yellowish oozing. So Ive been applying neosporin to that area and putting a small piece of gauze so it wont stick to my bra.

My appointment went well..he felt both breasts..said that the "hard" spots I have will be gone soon..and that the ridges/hardness at my incisions is caused by swelling..so they will flatten out soon as well. He said that Im doing the right thing with my problem from the tape as well. He gave me a work release, and said I didnt have to see him for another month!

My first day back to work is today, it was time for me to go back! I was going a little stir crazy. :) My bras that I ordered from Lane Bryant should be here today..Im pretty excited..and PRAY that they fit. Shopping for clothes have been amazing..I can fit into Med and Large now..even in the Juniors section!!! Holy Cow..its more than that I ever could have hoped for. Life Changing. xoxo

Will post new pics tonight!

Day 22~Work went pretty well yesterday. I made...

Day 22~Work went pretty well yesterday. I made sure to eat healthy snacks..and drink lots of water to keep my energy up. I made it through till about 4 oclock then I started feeling drained. But for the most part it went very smoothly. When I got home yesterday and changed my clothes..I noticed that I had some oozing in a couple of areas that I hadnt before. But my tape has been removed for only 2 days. So, I washed my incisions with a cotton swab/antibacterial soap, and applied aquafor afterwards. I noticed that since Ive removed the tape, it feels like my skin around the incisions is really dry..so much that its uncomfortable. The aquafor is amazing stuff. My son has severe eczema and its the only thing that helps it.

On another note, Im kinda bummed about my bras that came yesterday. I should have known better than ordering bras so early..and online on top of that. The cup size was too big! :( I ordered 40D. But there is no way Im a C cup. I even had my hubby measure me last night..and Im measuring a D cup! So IDK..Im going to go to my local LB and exchange them..or atleast get my money back until its the right time to be buying bras. I think I jumped the gun on this one..because I was just too excited! Boo

Posted a pic last night of the tapeless wonders. Im suprised that Im still as bruised as I am. I have to keep reminding myself that Im still healing..and that they are still going to change..because Im started to nit pick every "flaw" that I see. But I still love them...LOVE them!

3 weeks 3 Days Post Op~ I found a post op "care"...

3 weeks 3 Days Post Op~ I found a post op "care" sheet that I was given at my 1 week post op appointment. Its everything I CANT do for 6 Weeks.
1. No bending (squat only)
2. No pushing or pulling (vacuuming, shopping cars, heavy doors, anything requiring force behind it)
3. No reaching high
4. Showers only (no baths, swimming pools, hot tubs etc) no vigorous scrubbing of incisions
5. No lifting more than 10 lbs
6. Nothing that elevates the heart rate
7. Can drive as long as not taking narcotics
8. Smoking
9. At 3-4 weeks post op you may start to use lotion of choice (cocoa butter/vitamin E) along healed incision lines that are not draining/oozing. Massage lotion into incision line and into a circular motion twice a day.

So..I have been using the aquafor for a few days..I might switch or ALSO use some Vitamin E oil soon. There is one tiny spot on my left side..at the very top of my "T" at the bottom of my areola that has a scab which is hanging by a thread..but when I try to pull it off..its attached pretty secure to something behind it. Its hard to explain..maybe an internal stitch? There is no redness or drainage anywhere..so its not infected. I decided to leave it alone..and put some neosporin on it. Everything else looks really good.

1 month post op~ Okay..so Ive been dealing with a...

1 month post op~ Okay..so Ive been dealing with a problem spot on my left side along my vertical incision for a few days now. I think an internal stitch is trying to make itself out..which has caused a small opening and scab. Then the skin around this "problem" is red and irritated. I sent a pic to my nurse and she said its probably what I think it is and to just keep in clean and put neosporin on it. UGH. Ive been doing this for going on 5 days now..and the area looks the same. Im super bummed..super depressed about this. My other breast look FABULOUS! I feel like this is such a set back. Just wondering if anyone is dealing with this and how long is this going to last? Is my incision going to have a scar where this is happening??? Help me..Im frustrated. Ill post pics soon.

"Funny Spot" update~1 month 1 day Post Op~After a...

"Funny Spot" update~1 month 1 day Post Op~After a little "googling" last night I learned that what I have going on is "Suture Spitting". Basicly its my body trying to get it out because its a "foreign object". The stitch worked itself through my incision making a hole...I CAN see a stitch coming out. I thought it was breast tissue..but its actually a stitch. I called my PS this morning, and they are fitting me in to see the nurse at 10:15am. I read that the only way the area will start to heal is if the stitch gets snipped. Im praying that this isnt going to cause any negative scarring. :/ I will update after my appointment.

4 Weeks Post Op~ (I just realized I had my days...

4 Weeks Post Op~ (I just realized I had my days wrong..Im 4 weeks post op as of today :) )

So, I woke up this morning, with very little change to said "funny spot". Feeling REALLY frustrated I called my PS, they squeezed me in for 10:15. So..to make a long story short, I missed 4 hours of work, and drove 30 miles each way to have my wonderful PS say "everything looks good, its normal, its just a stitch that made it way out, it will take 2 weeks to heal up..apply neosporin once a day". So, he applied some neosporin, put on a bandaid and I was on my way. He said I can resume low impact workouts, like treadmill, eliptical, swimming..just nothing where Im jumping around. And I will see him in a month.

So, I guess I will just have to wait this out and be patient. Im thankful its not infected. I thought he would have to snip the stitch out, but he said that the stitch already gone. What happens is the stitch is tied in a knot under the skin and the body will sometimes react as if its a foreign object..forcing it out.

Excited to buy a new suit this weekend and go swimming with the family!!

4 Weeks 5 days Post Op: The funny spot is clearing...

4 Weeks 5 days Post Op: The funny spot is clearing up nicely. I laid off the antibacterial soap, and have been applying a very small amount of neosporin once a day. I also bought some Palmers Skin Therapy Oil, and have been applying to all incision areas (with the exception of my funny spot) twice a day..I love how it makes my skin feel! I noticed as Im rubbing the oil on that I can feel various stitches poking through..but none have resulted in the spot I have. So, Im being really careful..and watching them closely.

I went to the pool with my family on Saturday, and girls I swear I heard angels singing from above as I tied on a swimsuit bikini top that I have held on to for years...it fit PERFECTLY. I was able to wear a two piece without feeling the slightest uncomfortable. It was definitely one of the highlights during my recovery thus far.

Although I got the go ahead for the gym..my hubby has decided to join me..and we decided on the 11th for going back and starting together. Im SO excited to get back...and am looking forward to going back to Zumba..although I think it will be a few more weeks for that.

Also..I returned the Lane Bryant bras I purchased. They didnt fit..and instead of exchanging them..and having them size me..I decided its just too early..so Im waiting another month or so before I go bra shopping. I have to admit that I am LOVING the sports bras..I was never able to wear them before...they are beyond comfy.

Next dr appt is 7/24

5 Weeks 2 Days Post Op: Just a quick update....

5 Weeks 2 Days Post Op: Just a quick update. Things are going very well. Still have some very small issues with "spitting stitches"..but none are out of hand. My worst spot..is SLOOOOWLY healing up. For some reason I was very swollen and had a lot of discomfort along my incision line underneath my left side yesterday. I have been wearing my sports bras at all times...even to sleep in. BUT..I decided to pull out one of my "pre surgery" sports bra to wear to bed..and oh my goodness it was SO comfy..and still gave me enough support. I also left the gauze pads off of my little oozy spots to let them "air"..and I saw such a HUGE improvement this morning. So with that said I will be sleeping in my older comfy sports bras from now on..until I feel comfortable enough to sleep without one all together.

My routine: at the end of each day I am wiping both breasts down with an antibacterial wipe, applying neosporin (VERY small amounts) to any oozing spots. Applying Palmers Skin Therapy Oil once a day as well.

Im also posting a updated pic. Sorry its a little blurry..will post better ones very soon.


5 weeks 5 days Post Op: Ugh. So the incision area...

5 weeks 5 days Post Op:
Ugh. So the incision area that was bothering me a couple days ago, broke open in a small spot and has been draining that clear/yellowish fluid ever since. Im in quite a bit of pain, Ive been taking Motrin..which is barely doing anything. Ive been doing the same routine, cleaning the area, applying neosporin, changing the gauze every few hours. Im SO over this. Just when my other spots were really starting to clear up..this happens. So, Im driving the 45 minute drive yet again tomorrow. I called this morning and talked to the nurse, and explained my issues. She said that it is probably another spitting suture, which they will need to take out. UGH!! Hoping thats what it is. I hate driving all the way there for nothing..which I have done two times now.

This is a crummy update..but I just needed to vent. lol
Hope everyone is doing better than me today. :(

5 weeks 6 days Post Op: I saw my PS today, so he...

5 weeks 6 days Post Op:
I saw my PS today, so he could look at my problem area underneath my left breast. I also had him look at two other spots on the same breast..around the areola. He ended up removing a complete knot from one spot, and two single sutures from two other areas. I was relieved he actually DID something..instead of saying.."its normal" and sending me on my way. No infection..which I was relieved about. It hurt like hell when he removed the stitch from my underneath area..but glad to have it gone so that I can start healing already! He said I look awesome, that despite the spitting sutures, Im healing perfectly. So...Ill take that. :) I see him in 2 weeks.

Addding some pics..tried to get some different angles. ;0)


6 weeks 5 days: I finally turned the corner. All...

6 weeks 5 days:
I finally turned the corner. All of my spitting stitches are pretty much closed up. I havent used neosporin/gauze for almost 4 days now!! I did zumba for the first time on Saturday, and it was AMAZING! I have also been feeling "normal"...no discomfort, my energy is back etc. 6 weeks was the golden week for me ladies. FINALLY!!! WIll post pics soon. :)

8 weeks Post Op ***Plus NEW before/after...

8 weeks Post Op ***Plus NEW before/after pics***
My 8 week post op appointment went very well. I had 3 more "spitting stitches" removed....that was the rest of them. Praying I dont get anymore. I also asked him about a small "knot" in my right side...at the top...he said that its scar tissue or fluid..that will go away with time. I dont have to see him for 4 months...and he said that the girls will change quite a bit in this amount of time. I have no restrictions, and I am able to wear whatever type of bra I want. I am still favoring my sports bras right now, maybe Ill change my mind in the future..but for now they are extremely comfy. I went shopping today, and "tried on" a 38D...and the cup was too big. :/ I was kind of discouraged by this...so I decided to try on bras another day. I guess I had a D cup branded in my mind. Should I be let down by this? I know they are going to drop more...right? I think I need to stop focusing on the actual cup, and realize that I AM happy with the outcome...so that should be enough. Im having fun buying shirts still....I bought my first strapless top the other day..and I swear I heard those angels singing when I tried it on. :)

I was able to get all my before and after pics from my PS..so Im going to remove all of my dark/dingy/blurry pics and replace them with the real deal. WOW!! what a difference..huh?

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Overall experience with Dr. Antimarino was great. He made me feel at ease, and reassured me numerous times.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
4 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
4 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
4 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
4 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
4 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful