Needed to Feel More Confident - Pearland, TX

I am 4 days post-op. I feel really tight. Not too...

i am 4 days post-op. I feel really tight. Not too sore; I have folded clothes, hand scrubbed the washing machine, cooked breakfast and lunch, been to Walmart and JC Penny. I took two over the counter tylenols to manage pain. I took one Vicodin before submitting this review. I'm not draining very much, but the drains are very irritating (itchy).

I sneezed and now my navel continues to drain. I have removed the tape covering the incision because it was pulling and causing pain. I rubbed vitamin E on myself and scar.

I'm here in hope of receiving feedback. Please give me some pointers. Thoughts. Ideas.

1st follow up

I met with Dr. Kratschmer today. The 1st part of my visit was a bit rough there was a scheduling snafu, but Amber worked out be issue. She pulled me into her office and allowed my husband and I to express some of our concerns. Amber listened. She was not defensive and it appears she genuinely cared. She really went out of her way to make she I felt attended too. She listened to my husbands complaints. In the end, I left feeling more like a person rather than another contract.

As for my visit with Dr. Kratschmer, I had a drain removed. Yeeeeeesssss! He states I am healing just fine that I look good. He answered my questions about bloat, draining, and my navel issues. He even gave me a little bit of Dr. knowledge. I really like the guy. He makes me feel very comfortable.

I feel like I have a better relationship with Amber and I feel confident my office interactions will improve.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I like the doctor. He seemed very knowledgeable, confident, comforting. He was nice. He gave explanation as to what he would be doing and why. His front office staff could use some customer service training. It seems there is no coordination btw he and the Office Director, his wife. I was charged the same price as someone getting the same procedure, who was much heavier and required more skin removal. It appears price based on what they want to receive and not on procedure and actual labor. I don't believe, would have known my appointment time had I not called. I received a crash course explanation regarding home care. They are stingy with providing additional supplies. The PLUS.... They offer interest free financing and you can get the procedure completed as soon as you make your down payment. He doesn't seem to have the capital to provide a self pumping pain aid, extra garment, or supplies. He does use general anesthesia. He is Board Certified. It appears he has been in private practice 5 years, but has much experience with reconstructive surgery. I cannot really rate after care because I have not completed week one.