28 Year Old, No Kids, Stubborn Belly After 30lb Weight Loss - Peabody, MA

I saw Dr Shanthala's reviews on yelp and RealSelf...

I saw Dr Shanthala's reviews on yelp and RealSelf and had a consultation with her. She's very personable and has excellent bed-side manner. She decided on two small treatments for the upper abdomen, 2 small on the lower abdomen, and the flanks as well (6 total treatments) rather than the large applicators because she said she could get a better shape. She was also said I'd likely need a second treatment. When I had the coolsculpting appointment, it didn't hurt nearly as much as I was anticipating at all. The most uncomfortable part was sitting for that long. She also uses the z-wave machine after massage because she said you get better results at no extra charge. She really went out of her way to make sure I was happy the whole time (snacks, water, and thankfully Hulu and Netflix). While it didn't hurt, I was surprised at how much swelling there was. I'm three days post treatment and I'm still numb though the tenderness has diminished somewhat. Swelling has gone down a little bit but I'm getting pins and needles. Nothing too unbearable but very very strange feeling.

6 Days post treatment

Swelling is a little reduced, and it's much less tender than it was. There was a little bruising on the flanks but that went away. I'm still quite numb, but the sensation is slowly coming back (can feel temperature changes, pressure, some touch).

10 days post treatment

Much of the swelling has gone down, mostly on the lower abs. It's much less painful; only hurts when I press my upper abdomen. The skin is still numb though but I think feeling is starting to slowly come back. I noticed a small hard pea sized lump just right of my belly button that's not painful. I'll keep an eye on it; hopefully it goes away.

Dr. Shanthala is wonderful. Very friendly and accommodating. It's also very reassuring getting the cool sculpting done by an MD rather than a technician. It's pricey, but I think you get what you pay for. I'll have to see what the final results are but so far I'm pleased with the treatment I received.