Liposuction: Upper, Lower, Flanks, and Back- Female No Kids - Saint Louis, MO

I'm have been stalking this site since October...

I'm have been stalking this site since October 2015. I considered several doctors in St. Louis and out the city. Dr. Hamel, Complete Laser Clinic of Nebo, NC, his representative never call me back, after 3 email request . Very poor customer service from- Jennifer Dunn. Thomas Surgical- He was very personable, approachable, answered all my questions, Christian, did 2 consultations and never tried to pressure me- only weakness here his staff is not as polished in there paperwork and presentation. I also went to SonoBello. You can't talk to your doctor here until the day of your paid and advance procedure. The young lady who did my consultant was knowledgeable but did immediately try to pressure me into a surgery date. I did like the fact that their doctors have ample experience, averaging 8 procedures a week but I did not like the fact my questions were not being answered my doctor. I went to Parkcrest, I met with Dr. Macklin. I actually met him 15 years ago in general social setting, but this fact alone did not sway my decision to chose him. Dr. Macklin has incredible bed side manners, he is knowledgeable, honest, straightforward....I never once felt like he was out to get paid off of me. His concerns were always centered around my saftey, and the desire for me to achieve the results I wanted and the best results he could truly give me. His staff is kind and professional. His practice also priced matched my quotes (I am not sure if this is a standard policy). Dr. Macklin went above in providing additional procedures at a discount to ensure I received a complete and polished look. I did 2 consultations with him for free and was given business cell to use if I had additional questions once I booked my procedure date. He answered all 9 millions of my questions and concerns with patience, kindness and respect.

Before pictures

I have always been a small frame woman with a pouch. Liposuction was a gift to myself. Although I have a PH.d in holding my tummy in, I wanted to enjoy a sexy flat stomach in my 40's.... And not be skinny fat.

1 day post

Again I received liposuction on my upper, lower, flanks, and back. I was put to sleep unlike most woman and I was very happy about that. I got to the center at 7:30 am . My procedure time was 9 am. It took Dr. Maclin about 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete my procedure. I work up thirsty and requesting ice chips. I felt very nauseous. The car ride home was bad, I road in the back seat laying down. Once home I took my medication and went to bed. The first 4 hours I felt horrible, but after the medication kicked in the pain became tolerant. I was moving slow, but I was able to move around my house. I even went up and down my stairs twice. I did not over do it, but my mom did yell in the back ground. I took my pain medication and muscle relaxer on time. I did bleed through bandage/ belt wrap very lightly. Sleep was difficult, it was very hard to get comfortable. Also after sleep the pain was always worst, I believe my body stiffen. Once I got up and got moving again with medication I felt better. After 24 hours, I was able to take off my waist guard belt and cushion. (My bandages will be taken off my Dr. Maclin in 7 days). Taking a shower in first 24, first peak at bruises and swelling. SURPRISED how little bruising I had, I did have extreme swelling in my groin area, etc. ... See video

1day post

24 hours, taking shower seeing body. VERY PLEASED. Thank you Lord and Dr. Macklin

3 day post

I slept well, all night. Not waking up because of pain or not being able to be comfortable, like before. I got up around 7 am and its currently 10:30 am... I have not taken any medication, i am sore and still very swollen. ..but the pain tolerable. The waist quard belt I am wearing... itches a small amount. I spoke with my nurse and she stated it okay to wear a t-shirt then apply the belt. The belt is irritating BUT it also feels good and you will want the support and protection of your belt.

Post day 4

Still very swollen and sore, but much better everyday. I slept the entire night and took naps throughout the day. I got out the house today. I felt pretty good and had energy. I do not want to wear jeans the next 30 to 60 days to avoid pressure on my tummy... So I was on a mission to get stretch pants and long tops suitable to wear to work. After a hour of standing on my feet, although I used a shopping cart for support I was tired. I was accompanied by my 17 year old nephew for support or any unforeseen emergency. I did drive, but I not take medication that morning. I did go to Walmart afterwards, I know....I was doing too much. BUT I did use the motorized wheelchair chart. I strongly recommend using this device for people who have to shop or are just plan restless. As soon I got home, I took a shower, my medication and went to bed... Slept all night too.

Post day 1

Pictures from day 1

Post day 7

Pictures from day 7, I went to the doctor today and Dr. Maclin stated he was very pleased with my progress. I am to return in 3 weeks. As always he was very kind and answered all my questions and reviewed aftercare procedures with me. In general conversation I complained about a skin tag, I developed a few months ago and within 5 minutes he removed it for me. All around nice guy, personable, professional and damn good at what he does. Will post more pictures in about 7 days.

Pre picture side by side comparison to day 7 post

Still very swollen and puffy but can definitely see the difference. Only 7 days, I still have long way to go but I am very happy. Healing is apart of the journey.

28 days post op

My flanks/waist and back look great. My stomach is still swollen; Smaller then before but still swollen. It's still puffy, but if I hold my stomach in it looks good...lol. I look great in clothes with my waist trainer. For 28 days out, I am pleased enough. Can't wait to see where I am at next month. Will post pictures soon.

5 months update, I love my results

After about 4 months, i love my result ... i look amazing in swimsuit and in my clothes. Only time my tummy isn't flat is around my cycle. I may become bloated.
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Again, I can't say enough good things about him. If you live in the Saint Louis area you have to at minimum get a consultation done. His work, manners and professionalism are truely excellent and will exceed your expectations.