Life Changing Septoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty - Palo Alto, CA

I had a pretty severe nose injury as a child,...

I had a pretty severe nose injury as a child, which ultimately lead to a cartilage infection. Once the infection was detected, I went into surgery immediately but was left with hardly any ability to breath through my nose. Around 13 years of age, I had another surgery to help with the breathing. The surgeon took cartilage from my ear and gave me a better septum, but I was told that I would eventually need to get a revision surgery as an adult. In my mid-twenties, my breathing began to get worse and worse. In addition to sleeping issues and always feeling like I had a cold, my nasal bridge was very low and my nostrils were wide and lopsided. I saw multiple specialists but was ultimately referred to Dr. Most. I feel so grateful to have such an amazing surgeon and his team take my case. Dr. Most is kind, professional, competent and very talented. He took rib cartilage to build up my septum. He also corrected my nostrils. Most importantly, I can breath through my nose! Being able to sleep through the night and not wake up gasping for air has literally changed my life. Don't get me wrong, I like having a symmetrical nose but being able to breath easily made the 4-6 weeks downtime worth it. The rib pain was uncomfortable, but this was almost completely gone by week 5. The tip pf my nose is still a little swollen, but I was told this will decrease gradually for about a year. For me, the hardest part of the surgery was how my body reacts to general anesthesia. Besides that, my experience was wonderful. Dr. Keeler and Amy were also awesome. The staff at Stanford were empathetic yet effective. I would highly recommend Dr. Most and his staff to anyone looking to get quality facial plastic surgery.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon