Mommy Makeover at 30 - My Reason Why - Palm Desert, CA

I am a 30 year old mother of three. I am 5'8 and...

I am a 30 year old mother of three. I am 5'8 and currently weight 135lbs. My children are 9, 6, and 2 years old...all three were born via c-section. With my first pregnancy I gained weight slowly, but my body did not handle even that very well. I started getting stretch marks around 20 weeks and they never stopped. Toward the end of my pregnancy I started retaining water like crazy, it ended up I had HELLP Syndrome and my son was delivered at 39 weeks via emergency c-section. My body never returned to normal shape. My stomach skin was still loose months after his delivery, I had stretch marks from my pubic area up to just below my belly button. I breastfed for 13 months and at some points I was wearing a 36F. My breasts were left sagging (they sagged before too, but not as bad) and my areolas enlarged.I gained 60lbs with my second pregnancy, stretch marks traveled to right above the belly button as well as my inner and outer thighs. Again, breastfed for 13 months and hit 36F for a period of time. My third pregnancy I only gained 30lbs, no increase in stretchmarks this time. Breastfed for 15 months and again wore a 36F.

The scars pregnancy left me with have always made me feel uncomfortable with my body and I had planned at some point to do something about it so that my confidence would be boosted and I could feel like the YOUNG person I was, but I also wanted to wait until I was done having children. Unfortunately life handed me one heck of a curveball when a month before my last child was born, my husband of 10 years walked out. It was an incredibly hard time for us all and due to the emotional strain not only did I lose the baby weight after my daughter was born, I also lost another 30lbs. My body has never had so much hang before in my life!!! As a now single mother surgery was out of the question, so I was left broken-hearted and feeling completely unable to get past the physical changes my body had undergone to be able to move past my current status in life...divorced, single mother to 3, broken and battered.

Fast-forward 2 years...where there is a will there is a way! I started out with a boob fund, thinking if I had to choose one that would be it. Any little extra went into that fund (and in the beginning it was VERY little). Birthday gifts, unexpected money, tax returns, etc. I was on a mission and I was going to make something happen. This year I was pleasantly surprised to find my tax return was larger than expected, it was time to start consulting!! And not only that, I was thinking I may be able to afford the boobs and the tummy tuck as exciting!!!

I went on a few consults and spoke with other women who had also consulted in the area. My hopes were quickly fading away. I thought I had saved the proper amount of money, but it seemed my dreams were just out of reach. Not only did I not have enough for a mommy makeover, I didn't even have enough for the boobs with these doctors! My sister assured me I would find someone and not to give up hope...then someone referred me to Dr. Lombardo. She was exactly what I was looking for. She was kind and warm, she listened to what I wanted and gave her opinions and recommendations. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop...but it never did. She was just above where I sat with my savings but I was able to work it out. I had a surgeon...and a surgery date...and oh my goodness I could not be happier!!!!

I am 7 weeks from surgery and I wanted to share my journey because reading your stories on here has been inspiring to me. So come count down with me. Next month I will go for my pre-op. I am still trying to figure out implant size and researching that as much as I can. I am working up my courage to put up some before pictures for you all, I know how much I appreciate 'seeing' the changes you have undergone. I have gained back 10lbs over the last year, and would like to lose 5 of that before surgery, as of right now my weight is at 135. Here is what I am looking at:

*Full tummy tuck with hip-to-hip incision
*Breast lift with anchor incision (or modified lollipop depending on what she needs to do) and minimizing of areolas
*Silicon breast implant placed above the muscle (still have questions regarding placement though) with a round moderate or round moderate plus implant (another decision to make) in something between 300-400cc

Just under 6 weeks to go now, and here are some...

Just under 6 weeks to go now, and here are some before pictures. It was hard to capture the looseness of my tummy skin, but you can definitely see the loss in my breasts! I am so excited that I get to fix both my breasts and my tummy! I keep thinking how nice it will be not to have to tuck my stomach skin back into my jeans all the time. And to wear cute tops without so many layers to hide my lack of fullness. June cannot come soon enough!!!

So one week and I will be doing my pre-op...

So one week and I will be doing my pre-op appointment, which means that I need to pick a size. I did some more research online and decided to do the rice test to try out a size I was considering. I chose to try 350cc. I tried on the 300cc and 400cc in the office and knew I needed something in between. I have to say, it feels huge on me! But then I took pictures and was shocked at how different that perspective is. So I am thinking I like them! I also took pics of just the sports bra for contrast, such a difference. Makes me even more excited for my surgery day to get here...which is in only 29 more days!!!

Mommy Makeover now -1 :(

So after a very emotional weekend I have come to the decision that I am not going through with all procedures as planned. As much as I would LOVE to have it all done, I am not loving the idea of wiping out my entire saving to do it. The stress and anxiety it was causing me made me reevaluate what I was doing. I am a single mom, my kids are my priority, and financially it just doesn't fit my life right now. So after talking with the office on re-quoting the BL/BA separate from the TT (adding an extra $4500 when both surgeries are done at separate times, gulp!) I have decided that I will go forward with the BL/BA now and hold off on the TT for a future time. So, so sad about this. But in my heart I know I am doing the right thing for me and my family and I need to focus on that. I guess I will no longer be posting here, as I am no longer having a MM. I will still follow your progress though, I love seeing your results and look forward to the time that I can complete my package!

Day 2

Yesterday was my surgery, everything went really well. I was in little pain and the nurse and anesticiologist said the result was beautiful. I woke up pretty swollen today and in a bit more pain but nothing horrible. I slept okay, and in my own bed. I go back to see the dr today to have my dressings removed and see my scars for the first time. Excited!!

Day 2 Picture

Day 2 without bra.

1 week post pics

I thought I would just update my progress. Everything is going well with my recovery. I am back to walking and driving. I over did it yesterday and woke up this morning pretty sore and swollen. I feel great though and I am happy with my boobies :) There are a could things I would tweak given the chance, but the shape and size (once swelling goes down) are exactly what I wanted.

More Pics of Recovery

I have not been updating here so these are from last week. I am doing well, tapes came off last Tuesday. Dr was very impressed with how I am healing :)

20 Days Post

I am now almost 3 weeks post and things continue to go well with my healing. I am more sore lately because I am doing too much, but as a single mom that just becomes a necessity some times. My left breast swells more than my right, I tend to use that arm more often. I have bruising along my incisions still, and on my left breast that bruising is getting darker. I feel pretty good though.

I am starting to get slightly concerned that the implants are dropping too quickly. I love the look right now, I don't want them to fall any further! I am sticking with my compression bra for now in hopes that I slow the decent enough. I did cheat and wear the sports bra one day over the weekend and I was extremely sore, not quite ready for that lax support yet.

Nearly 2-years post op, 1-year after last scar revision

Hi all. I just wanted to give an update because I know how nice it is to see long-term progression when you are considering surgery. I am now almost 2-years post-op and had my last scar revision (my second) a year ago.

Things I love:my breasts are soft and move more naturally (thank you silicon!). I love the size, I did not want to be too big and obvious, something a little more true to what I was was prior to breastfeeding. I love that I have something in place of those empty sacks of skin that used to hang from my chest! This was a huge confidence booster for me. Also, my incisions healed and faded nicely (with the exception of the last scar revision where I had a massive allergic reaction and it widened my scar). I am light skinned and from what I researched that gave me the best chance for a good fade as I healed.

Things I want to change: I still feel my implants sit low and give the impression of sagging with no upper-pole fullness. After two scar revisions to remove skin along the bottom this has improved, but it is no where near what I had envisioned when I paid over $10k to fix my breasts. This is something I think will only be fixed by placing the implant under the muscle, and that will have to wait until I can afford another surgery. I have pain in the interior of my left breast that the doctor cannot explain, it feels like tissue being ripped when I move in a certain way. It is painful and I feel like there needs to be an explanation and fix for this. Also, my nipples are not even. Though it is not hugely noticeable, it bothers me and I would like to correct that.

Overall I am extremely happy I did this surgery! I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Maria Lombardo

So far consult was wonderful, doctor was knowledgeable and helpful and kind.