30 Years Old, Maryland, Hairline Lowering Surgery - Owings Mills, MD

I had my hairline lowering surgery 4 days ago, and...

I had my hairline lowering surgery 4 days ago, and it feels like such a blur. I had my surgery with Dr. Vogel, his facility and staff are amazing. From start to finish they made me feel extremely comfortable. Day of Surgery: I arrived at Dr. Vogals office, was promptly received and offered a volume pill to calm my nerves. Once in the operating room the surgery was done before I knew it. I was still in a daze, but doctor Vogel gave me a peak at my new hairline, and I loved it! On the drive home I slipped in and out of sleep, felt numbness but no pain. Night of Surgery: I cleaned the incision, applied ointment, applied ice packs, sipped on ginger ale and ate some crackers. Day 2: Severe nausea caused by the painkillers and antibiotics. I contacted doctor Vogel who instructed me to stop taking everything but 600mg of Advil and 500mg of Extra Strength Tylenol, which made everything better. I ate crackers for the rest of the day. Day 3: Extreme swelling on both sides of the face, started to feel strange sensations at incision line, tightness of the scalp and forehead. Applied Arnica Gel to the face, avoiding incision line to help reduce swelling. continued to ice the face and forehead. Day 4: Getting different sensations, numbness, swelling, stings, pokes, tightness and burning sensations. Swelling has gone down dramatically. Ice and arnica gel did the trick! I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and discomfort, but this one almost made me question getting this done, I say almost because it's not a breeze like I expected, it's rough. BUT so far well worth it. I will be able to say definitively if its 100% worth it once my stitches get removed.

Pictures and status

6/15/16 Update

Swelling is completely gone, hair is starting to grow through the incision, and the odd sensations have gone away for the most part. Still feels like im wearing my a hat that is too tight, and I still don't have much feeling on the top of my head towards the front.

Stitches removed

Stitches were removed at 10 days, it was a painless process. There is a bit of swelling on the scalp, and some rippling. The scar looks hedious, but with time and ScarAway gel and pads it will fade.
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon