37, 3 Kids, 5'5" 155lbs, 34I/34J - Ontario, CA

I have wanted this since being a teenager. My...

I have wanted this since being a teenager. My mother talked me into waiting till after I had kids. At 37 I finally decided enough is enough, why suffer with back pain and headaches and awful droopy breast. I never liked my breast growing up so I hope that not only will the pain go away but that I will be able to finally like my breast.

Surgery day

Had my surgery on May 5. My process was pretty quick for Ontario. I had my referral sent on feb 23, then my consult on March 9 and surgery may 5. My family doctor let me choose my ps. My first choice re-referred me to a new associate in his practice which is why I was able to get in so quick. I took the leap and went with the new associate, so far surgery went great, my recovery and pain management is going good. I had the anchor method done with drains for 24 hours. Spent one night in hospital as I live about 1h1\2 from my ps and he didn't want me spending all that time in a car going home and coming back to get my drains taken out. I have to say it was nice spending that day in hospital. Drains came out very easily no pain at all. I don't get to see my result for a week as my bandages need to stay on.

Also had I chosen to go with my first choice I would have been scheduled for a consult in June and my surgery date would have been approximately one year from my consult date. I wasn't able to wait that long. Lol

Couldn't wait took a sneak peak!

So my bandages are a mess from me scratching under the padding, my swelling has gone down some so it's also a lot looser on my chest. I gave my padding nipples a few days ago and they are in no way symetrical anymore lol. So I decided to take a sneak. I just could wait till Thursday. I've never been good with surprises even as a kid. Well I'm glad I looked so far I'm happy with them. In the picture one looKs bigger than the other but I didn't notice when I was looking at them. Could very well be swelling or even the angle I took the pic. Either way I'm happy right now.

1st post op appointment

Everything is healing well. My right breast Is more swollen and has some fluid buildup. Doctor said it should resolve itself. And that both my breast should end up being similar in size. Any of you have a breast be more swollen then the other and have them end up the same size in the end. The size difference right now is more noticeable in picture then by just looking at them. Also what did everyone one use for pain management once your prescription was done right now I'm taking aleve and Tylenol.

Bruising and lump

So I haven't updated anything in awhile. I was healing up really nicely hardly any bruising. Wasn't taking anymore pain meds. On May 16 I went for a walk. Took it slow, felt great to get out. Then Tuesday morning I woke up to a purple spot on my breast. I sent pics to my ps office. He was not there that day, but they did show another doctor my pic. They suggested I come in on Wednesday to have it looked at. My ps called me first thing Wednesday morning by this time I could feel a lump. Went to his office to get it checked out. He drained 4cc of blood which is not much. My right breast is still swollen and has bruised up very nicely. My lump has returned. I will be seeing my ps on May 24 for a follow up. My left breast is healing nicely. It has started to settle a bit and I like the way it looks. I just have to be patient my right one will get there as well. Really dying to get back to the gym and can't wait to run with them ????. I also bought myself a cute little bra, it only cost 5 bucks, can't complain when I used to spend $150.00 just for one.

I can exercise again!

So I've made some progress in the last two weeks. My right breast is still bruised and still has the "hard lumps". My breast is still a bit swollen compared to the other one and isn't settling as nicely as the left due to hard spot. My right breast will just take longer to look like my left. Loving how the left is looking. I'm only focusing on the things I like about them, and being patient with the healing process. I got to go back to the gym today, I just walked but it was so so nice. I think I might try yoga on Friday! I'm not very good at taking pics of my breast, they look much better in person, I should work on my angles more but I'm not big on taking selfies of myself as is. Hope everyone else is healing well.

More pics

Bra shopping

So I finally went bra shopping a couple weeks ago. I have to say it's not any easier now then it was before. I'm measuring a 34D however I seem to only fit in the 34 DDD. After wearing my new bras for about half a day they seem to fit a bit big. The DD I spill out of. I'm three months post op, so I'll keep shopping till I find the brand I like. My right breast is still numb but my lumps are getting smaller.
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Dr. MacArthur has been wonderful. Below is a review I posted on another site, you can read this shorten version or you can read my ongoing progress above. I saw Dr. MacArthur for a breast reduction to help alleviate my back pain. He performed the surgery in early May. I'm now only 4 weeks post op and very satisfied. Not only is my pain gone but Dr. MacArthur also gave me easthetically pleasing breast. He was very patient with me at our consult, and answered all my questions. I did have some minor complications post op and he made certain to see me often and closely monitored my progress. My incisions are nice and thin as well as straight which speaks to his skills. Dr. MacArthur is very competent and an absolute professional.