October 15, 2014 is the Day my Life Will Change Forever and Need All the Support I Can Get.... - Orlando, FL

I am a 55 Y/O mother and grandmother. I have...

I am a 55 Y/O mother and grandmother. I have struggled most of my adult life with weight issues. I have lost weight and gained weight so many times. This I feel like is the tool I need to make me succeed. It can't be undone and when you want to eat you can't just have the water removed like the lap band(I had in 2005). The lap band has worked for a lot of people but it has not worked for me. It was to easy to have the water removed when I wanted to eat. Before the lap band I also over the years done Weight Watcher, Dr. Akins, taken diet pills, name it and I have done it. Nothing has worked. I would lose the weight just to gain it back and more each time. :( I have been studying the sleeve and how it works for a few months now and after reading reviews and actually talking to a few co workers that have had it done I feel this is the very thing I need to help me get my life back. I do realize it is a tool that I still need discipline and will power, however at least I will not have the constant hunger pains and the cravings (that subside with this) like I have with the lap band and the other means of weight loss I have tried. I am looking forward to sharing my weight loss journey with this forum in hopes I can have a positive impact on someone's life as this forum has had on mine. I will keep you posted as my weight loss journey begins on October 15, 2014. As soon as I get courage I will post some pictures of me before my surgery.

3 more days til surgery

3 more days..I am getting excited and nervous at the time time. Excited because I am so ready for this chapter of my life to start. Nervous that I will get sick again and will not have it. So I will need prayers that I don't get sick. I am also going to post some before pictures of me. I finally realize that there is no since in being ashamed of the way I look. That we all o here are going through this together and no one is out to judge me. Thanks for all the support.

Weight at surgery 250 pounds

Today is the day...

Today is the day...my surgery is scheduled for 10:00. The day my life will change forever...Thanks to all who have left positive comments...I soon as I am able I will post an update...

One day post op.

Here it is 1 day post op. I can't believe how good I feel compared to a lot of people that have this done. Very little pain,'hardly any gas pains...just got finished slipping that blue day so they can check for leaks. .Thank each and every one of you for your prayers and support. I will keep you posted. How I am doing when I get home.

One week post op...

A Short update...well it's been one week. I didn't think it was going to get easier but after the 3 day clear liquids it started to get better...this morning was the first morning I was awaked with this painful gas pain in between my shoulders. I thought I was going to die before I could have my husband beat me on the back and take some gas x and pain med. I got through it. Thank god. today has been pretty good. I have been able to tolerate most everything I have tried so far. I tried to drink gator aid and it is that tasting right. but I love the way ice cold water taste. It's weird. I guess that's a good thing. Already getting sick of those protein drinks. Not getting my needed protein's in. I try but just can't. Time I try to get a 30 gram protein drink down it's lunch time then to tell you the truth I have to make myself Try to drink another one after lunch. I don't know. Maybe it will get easier. But so far so good this week. Had a few days of roughness, but like everybody says it's gets better. Will update again 2 weeks post op.

One month post op.

Today makes one month that my life changed forever. I am down 21 lbs. I feel great. Having a bit of a hard time with the soft food thing that I started yesterday. But I know it will get easier as time goes on just like the rest of it has. I will post update pictures soon. I would have posted with this update, but my honey took me to the movies to celebrate my one month. I was worried about movie and no popcorn but I had no desire for the popcorn. I loved it thanks to the sleeve.

2 months post op

Today makes 2 months post op. I have been at a stand still for the last 2 weeks. I have lost a total of 27 pounds. I know it doesn't sound like much but to me it is. I am now eating almost anything. I try different foods a lot, some I tolerate well and other I say it's not worth eating again after I will be up half the night with indigestion. Like right now I eat 1/2 of a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner and not agreeing with me. I think it's the jelly because I can eat whipped peanut butter and it doesn't bother me. I am hoping I will lose more weight this coming month. I will have a mass removed from my ovaries January 6 and after that hoping I can start to exercise more and start walking. But right now it hurts to do a lot of waking and doctor doesn't want me doing a lot of physical exercise until is mass is removed. So I am going to start the New Year off with a positive attitude. Thanks for everyone that reads my posts.

Back in swing

Thought I old give an update as for why I have not been on here lately. As a lot of you know when I had my gastric sleeve done, I had a set back and while they were running test found a mass on my ovaries. Well it end up being cancer. My surgery was on Dec. 28th. The type of cancer I have is called clear cell carcinoma of the ovary. . Doctor said I was very fortunate(I told him no it is the power of prayer not fortunate) to have this type of cancer because it is curable. They were able to get all the cancer however I will need 6 weeks of chemo to make sure if the left any micro particulars this would kill it. I half to say I feel pretty good to just had major surgery little over a week ago. I am just sick of being sick, just sitting here unable to do much. I know I will get better it will just take time. OK now onto my Gastric sleeve review. My surgery was Oct. 15, 2014. The time of my surgery I weighed 250, I weighed today and down to 209 yea!!!!!! I look at myself and can't believe I have lost 41 pounds in 2 1/2 months. I am doing really good on the gastric sleeve part. I am now just starting to eat almost anything I want and like everybody else, just small portions. I still have no cravings for sweets. The couple of times I did tried to eat sweets it just didn't taste the same so I figured why eat them if I can't get satisfaction from them. I am enjoying the new me!!!!!
Ocala Bariatric Surgeon