35 Yr Old Bilateral Mastectomy W/ Tissue Expander Reconstruction, Recent Exchange - Orlando, FL

Being diagnosed with breast cancer at 34 years old...

Being diagnosed with breast cancer at 34 years old can be overwhelming. I was ex with a very aggressive high grade DCIS in my left breast on 08/28/14. I decided to undergoe double mastectomy with TE reconstruction on 10/21/14. I hope to be able to support and encourage anyone with the same fears and questions I had. Also for my continued support and questions along my journey.

1 wk Post Op Exchange TE to silicone implants

I'm 1 week post op from my exchange from the TE to 800cc silicone Implants.. I did end up having the horrible drains again but recovering faster.. Hoping drains will be removed tomorrow.

2 months post op expander to implant

It's been 2 months since my exchange. Im feeling wonderful and working out again. Some rainy days bother me and stressful days do cause muscle/chest tightness. Next up will be nipple reconstruction. Gotta keep it moving and stay strong :)

Post Nipple Reconstruction

I underwent nipple reconstruction on 06/05/14. The procedure went rather easy with little discomfort. No pain meds needed. However still a boat load of emotions throughout this entire process but I'm a survivor :)

1 week post op nipple reconstruction

3 months post nipple reconstruction

Orlando Plastic Surgeon

I was very comfortable with Dr. Peters from the beginning. He was very informative yet compassionate. I'm very happy with the results thus far. Highly recommend!