36 year old Mom of 2, Active and Fit Looking for My Lost Boobs... - Orlando, FL

I have debated writing my little story on here but...

I have debated writing my little story on here but after reading many, many other experiences by the awesome women on this site I figured I would tell you all a little bit about me. If there is a chance my experience may help someone with their journey, then it is worth it.

Let me start by telling you all a little about me. I am 36 (very soon to be 37) and I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful children (6 and 3). I work full time and am required to be physically fit for my job. I love working out specifically running and doing CrossFit. In my 20's I loved my boobs. I was a 34 full C cup and I often had people ask me if my boobs were real. I loved the way they looked in clothing and bathing suits and never had an issue with them. Fast forward about ten years and I have since breast fed two little babies for the first few months of their lives. It was the best decision I ever made and I would never go back and change my decision to breastfeed. But after feeding two babies, my boobs were left in a less than perky state. Add in two years of CrossFit and weighlifting after my youngest was one, and I feel like all I have left are two deflated pancakes on my chest. I am probably in close to the best shape of my life right now and I have to say that I feel self conscious anytime I put on a bathing suit, tank top, and sometimes even t-shirts. I cannot find a bra to fit me without having the cup bulge in an unnatural way, or find a bathing suit that even gives me any cleavage no matter how much padding it has.

I never thought I would consider breast augmentation given the boobs I had in my 20's. But after about five years with these flap jacks I am more than ready to get some life back into them. I began researching breast augmentation here in Orlando, Fl. We have some great doctors here and I actually know quite a few women who have had the surgery who offered me great information on local plastic surgeons. I had three consultations with three different doctors. One made me feel like I was at an assembly plant manufacturing and implanting boobs into women with a doctor who had no concern for me or what I wanted, another tried to talk me into procedures that I know I do not need and would cost me much more money, and a third was just the perfect fit for me from the second I was greeted by the receptionist on the phone to set up my initial consultation. Dr. Clifford Clark's office pretty much had me at hello. His entire office staff have been amazing and both he and his nurse Lorra have both taken the time to really get to know me to understand what I am looking for and how Dr. Clark can help me achieve what I want. I left his office feeling 110% comfortable and confident in my decision to do this and to have him do this for me.

Since I am very active and have a large amount of well developed pectoral muscle, Dr. Clark has recommended going about the muscle. I am looking to do either 350 or 375 ccs, silicone implants, through an inframammary incision. I have my pre-op appointment on Thursday and have put a downpayment down for surgery on February 25th. Looking forward to hearing from some other ladies who may be similar physically to me and share the same procedure details. I am getting so excited/nervous for the big day that is less than three weeks from now!!! I'm so glad I found this website... it has been such a great source of information!!!

Some before pics...

Here are a few before pics of my deflated girls... Looking forward to my pre-op appointment on Thursday to narrow down specifics of my upcoming surgery :)

Surgery February 25th

Ok just a quick update. I had my pre-op last Thursday and had all my final questions answered. I was given prescriptions for antibiotics, pain medicine and anti-nausea medicine. I left nervous but so excited to finally be getting this done. I am so happy but starting to feel like this is all surreal. I think I just can't believe that I am actually going through with this! I've wanted it for so long and have been thinking about it for so long that I just can't believe in less than two weeks I will be on the other side :) We have decided that I will be getting either 350 or 375 Mentor Siltex silicone textured implants. The day of surgery, my doctor will make the final decision based on how they look inside. I can't wait and don't know how I am going to make it through the next two weeks at work lol!

Surgery on Thursday

I can't believe my surgery is in four days! It's like time is standing still and flying by at the same time. It's so weird. I'm so excited but at the same time I am so anxious for Thursday morning and the anesthesia. Has anyone else been so nervous about actually going through with getting general anesthesia for this surgery? I'm afraid I'm going to get there in the morning and then freak out when they go to put me under!!! I guess maybe I'm just ready to have this whole thing over with. It's literally all I've been thinking about for the past two weeks. I'm online every night looking for pictures of girls with over the muscle implants, I'm having dreams about BA's, and I think about it every time I have any spare time during the day. Just can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Today's the day!!!

Well the big day is here! I am on my way and definitely feeling nervous and excited!! Just can't wait to see what they are going to look like! Good luck to all the other ladies getting theirs done today too!! I'll try to update later :)

Day Two :)

Ok so I thought I'd give another update. I am day two post op and feeling great. Surgery yesterday went so much smoother than I could have ever imagined! The nurses were awesome as were Dr. Clark and my anesthesiologist! All I remember is something going in my IV then taking a few deep breaths with an oxygen mask on and that was it. Next thing I knew I woke up with my new boobs! It was wonderful. Dr. Clark ended up going with the 375 ccs and I think this was a perfect choice for me! Yesterday was a little rough pain wise, but nothing that the pain pills didn't help with. I also was nauseous from the anesthesia but once I took the anti nausea medicine I was ok. I even slept ok last night propped up on my back. All in all, it was a much better experience that I had imagined. I was sent home in a surgical bra and an elastic band. I can't shower until tomorrow but I did sneak a peek of my new boobs and I must say they are beautiful!!! I think they are the perfect size for me and I just couldn't be happier. I go back for my post op on Monday so I'm hoping that by then I won't have to wear this strap anymore and I can start using some of my own comfortable sports type bras I bought. All in all, I was so nervous going into this yesterday but I am so happy and pleased with how it all turned out. And I think it all has to do with the fact that I picked a wonderful surgeon with an amazing staff that has just made this entire process awesome. I am going to post some pics for all of you ladies still considering sizes and placement. I went with the 375cc silicone implant subfascial placement with the incision under my breast. So far so good!!!

Day Two Post Op

Day 6 Post Op - First Day in Real Clothes!

Today is the first day I have been able to put on real clothes and I must say I feel fabulous!! I haven't taken anything for pain at all today and I'm only feeling a minimal level of discomfort. I had my first post op appointment yesterday and it went great. I told Dr. Clark that I think my boobs look amazing and he said that if I like them now I will absolutely love them when they are all settled into the right place. He is awesome and I couldn't be more happy with my decision to have him do my surgery! He did say that I still need to wear the band to help get them down into the perfect spot which was a little bit of a bummer because honestly that's what makes my boobs hurt a little. Without it I feel completely normal but I know there's a good reason so I will keep it on :) I went and visited some friends this morning and they couldn't believe how good my new boobs look! Every day gets better and I am just so excited that I went through with this!!!

Day 8

Can't believe it's been over a week already!! I took these pics yesterday at one week. My recovery has been great. They are starting to soften just a bit which is nice and I'm having only a little bit of pain at my incision sites. I have started to feel like the top and sides of my boobs are sun burned which is weird... I think it's just that the skin is super sensitive. I am so happy with my results so far and I can't wait to see what the end up like!!

Two weeks post op!

Well I can't believe it's been two weeks since I had my surgery!! The healing process has been going great! I love having boobs again :) I am really feeling almost back to normal which has been awesome! The only thing I've been experiencing lately is that my boobs feel sunburned!! Has anyone else experienced this? It's crazy and I know it's probably just the nerves healing but it really just feels like a bad sunburn lol. I'm still wearing the band as much as I can and am hoping when I go to my follow up next Wednesday the doc clears me to ditch it :).

I have been on the hunt lately for new bikini tops since it's almost beach time here and I'm having a little trouble... I just got a large top from Target and I feel like it may be a little small lol. I think soon I will go to Victoria's Secret to get measured to see what size I should be wearing!

Three Week Update

Well I can't believe it has now been three weeks! I had a follow up this week and everything is going great. I can now do more brisk walking or use the stationary bike but no other cardio just yet. Three more weeks until I get the all clear.

As far as my boobs go, I am feeling wonderful! They are still just very sensitive and kind of feel sunburned but my nurse explained that the cause of that was my skin stretching so it should go away soon. I am good to wear other bras now other than sports type bras so it's time for me to do some shopping!! Hope everyone is doing great! And for all you girls on the fence about doing this... Go for it!! It has been so worth it for me so far :). Here are some progress pics!

Six Week Update

Not much to report other than I can't believe it has already been six weeks! I go back to my doctor on Tuesday for my last follow up and am hoping to get cleared for all regular exercise then. I feel fabulous and absolutely love my boobs... It feels like I've had them all along! I'm still getting used to wearing bigger bras but I love the way they look and they feel great! All in all my experience has been great and I couldn't be happier! Here are some pics for everyone that is considering subfascial placement... I know when I was researching them I had trouble finding long term pictures. Hope these help :)
Orlando Plastic Surgeon