Wish I Had Done It Earlier! 24 Year Old Open Rhinoplasty.

I went back and forth for years wondering if I...

I went back and forth for years wondering if I should get a rhinoplasty. I knew it was going to be expensive and I was unsure whether or not my nose was "bad enough" to do it. I constantly googled before and after pictures of other people who had gone through with the procedure. I came across Dr. Mao's website and was in awe of his before and after pictures of patients who underwent rhinoplasty surgery.

I finally came to my senses and realized that if this wasn't something I really wanted to do, I wouldn't be spending hours googling it. To be completely honest, the hardest part of this entire process was actually making the call to book a consultation. When I went in for my appointment, Dr. Mao took me through my options and answered all of my questions I had for him. He put my nerves at ease and was patient as I asked all of the questions about the procedure and recovery.

It took me a couple of days to decide that I was going to go through with the procedure. And to be honest, it was one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself. I could not be happier with my result. Dr. Mao made my nose look completely symmetrical with my face. I cannot even begin to tell you the number of people who have complimented me since my surgery, not knowing that I had anything done because it looks so natural. I know about 4 other people who have had nose jobs and each one of them were in awe of Dr. Mao's work. A couple of them even told me that they wish they had went to Dr. Mao instead.

What I liked about Dr. Mao is that he is a facial plastic surgeon. I couldn't stress this more- if you are going to do a rhinoplasty, you should go to someone who specializes in faces. I have seen too many people unhappy with their results who have gone to plastic surgeons who work on all different parts of the body.

Dr. Mao is extremely talented at what he does and I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. He is such a nice and friendly guy. He made me feel comfortable when I spoke to him and was patient with me. I never felt rushed out of his office He took the time to listen to my concerns and worked with me to make sure we were on the same page about what I wanted my nose to look like (and what I didn't want!). He was funny too!

If the recovery is holding you back- don't let it. That was one of my biggest fears (I'm terrible with pain) and quite honestly, getting my wisdom teeth out was way worse than my rhinoplasty. There was a tiny bit of discomfort at times, but nothing what I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed taking some time off from work and catching up on my favorite shows.

If you are thinking about getting a rhinoplasty, you should absolutely book a consultation with Dr. Mao. I cannot stress how amazing his work is. I have never said in my life that I love my nose, but I do now. I used to think about my nose all of the time, was very self conscious and always wondering if people were looking at me from a bad angle. My mind is at ease now! I have recommended him to many people and will continue to do so. Dr. Mao did a fantastic job.
Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I could not be happier with my decision to pick Dr. Mao as my surgeon.