33 Years Old 1 Child - TT with Lipo - Oklahoma, OK

I have been wanting this surgery for many years. ...

I have been wanting this surgery for many years. I actually went for my consult in Feburary 2015, and I booked my surgery a couple of months ago. My husband and I are done having kids and have decided that it is finally time to get me back into a bikini. I am having a full TT with Lipo. I am very nervous. I have been looking at RS for several months now, and it actually helped me make my decision to book my surgery. I look forward to sharing my journey with you.

5"3" 138 lbs.

One week from today I will be on the flat side.
Ugh...post op pic.

4 days to go...

well.. I feel like I'm on the down hill slope! My last weekend until go time!!
I think I have everything ready!
A few more before pics. I can't wait to wear a tank top without this ugliness!

Last Pre-Op pic! 3 more days!

I have never been comfortable in my own skin. So for me to post a pic like this, makes me so anxious and embarrassed. I am just so thankful a new me is right around the corner. I am very thankful I found this sight. I feel prepared for my surgery. I am also thankful for all you ladies that have posted your journey, so others like myself, kind of know what to expect and have a place to reach out to other women, that are going through the same thing.

8 hours to go!

I have to be at the hospital at 6 am.
I tried on w bikini I bought years ago, can't wait to see what it looks like next time I put it on again. I have not worn a bikini in 16 years. I got brave years ago and bought this...maybe I will finally get to wear it!

I made it!!! Hello Flat side.

So my surgery took right at 5 hours. I was in so much pain I thought j was going to die for the first 4 hours after surgery. They finally got my pain leveled out about an hour ago. My nurse (Tiffany) this shift is amazing. She even made me tea.

Flo came yesterday so that's been interesting! But I made it. I can't wait to see my results. I go to my PS in the morning. They are going to show my husband how to do all of my garments.

Hospital Boredom

first, I am so thankful that I stayed overnight. I don't think I could have handled the initial pain at home.

I got my catheter out at 3 am, and they just came in and took my IV out. The nurse just helped me get up and go to the restroom for the first time. Oh my gosh! Painful!!! My entire midsection is on fire.

I have had 2 amazing nurses during my stay. Flo has been digusting, I will not go into the details, but yuck!! It's been a struggle..

They are releasing me at 6 am to go home.

Hardest night of my life.

i left the hospital yesterday morning at 7. My pain level was off the chartsz I got home and got settled in, around 7 pm I started feeling naseous. I threw up every 2-3 hours until 4 this morning. I have quit taking my pain meds because they were triggering it. My poor husband just got up and held my hair every time.

Anyone have any advice?

Here's to day 4.

i feel better in the sense that I am did not throw up all night.
I have not had a BM in 6 days so I took - stool softner around 3 AM and milk of magnesia at 5:30 am.. I am hoping that happens today. My stomach is in constant pain.. And I think part of it, is being constipated. On a positive note, I was able to sleep about 3 hours at a time from 10 pm last night until 3 this morning. I am hurting to bad right to even try to sleep.
My husband did snap a pic yesterday in the doctors office.

He undid my binder and repositioned all my pads last night and I got another look. I like what I see so far. I honestly have been in so much pain and so sick I think forgot even why I did it.

Drains out!!

So it's day 6... And I have to tell you. The difference in today and even 2 days ago is amazing. I seriously thought I was going to die. I was finally able to eat on Saturday and got my full appetite back yesterday. I bought Dulcolax suppositories. They were a life saver. Because I had so much trouble with my stomach and the pain meds, there was no way I could take laxatives also. So my husband went and found these at Walgreens and within the hour.... They worked like a charm. So my drains are out and I am putting gauze where the drain holes were. They are dealing quite a bit. I have to wear this garment on for one more week. I get my stitches out next Monday at 8:15 am.

1 week post op

I had my first shower last night. It felt amazing. I had not shaved my legs since last Monday.. I think that is the longest I have ever went. It felt so good to wash my body and shave. I am happy with my results, but I am hoping that my love handles are just swelling and that my scar moves down.
I can't believe it's only been a week. It feels like it's been a month.

First day back - Work from home

I am 9 days post op today. It was my first day back at work. I worked from home. Yesterday was my first day alone since my surgery. I am doing better, but still in a lot of pain. When I wake up, I feel like someone beat me up in my sleep. I wake up several times throughout the night hurting also. Before surgery I slept on my side in a ball, so sleeping on my back is not helping. I have a lot of swelling above and below my scar on my hips. My husband called my PS and he wants to see me and may have to drain the fluid. I will post a pic, but it's hard to tell.

Scar

Tonight was the first time I went out for dinner. Came home and looked at my scar.. They are looking way better. If you look at the left side where the glue is off, it's a tiny line! I really hope my entire scar looks that good! I'm super excited.

I am 11 days post op and am starting to feel better and better. I am really swollen. I hope that goes away soon.

I will attach a pic.

Day 2 VS. Day 12

Here is a pic of day 2 and day 12 post op. It's crazy what just under 2 weeks can do. I am heeling well and excited to see what it looks like after all the glue and tape come off.

I am REALLY swollen and my stomach is hard. I am trying to eat better in hopes that I can keep off the weight I lost when I was sick. I have just been able to eat for about the last 5 days, so I lost some weight. I am hoping to keep it off.

Swelling

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my surgery. I called my PS today. I am so swollen. My stomach is almost giggly because it has so much fluid in it. I have an appointment Wednesday to get my stitches out and my nurse thinks it can wait until then before they drain me. I am getting worried though because it just keeps getting bigger. Overall I am feeling way better. I'm still sore and have random pains. Right now my swelling is the most uncomfortable part. There are several places where the surgical glue has came off and I am in love with my scar (so far) I don't want to jinx it. But the line is very thin. I can't wait to get drained to see if I am still loving my results. I will post a before and after pic tomorrow and Wednesday so you can see the difference.

I am including a new pic of my scar.

Before and after

12-14-15 Swelling

I just got up to get something to drink and decided to take pics of my swollen abdomen. I'm praying when they drain the fluid my stomach goes back down.

Serima/ 2 weeks Post Op today!

I changed my spot from tomorrow to today.
I had seroma (misspelled?) they drained 100 cc's of fluid from my stomach. I instantly felt better! They also took out my stitches.. So that means that I can finally sleep on my side tonight!! I am so excited. I have always been a side sleeper, so sleeping on my back has been killing me.
I am feeling very good after today's appointment. I go back in Friday to get drained again and they put me on a 2x a day antibiotic.

16 days Post Op

i am 16 days post up. I have to put a marble in my belly button now. I am taping it down with bandage tape.
Still in a lot of pain in the morning and if I turn or am up on my feet very much.
I go back to my PS to get my seroma drained again tomorrow.

Seroma/belly button

Went back to the doctor this morning. They drained another 60 cc's from my stomach (seroma). I am wearing a marble in my belly button now. My PS it will make my belly button heal correctly.
They suggested I see a lymphatic massage therapist, so I made an appt for this Sunday.

3 weeks post op

I am doing better everyday! I went in and had my seroma drained again today. 40 cc's this time. My next appt isn't until 1/12. They told me to sleep without my binder for a few nights and see if that helps to eliminate the seroma from reforming. They said overall I am healing really well.

I am using scar away silicone strips and maderma. My nurse said they were working great.
I am posting a pic of what I'm using on my scar. I will
Post some updated scar pics later.

Scar pics - 23 days post op

I have been using scar away and Maderma.

31 days post op

I have started light exercise.. Walking, squats and arm exercises with 2.5 lb Dumbbells. I ordered my first bikini in 15 years off of Victoria secret. I am so excited. I feel good. Sore in the morning and if I over exert myself, but I feel great. I am really happy with my results.

I am still using Maderma and silicone strips. I think they are working great!

Went out to dinner with some friends last night, without my binder and did well. I was definitely swollen when I go home.

Hope you ladies had a great New Years Eve!!

6 week check up

i am going in for my 6 week check up today. I feel great. My back is a little tender from the lipo.. But other than that, I'm good!

I am hoping that I can ditch my binder and get cleared for the gym.

I took a pic of my scar on day 37.. I will attack below.

Work out time!

Everything is going great! I went and bought some new workout clothes today. I am super excited to get in really good shape!

10 week Post Op

I am 10 weeks post op. I swell a lot everyday. If I am on my feet for a long period of time, I swell and my stomach hurts. I am loving my results. Just hoping that my scar continued to improve. I gained a few pounds that I am now trying to work back off also.

I just ordered a new scar cream, I will post a review to see how it compares to Maderma.

15 weeks post op

So it's been 15 weeks and 3 days since my surgery.

4 month post op

I went to my 4 month post op appointment. Not great news. My PS is going to some in office lipo on my right side.. "Warranty work".. But thinks I need a scar revision in 6 months to a year.. That I will have to pay for. I haven't asked for a quote yet.

Scar revision and lipo

I went in yesterday to have my lipo. When I got in there yesterday he decided to go ahead and do my scar revision also.
I was awake but numb during all of it. It was crazy.. But I'm so thankful that he decided to finish the procedure.
He did this all for warranty work and did not charge me any additional money. Here are some pics from yesterday and today.

5/14/16

I took a shower today and I think my scar is lower than before. Yesterday I was in too much pain to really look. I am back in my garment..

7 days post op- scar revisiom

So I am 7 days out from my Scar Revision surgery. I have had to go in 3 times this week for them to aspirate my stomach. On Tuesday they drained 120 cc's. Yesterday 60 and today 30.
My PS put me back on antibiotics.
I am back at work and wearing my garment again. I can tell that my scar is lower. I am looking forward to seeing how it heels once all of my sweeping is down.

16 days post op revision surgery

I am 16 days post op from my scar revision. I got my stitches out on Friday. Now I'm starting to wear my scar away strips and using Maderma PM again.

6/4/16 pics

I don't have a lot to update. I got my stitches out a week ago Friday. It was more painful than my original surgery. The nurse thinks one of the stiches was on a nerve. I have tanned but I keep my ScarAway strips over my cuts. You can see the tan line in my pics. Overall I am really happy. The scar is really a lot lower and healing great.

45 days since my Scar revision

I can't say it enough.. I am so happy with my results!! Found some new scar cream I am going to try. I will post about it when I get it in.

Trying new Scar Cream

I found out about this from a friend recently and am really excited to try it. I just ordered it and should receive it in the mail in the next week. I will post a before the day I start using it and then another 30 days later. This is the most expensive product so far. I will update later. I just hope that if it works, it will help someone else.

First weekend in a bikini in 16 years

I went on a small family vacation this weekend and it was my first time in a bikini in 16 years. I had so much fun! So happy with my results!

7 months post op

I'm using the new scar scream and really like it. I am 7 months post op and couldn't be happier. I do want to tone up and get in overall better health.

Pool day

7 months
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hein is fantastic. I researched surgeons for years. I researched until everything became a blur... they say the best referral is someone who could attest to the work. I was having a stretch mark removal procedure done by Natausha Spears and Crystal Sponamore... and they swore by him. If you wanted a tight tummy, he was your guy. I had my first consult in February 2015. Haley and Dr. Hein were patient and answered all my questions. I really had a hard time spending that much money on "me". I took my husband back for a 2nd consult in the summer. Dr. Hein and his staff took the same time and care the 2nd time around. Explained to my husband the full procedure and He really liked Dr. Hein and the office, so we decided to book my Tummy tuck. Because of my hectic work schedule I didn't book my surgery until December. I called his office probably 10 times and spoke to Sheila and Christy. Every time they would reassure me the procedure and let me talk through my fears. I loved is that I was never alone with him. He always had one of the 3 women (Haley, Sasha, Sheila) that I am very familiar with and that know my case present. I really would recommend my surgeon. It all went really great, and he has my respect, which I don't give out freely. I have had to have a lot of aftercare because of some complications (not caused by Dr. Hein). The whole office has went above and beyond what I ever expected. They have been right beside me through every step of this journey. I think he does fantastic work and I think he did fantastic work on me.