11 Days Until my Transformation! - Oklahoma City, OK

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am a 46 year old mother of 3 grown kids, ages...

I am a 46 year old mother of 3 grown kids, ages 27,25 & 19. I have wanted a tummy tuck and breast augmentation for years and years! I love my kids but they all have done a job on my body. I am 5'9" and I weigh 140. Before having kids I weighed about 118, which was very much under weight. So needless to say after my 1st pregnancy and getting up to 153 lbs I was pretty stretched out. I almost immediatly got down to a good weight but my stomach was covered with stretch marks and loose skin. Well now that they are all grown and I'm done taking care of them I decided it's time to take care of me. I am scheduled for a breast lift, implants and tummy tuck. I am very excited but also very nervous as the time gets closer. I live in Texas but have chosen to have my surgery in OKC. I love my Dr. She is very concerned with what I am interested in achieving with my body and has even given me her opinion on how things will look. I will being spending the night in the hospital as she wants to make sure all is going well before I am sent home.

I have chosen 425cc high profile silicone gel implants to achieve a full C to small D cup. Right now I am a droopy B to low C cup. I have been reading almost all of these posts on here to see how others have dealt with their surgeries. I will be taking 5 weeks off of work and I hope that's enough. I am a mail carrier and do quite a bit of walking. Not a whole lot of heavy lifting now that the holidays are over and if I have something heavy I can always get help. I just hope the walking doesn't bother me. I will post pics as soon as I have my hubby take some before then after.

Ok well I'm just 5 days away from the big day now....

Ok well I'm just 5 days away from the big day now. I get a little more nervous every day. I went to the store and bought a few things that I will be needing for after surgery. Some comfy pj's that I'll most likely be living in for a while. I also plan on going to a thrift store just to pick up some good ole flannel shirts that of course button up the front. I love mens big flannels! LOL I bought some post surgery bras along with some medical supplies and my protein drinks that I can't live without. I know I have forgotten so many things but I still have time to get them. A shower seat for sure. I looked for some Bromelain but couldn't find any. I will check at CVS tomorrow I guess. Still haven't had the hubs take any pics yet but I will.

Almost time to leave. It's an hour and a half...

Almost time to leave. It's an hour and a half drive to OKC so we're leaving this evening because I have to be at the Surgi Center at 8:45. I'm getting very excited! The nerves aren't to bad right now but I'm sure they will be going crazy tonight. I have my sleep aides so that I know I will get a few hours of sleep. I will have the pics ready when I get back. Wish me luck!

Ok I know it's been 2 months since I've had my MM...

Ok I know it's been 2 months since I've had my MM but things have been busy. Everything went awesome! I spent the night in the hospital the night of surgery and had quite a bit of pain due to my throwing up 3 times. But other than that things went well. After leaving the hospital and taking that 1 1/2 drive home I got home to my beloved recliner. I took a pain pill (percocet) and laid down for some good rest. I took 3 out of the 20 pain pills that I was given. Nothing but ibuprofen after that. The pain was there but tolerable. I was up and around on day 2 although very slowly. I wasn't about to just lay around. I was up as much as I could handle. Even went to a high school basketball game on day 5. My drains stayed in for 1 week. I was so happy to be able to take a full shower! It felt sooooo good!!!
All of my follow up appt. went great. I left all the tape on all of my incisions for as long as I could. When the tape came off I had NO scabs and everything looked great! As soon as the tape came off which was at about the 2 week point if I can remember correctly I started putting vitamin E oil on all of the incisions. My PS was amazed at how good my scars were looking. She asked what I was using and I told her. She said keep doing it.
Everything has dropped into place nicely. My boobs did sit high for about a month to 5 weeks. I just kept wearing the band until I felt good with where they were. I cut my binder down to a smaller strap and just wore it low on the incision area.after about 3 1/2 weeks. I went back to carrying mail at the 5 week mark and felt great! Went right back in to full duty. I still wore my binder strap at work for a while as I felt better with it there. I still wear it to work in but otherwise any other time I don't. My scar is good and low. I have a new bikini and the scar can not be seen at all. I will have the hubs take a few picks and get them on here soon.
I hope everyone else has had or will have as good as a procedure and recovery as I did. I am so glad I did it!!
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful