Extremely Detailed Timeline of my SDC Process

I agree with other posters that the communication...

I agree with other posters that the communication with this company is spotty.
I have found that their website continually updates your account to show which step they are on. This makes up for their inconsistent communication.

I will include my extremely detailed timeline here to help calm the nerves of other folks waiting for updates and shipping etc. I know I was cross checking other posters' timelines to estimate my own. I hope this helps.

- Oct 12 - Completed online assessment and received approval the same day
Oct 16 (Sunday) - Ordered the impression kit evaluation and gave them my photos the same day
Same day: Received order confirmation and “Treatment Consent and History” form - signed it the same day
Confirmation email they received the pictures
- Oct 17 (Afternoon) - got email my photos were approved
Evening - Received email that my kit was being shipped
-Oct 18 (Tues) - No tracking email yet
-Oct 26 (Wed)- Contact them via website for tracking info. Someone emails me back around 4pm looking up the tracking and says it was dropped off at 1pm. I go home and it’s there! I do my impressions that night.
The tops looked good, but I’m afraid my bottom teeth scraped against the mold while pushing my teeth in. On one of the trials you CAN see my gum line, so I’m hoping for the best. See my pics and captions.

From reading the booklet they stress that they NEED to see your gum line to form the aligners. So I would suggest to everyone to try to push excess putty down into your gum line while waiting the 2 minutes, as well as pushing the teeth in as far as possible. When I felt my front teeth hit the tray I stopped. The blank tray you can see that there are tiny grooves at the bottom to prevent you from biting the WHOLE way down which would reveal blue tray.. If that make sense

-Oct 27- Dropped the impressions at a USPS mailbox, watching tracking closely…
-Oct 29 (sat)- tracking says the impressions were delivered saturday afternoon
-Oct 30 (sun)- receive email about how they haven’t received my impressions yet… weird. Hopefully I get an update soon
-Oct 31 (Mon)- Receive email that they have my impressions “Nice impressions (with clapping emoji)”. Email states to wait 3-5 days for them to look over the impressions. Does this mean they were approved?
-Nov 1- Someone called me to change my CC info as requested. They left a text message they’d call back tomorrow because I didn’t answer. Because of the election I have been screening my calls..
Nov 2: I looked online at my account and it said this:
“Success! We've received your materials, and they look great. Next, we'll start making models of your teeth.”
So I am assuming they were approved? First try! YAY!
- Nov 3 - Website account now says: “Our lab technicians are hard at work reviewing your data and creating 3D models of your teeth.”
So from other reviewers it sounds like I should get a treatment plan within a week or so?
**Note, no approval email and no one has followed up with my CC yet. I was going to wait until I have my treatment plan to call and change my CC and apply coupon all at the same time

- Nov 3 (Evening) - Receive email that they are beginning my treatment plan and it should be available for view in 7 to 10 business days. The emails notes I can contact them to preauthorize payment. I will probably do this. I could have my aligners by Christmas! I’m very excited.
Now the website says “Our lab technicians and orthodontists on staff are working together to create a customized plan that will be sure to make you smile.”

Overall the website seems to be the most accurate way to figure out progress. Changed two times in a day or so.

-Nov 7- Status on website has not changed yet. I called them to change by credit card since I could not do it via live chat. The rep said they would charge my CC the moment my treatment plan was created. They would start making them right away so I could have my aligners by Nov 27th! I forgot to ask about the coupon. So I sent them an email that night via their website to ask if I could apply a $150 or $100 coupon to my account I found on retailmenot.

I will continue to update this post. I hope to get my plan soon!

Exactly 7 business days after last SDC email

I check the website everyday.
Nov 14 - On website 9am or so: “You're all set! No action is needed from you at this time. So sit back, relax, and put a smile on your face.”

Noon: “Great news! Your treatment plan has been approved and your smile is ready to ship directly to your door. All you have to do is buy it.” - Now there is a “View Treatment Plan” link and pay button where I can input my order and coupon. (So what’s the deal with preauthorization?)

I looked at my treatment plan, its a pdf with only 8 pictures of before and afters. I was hoping for a more detailed plan. They do not look the same as other posters. My treatment will be 6 months.

Okay, I went back onto the website at 1pm because I was still unsure about the purchase. And now the Pay for aligners link is gone?! Idk what’s going on.
Checked my CC, and it looks like they already charged my credit card, that’s why the link disappeared. But it was for the full $1500 amount. I sent a live message to a rep named Gus. And he gave me a refund for $100 on my CC. Easy enough. So I suggest do not do the pre-authorization so you can easily apply the coupon in the future.
Now that the pay link is gone the website says again "You're all set! No action is needed from you at this time. So sit back, relax, and put a smile on your face."

Also, still no email yet.. Here are my before and after pics. I'm very excited to fix my bottom teeth!

Received my first month of aligners super early

Nov 20 - They are 3d printing my teeth models email
Nov 23 - Email that my aligners are on their way?! Wow that was quick. It includes a tracking number. I guess because I pre-authorized it they were expedited?
Nov 25 - Shipping took two days! And one of those days was Thanksgiving! I can't believe how fast I received my aligners. It took about a month plus a week to go from my initial pictures to having the aligners in my hands. I think because I preauthorized payment with my impression kit everything was set on a faster track. There was a slip of paper with the impression kit that I filled out to preauthorize payment.
So my treatment goes like this.. they send aligners in one month (3 sets of aligners) increments. You are told to wear the first set for one week, the second set for one week, then the third set for two weeks. The instructions say to wear them for at least 17 hours a day.
The first pair fit well. The top seems to be more snug than the bottom. I quick tried on my second week pair, and it seems like they get more snug as the treatment goes along. I was worried because my current bottom pair has a bit of space between the aligner and my actual teeth. I guess this is this way to have my teeth become accustomed to aligners. I hope they next pairs with "engage" with my teeth better. I feel absolutely no pain at all with this first pair. I will update soon.
Thanks for reading!