Sick From Implants : En Bloc Capsulectomy date Nov 2016

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 94 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr Feng in December...

I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr Feng in December and intend to give a full and honest review of my experience both physical and emotional. I could not find any reviews that give a list of all symptoms before and after so I intend to do this (over the years) in the hope of helping other women in the same situation.

I'm 50 something years of age and have had implants for 30 years. Both silicone and under the musle. I went from 34a to 34b and then to 34c.

I started getting body pains within approx 5 years of the first implants but was repeatedly told "nothing to do with the impants". Being young and nieve I believed the "doctors".

Fast forward to present day and my symptoms now comprise:

Anxiety, depression and panic attacks
Breast pain
Capsular contracture
Cognitive dysfunction (brain fog, difficulty concentrating, memory loss)
Dehydration for no reason
Dry eyes, decline in vision, vision disturbances and twitching eyes
Estrogen / progesterone imbalance prior to HRT
Fatigue
Fevers, night sweats, intolerant to heat (not hormonal as now on HRT)
Food intolerance and allergies
Frequent urination
Fungal infections, yeast infections, candida, sinus infections
Gastrointestinal and digestive issues
General chest discomfort shortness of breath
Hair loss, dry skin and hair
Headaches
Heart palpitations, changes in normal heart rate or heart pain
Hyper adrenal symptoms
Hyper thyroid symptoms
Itchy skin
Liver and kidney dysfunction
Loss of pleasurable nipple sensation which are now painful
Loss of libido
Liver and kidney problems
Muscle pain and weakness, joint pain
Nausea
Bacterial and viral infections
Numbness/tingling sensations in upper and lower limbs
Pain and or burning sensation around implant, underarm, arms and hands.
Pain in chest area and pectoral muscles
Pain in neck and shoulders
Poor sleep and insomnia
Slow clearing of common colds and flues
Slow muscle recovery after activity
Sore and aching joints
Swollen and tender lymph nodes in breast area, underarm, throat, neck, groin
Throat clearing, cough, difficulty swallowing, choking, reflux
Vertigo

I had to give working a couple of years ago but thankfully put enough money away over the years to keep me going.

I will be delighted if I feel even 50% better after explant :-)

Oh yes, almost forgot to mention - my husband is a boob man and he has only every known me with implants so will have that to deal with as well :-(

I am obviously angry about the corruption in this industry and how they have managed to lie and cover up the damage that silicone is doing to people and destroying lives but I am putting all my energy into improving my health and hopefully getting some sort of life back. Who knows, maybe if I get enough energy back I will take further action in any way I can to help others.

2 Months Post Explant : Improvements in Health already !!!!

Hello ladies and sorry for the late update.
My surgery with Dr Feng went very well, 2.5 hours. She removed the implants enbloc (with the capsule intact), pulled down the detached upper pectorial muscles and stitched them back to where they should be, she also scrapped my ribs to remove capsule from my first set of implants and removed scar tissue due to severe capsular constracture.
The first 3-4 weeks were hard – I won’t sugar coat it – I was in a great deal of pain immediately after surgery and this continued for a week or two. I had a reaction to the antibiotics and pain killers so felt absolutely crap. I guess the reason I was in such bad shape was due to having being so ill before surgery. 30 years of 30+ chemicals slowly leaking/sweating into my system really took its toll on my physical and mental health and virtually collapsed my immune system.
Today, 2 months post op, I am feeling great. I just can’t believe how much better I feel! ? I honestly did not expect to feel this much better this soon. I had prepared myself for the worst and thought it would take at least 6 months.
As for how I look, well that is a different story ? As I have not been able to lift anything for over a year and lost the use of my right arm, I have lost all my upper body muscle including any chest muscles. I am now pretty much skin and bone and ribs with two small misshapen boobs that sit too low. I think I am 34AA but not bothering to look at bras just now. Despite all this I am sooooo happy. I feel soooo much better. I am sooooo glad I explanted and wish I have found this website or one of the many others on silicone poisoning so I could have had them out sooner.
As promised I will update every month or so with details on how my health has improved. To date they are as follows;-
Anxiety, depression and panic attacks (almost gone)
Breast pain (almost gone)
Brain fog, difficulty concentrating, memory loss (50% better)
Dehydration for no reason (30% better)
Dry eyes (30% better)
Fatigue (60% better)
Fevers, night sweats (70% better)
Frequent urination (30% better)
Fungal infections, yeast infections, candida (no change)
Sinus infections & blocked sinuses (all gone)
Gastrointestinal and digestive issues (70% better)
General chest discomfort shortness of breath (all gone)
Hair loss, dry skin and hair (30% better)
Headaches (70% better)
Heart palpitations (gone)
Hyper adrenal symptoms (not sure)
Hyper thyroid symptoms (not sure)
Itchy skin (same)
Liver and kidney problems (not sure)
Loss of pleasurable nipple sensation & pain in one nipple (not sure)
Loss of libido (too early to tell ?)
Muscle pain and weakness, joint pain (50% better)
Nausea (gone)
Bacterial and viral infections (haven’t had any)
Numbness/tingling sensations in upper and lower limbs (50% better)
Pain and or burning underarm, arms and hands (50% better)
Pain in chest area and pectoral muscles (too early to tell)
Pain in neck and shoulders (70% better)
Poor sleep and insomnia (no change)
Slow clearing of common colds and flues (haven’t had any)
Slow muscle recovery after activity (too early to tell)
Swollen and tender lymph nodes (80% better)
Throat clearing, cough, difficulty swallowing, choking (80% better)
Vertigo (gone)

For info, I am eating a very healthy diet, lots of vegetable juice and taking 20+ vitamins, minerals and suplements a day. I will start on protein drinks and weight training in another month or so.

I was so ill from the silicone implants that I had to give up work and now only 2 months post explants I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am confident I will be able to return to work in a few months. I didn’t think I would work again or even be able to do gardening or hovering ever again.

I could not be happier with my decision to explant.
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

I went with Dr Feng as I was so sick from the silicone implants and I could not find an experienced explant surgeon in the UK. (If you are symptomatic ALL BREAST IMPLANTS SHOULD BE REMOVED EN BLOC WITH A TOTAL CAPSULECTOMY). Despite an exhausting and painful journey to/from the USA I am so glad I had surgery with Dr Feng. It is major surgery but worth it to get on the road to recovery.