24-No Braces Before with Crowding - Ocean City, MD

So I spent about 1 month researching SDC before...

So I spent about 1 month researching SDC before finally taking the plunge. On May 6th I put in my card number and ordered the impression kit. I'm extremely self conscious over my smile and I figured this may be too good to be true... But I'm dying for a pretty smile. They had me fill out some forms online and take my photo assessment before they charged my card and shipped me the kit. Of course I did all that on the end of business Friday, and had an excruciating wait until Monday the 9th saying "Congrats you've been approved!" I received my impression kit on Friday the 13th in the mail. I had read previous reviews saying others needed a large tray because they had wisdom teeth, so I sent an e-mail right away saying I had them, so could you package large trays in my box before you ship them? Of course they responded within 24 hours and sent me large trays. I completed my impression trays right away and dropped them off at the FedEx nearest me on Saturday the 14th. It's now Wednesday the 18th and I haven't heard yet but my FedEx office said they wouldn't deliver until Monday AM. I'm so incredibly impatient, but saving thousands of dollars AND lots of hours at a dentist is really worth the wait thus far. I will update when I hear back. I'm hoping for the best!

Starter trays came today

So this afternoon I had a surprise delivery of my starter trays! I say surprised because I didn't get an e-mail stating that I had completed my impression trays correctly. Either way... I of course raced to the bathroom to brush and floss and put my starter trays in! I had to do only one small spot of filing otherwise they fit perfectly, snug, but I have a feeling that's the idea. I called them and had less then a 2 minute wait to speak to someone to confirm my fit. She told me that I haven't had my treatment plan finished yet and said I would receive an e-mail when it was ready. I could have had my card auto billed for the treatment when it's ready, but I'd prefer to wait to make sure everything is right when I slap down 1,500 bucks. With my starter trays I was given a whitening kit, chewies, my "outie," an emery board and my carrying case. I personally expect the wait for my treatment plan to be ready in about a month considering the length of time it took for them to approve and create my starter trays. I will update when I hear again. So far I'm pretty happy with the service... the wait is painful, but paying 5X the cost of SDC would be even more painful! I've attached a photo of my teeth with the trays on them, almost invisible unless you're really looking for them!

Just ordered my treatment plan!

My starter trays came on the 7th and I received an e-mail for my treatment plan on June 10th by e-mail. They sent me a file that has to be opened in adobe reader on a computer. It's a really neat 3D model that you can see all of the movements on your teeth through each tray. I'm very excited and JUST ordered them today (June 12th.) I was told it should take about 21 days before they are shipped out and I will get a confirmation when they are ready and headed my way. EEK! My plan is 40 total trays, top and bottom, and I have to wear them each for 2 weeks. 10 months of my life to have a pretty smile sounds like a good deal to me, I was worried it would take much longer.

I will note that I've been "practicing" with the starter trays and it really isn't a big deal. Take them out to eat and drink. I've also been told by others that have invisible aligners that they will drink light colored liquids with them in and just brush their teeth when they get home if they aren't in a spot to brush and floss before putting them back in. I am young and enjoy my time out and having a few beers so that was a good thing to hear.

Received my trays!!

I received my trays today. I paid the whole total upfront and was under the impression I would receive my whole treatment at once but that isn't the case. I've only received 3 trays(six total but 3 pairs.) Also some contradictory information in my packets. My nifty 3D treatment plan said I would have 40 trays and it would take 10 months to complete and I would be on a 2 week wear schedule but the pamphlet said wear each tray for 3 weeks at a time. Simple math says only wear for 2 weeks, but I've hated my smile for long enough... I want to do it right. I reached out asking about when I will get the rest of my treatment and how long I will be needing to wear my trays for and I'll update. It will probably not be until the 5th of July I'm sure they aren't in the office this weekend answering questions.
Smile Direct Club