Smile Direct Club for my One Crooked Tooth - Oakland, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I just got my aligners in the mail yesterday. I...

I just got my aligners in the mail yesterday. I put them on and they didn't feel too tight. Taking them on and off is a pain and it kinda hurts. You can't eat while wearing your aligners so on the plus side it will keep me from mindlessly snacking. I also got the whitening gel that comes with it, so we will see!

Are my teeth straight yet!?!

Today is day 3 of wearing my aligners. Everytime I take them off Im like "are my teeth straight yet?! I don't want to wear these anymore!" Today the pain was so unbearable because they dig into my gums and the webbing under my tongue. So I called customer service and asked it they could make the next shipment shorter. They said they couldn't but that I could cut them and file them down. I cut them and filed them with an emory -board that they include and now they are so much more comfortable!!!
Also I found my treatment plan online and I only have 3 months of treatment. But I think I'll buy the retainers when I'm done.

Week 2

Put on my week 2 aligners today. they feel tight which is good.
This is a picture from yesterday when I wasn't wearing my aligners.

Teeth after week 1

Week 2.5

End of month one.

So tomorrow will be the end of month one. I don't see a difference at all. Which would be fine except that my treatment plan is only 3 months which is crazy. I anticipate having problems with this company in the future.

After 4 trays

After tray 6

My teeth are definitely getting straighter, but I only have 3 trays left. I wonder if they will match my treatment plan.

You had ONE job

So I "finished" my treatment which was 3 months. I was almost certain that that was too short of a treatment period. But whatever. My teeth are not at all straight like my treatment plan shows. But I get to do refinement... so I'll see how that goes

Refinement!

So I got 3 months of treatment in the mail! So far I have completed "one month" I'm moving really through the trays really slowly because I keep forgetting to go to the next one and I end up wearing the trays for too long but maybe that's good? Because my teeth are looking straighter now! This is at the end of "month" one but it's actually been like 2 months maybe more.

(I also have lip injections)
Smile direct club

The whole thing is pretty hands off which kinda freaks me out. I never met a doctor or got evaluated in person. But I guess that's why it's cheaper than Invisalign...