30 Yo, Sick of Wearing Loose Pants - NYC

For so long I hated my labia & unsightly, fatty,...

For so long I hated my labia & unsightly, fatty, bulging mons.
Honestly, I never knew I had a problem until about 10-12 yrs ago during a routine GYN exam the GYN said to me, "wow you have a very prominent pubic area, you must be very embarrassed". Well I was every second of every day after that...
I was so embarrassed. I always have to wear loose, baggy pants & long shirts. Would never be able to wear a bathing suit, shorts or any kind of thin material.
I did research surgery options for quite a long time. Everything kept bringing me back to Dr Gary Alter. I did email him, he responded with a few hours. I did book the surgery in NYC (he primarily practices in Beverly Hills but does go to NYC as well).
This was such a humiliating problem for me I told NO ONE about my shame or my scheduled surgery.
The week before the surgery I did end up telling my mom as I did need someone there with me for 24hrs after surgery (doctors rule). I actually didn't even tell her what I was having done, she didn't find out until the nurse told her when I was in recovery lol

I did have labia majora reduction with lipo of mons on August 21st.
I'm still healing. I definitely notice an improvement.
The first 10 days were pretty rough. Not real bad pain just discomfort. It didn't help that I did end up having bronchitis that started my first post-op day.
It wasn't until about 2 days ago that I could really sit down comfortably. It's like 2 days ago someone hit a switch & I just started overall feeling much much better.

Labiaplasty

I did finally post my review as I feel RealSelf has really helped me before & after my surgery. Also, I did find a lot regarding labia minor reduction but did have a hard time finding much about labia majora reduction & mons lipo so wanted to put it out there for other women that may be having the same difficulty.
I did not include pictures at this point, I know myself I do find the pictures very helpful but I am still mentally trying to cope with everything. I know to some it may seem silly but this 'defect' has caused me much, much humiliation, shame & embarrassment; its consumed by thoughts every single day, almost at least ever hour of every day for years now.
I have been single after my last relationship ending as I have been afraid to be intimate with anyone.
I do have a few photos of before & some now while I'm healing that hopefully at some point I can share.
If anyone is reading this & experiencing a similar problem if I can be of any help with surgery questions please feel free to comment or private message me!
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Dr Alter was absolutely wonderful. From the first email to him he always answers, himself, within a few hours usually. He even personally called me that night after my surgery (on a Friday night!) to check on me. His knowledge & skill makes him one of the best in the world with oth female & male genital surgery. I did have a cosmetic procedure in 2006 that did not go well with another plastic surgeon (lipo of upper arms) so although Dr. Alter is more expensive than most, for me I was willing to pay for his expertise, experience & knowledge (boy was there a HUGE difference in my experience this time around). I was worried, I had read some reviews that he was arrogant, especially as I was humiliated to begin with. I don't think he's at all arrogant!! He's very confident, which he should be, he's earned that right. He was incredibly down to earth, understanding & honest with expectations. Speaking to Dr Alter was actually the first time I had ever discussed this issue with anyone, ever, and he made me feel incredibly at ease. I'm sure he has to be a very busy man but he made me feel like I was his only patient taking time with me before and after surgery. Would also like to say Molly (the nurse at the surgical center in NYC) was excellent. I did feel at ease and comfortable with her before and after my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Alter to anyone considering any type on gential surgery. You made have to travel & you may have to wait a little longer to save up the money but he is well worth it!! I really can't express in words how grateful I am to him and for the confidence & comfort he has given me (& that's at 12 days post-op, can't wait to really see the results at 3-6 months!)