64 Years Old Second Facelift - Exeter, GB

I had a facelift in my early 40's which was great,...

I had a facelift in my early 40's which was great, but now 24 years on I have been finding myself doing a double take when I look in the mirror as my sagging face doesn't feel like 'me',so reckoned it was time to think about having the procedure again.
My surgeon gave me a lot of confidence, but also made be think realistically about what can be achieved second time around, and at an older age. After careful consideration I decided to give it a go, so had my op 8th Nov.....here's how it's going...

Day6

Feeling LOADS better today. My pain has suddenly dropped, so didn't need painkillers today (or yesterday. Washing my hair has been a big milestone. Since the second day I have been out, walking on the beach with the dog and husband. I am driving now that my neck is less stiff. Having a couple of curious girlfriends over for lunch on Wednesday so that should be fun, I wonder what they will make of it? I get my staples out tomorrow which will be great because right now they feel very tight and uncomfortable. Took a sleeping tablet last night though, as I had hardly slept since my surgery. I never take them normally, but I was just desperate for a good nights sleep. I think maybe that's why I feel better today?

day6 pics

days 9 and 10

Feeling loads better now I can sleep and wash my hair!! I went to a department store beauty counter to get some advice on covering the bruises. The assistant was lovely. I liked the products so much I have decided to ditch all my old make-up and replace it with new Clarins products which I love.

Going to my husband's school reunion tomorrow. My surgeon said he didn't think I would be recovered enough to go, but I think I will be fine....

day 9/10

So nice to be able to sleep, wash my hair and put on some make-up. Plus much more comfortable now my swollen ears have gone down

three weeks post

Quite pleased with the results, just hope they will last for a while!
Posting some before and after pics

more before and after pics

profile 3 weeks post
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

To date I cannot fault Mr Palmer. He took plenty of time explaining what was, and what was not possible. I was warned of all possible outcomes and told the options and never felt pressured at all. I was told I by Mr Palmer that he could also do my eyes to improve the lines around them, although he made it clear it would not be possible to eradicate all lines with surgery, however I decided that I didn't want to do this at this time as I felt for me it would be too long a recovery time. I may have my eyes done next year.