25yr Old, Mastopexy Reduction, Implants Due in 6 Months - Nuffield, GB

I had a mastopexy reduction just 12 days ago at a...

I had a mastopexy reduction just 12 days ago at a private hospital called The Nuffield in Exeter, Devon. My surgeon is amazing and I'm so happy with my lift that I am waiting 6 months to decide whether or not I would like implants. The implants used here are Nagor, manufactured in the UK with an excellent reputation. The total cost for both operations for me was £6410.
Usually it would cost £5042 for the lift and £4800 for the implants.
I was offered a reduced price to have a "mini-lift" and breast augmentation at the same but I decided I wanted two separate operations because I might be happy with the results of the lift and not want the implants as I have a good amount of breast tissue (a full C cup)
I am SO happy!
I am lacking in upper pole fullness which the implants would achieve because a well-fitting bra will only give me good cleavage but I've decided to give myself 6 months to decide whether or not I want the implants and my surgeon offered the reduced price still, which is incredible!
My reason for doing this is because I am only 25, I went from a UK clothes size 12 to size 16 and now I am size 10 and in weight I went from 9st 7lb to my heaviest at 14st 12lb to now being 9st 1lb and my breasts went from 34E pre-pregnancy and severe weight gain to a whopping 36GG to a droopy 32D / 32C but I had A LOT of excess skin.
I wish I had it done sooner! Don't wait! You will not regret it x
I will keep updating my journey and if I decide to have the implants I will of course tell you all about it ????

"Mummy's boobies looks funny" says my darling 3yr old at a family BBQ

I haven't told everybody what I've had done. They know I've had skin removed but not from which body part. I want to avoid the stereotyping of "she had a boob job" because like many of you, this means a lot to me and was not done in vain.. people will eventually see when I have my implants because I will be slowly sharing my journey and people will notice a huge change in my personality. Besides, when you're paying this much, you're going to want to show them off! Here is my first boobie purchase; a bathing costume for my holiday to Turkey in July :-D

Seeing my incisions for the first time! 10 days Post-op

I'll be honest it wasn't a nice experience, changing my micropore tape, but if I want to heal well then it's something I must do every 3-5 days. So far I'm happy with my incisions but I have been advised that they will darken as they heal :-( hopefully not too much!

14 days Post-op & Healing well

Changing my micropore tape for the second time was much easier than the first! I seem to be healing better on my left breast which was in fact re-opened to remove more tissue! I have full sensation in both breasts :-)

Let's talk IMPLANTS - high profile? round? silicone 360cc, over the muscle or under?

Sooo my breasts are the smallest they have ever been and whilst I am so happy with my lift, I am lacking in volume and as my breasts heal from the mastopexy and the swelling goes down, they are becoming smaller. I have 6 months to decide but I'm already researching. I know for sure that I want silicone implants no smaller than 330cc but I have discussed 360cc with my surgeon. My waist is 31 inch. Initially, because of my petite build, he was set on placing the implants under the muscle, otherwise known as sub-muscular/sub-pectoral but recently, following a seminar he attended with other surgeons, he has recommended going over the muscle, otherwise known as sub-glandular. He mentioned this is better for patients who have experienced significant weight loss but we spoke more regarding my upcoming msstopexy and so we will talk more about this when I see him in 6 week time. I'm unsure which to decide on seeing as he has recommended both for my figure? I'm also unsure whether I want round implants or teardrop, looking at my breasts now which would you recommend? I would like the implants to be placed as high as possible without this making my nipples appear downward facing and I would also like really nice cleavage (before pregnancy and weight gain then weight loss, I had lovely cleavage and so I know this can be achieved) ladies, please help me to decide x

Why :( Bra change every 1-2 days, micropore tape changed every 4 days, never touch breasts without clean hands..

I have been routinely caring for myself, making sure I'm clean, eating well, not lifting anything I deem too heavy including my 3yr old little girl. I change my post-surgery bra every couple of days, sometimes everyday. I am gutted this has happened and hope it doesn't affect my scarring.

I suspected last week that a problem may occur as it looked like my skin hadn't been pulled together enough at the join of my vertical and horizontal incision.
My right breast began to feel hot and itchy yesterday and I noticed weeping today in the same area that caused concern last week.
I am seeing my surgeon on Wednesday so he can check me over but today my GP covered the wound with a patch of iodine and prescribed antibiotics for 5 days just to be safe.
Apart from that I'm healing well (on my other breast) and feeling well.
I cannot wait to return to the gym!

P.s my post-surgery bras were from ASDA and only cost £12 for two! They are perfect! and I bought them following my surgeons recommendation!
I originally bought two 'Macom' post-surgery bras totalling £68 but they weren't comfortable and I could not have slept in them for 8 weeks. It just goes to show "you get what you pay for" isn't always true :)

My AMAZING & extremely comfortable post-surgery bras which are £12 for two!!!

In the UK this is so cheap for two bras it's unbelievable and I wouldn't have bought them if my surgeon hadn't recommended them.
I've always been taught "quality over quantity" and "You get what you pay for" which translates to: if you buy something very cheap then it is likely to turn out to be of rubbish quality.
Certainly not the case here!
I've told everybody I know about these bras because I just can't believe how great they are!
(I bought and returned two MACOM bras which were £68 because they were not as comfortable)

Is anybody else having an issue with the site? I haven't been able to upload photos since my last post! SO ANNOYING

I want to be part of this community but I have no idea what is going on. It's very disheartening!

Long time no update! Please recommend implant 'cc' size, profile and placement (submuscular or subglandular)

I've haven't been on here as much lately because of issues with the site and being unable to upload photos! and so the photos being uploaded are actually a mixture from last week (6th June & 9th June) and today 17th June. I saw my surgeon Weds and he's happy with my healing and has told me I can stop wearing the microporous tape and I can return to the gym :) (which I did that day haha)  the week prior, I completed  a course of antibiotics to clear up the infection and he advised it shouldn't affect my scarring at all. I now need to have a long think about implants. I'm concerned about the implants projecting my breasts outward more, when really, I want the implants to lift my breasts a bit more and give me upper-pole volume and cleavage. Please recommend implant 'cc' size, profile (high/ultra high) and placement (submuscular or subglandular). I believe round implants will gibe more upper breast fullness than teardrop?

I'm measuring 32D/ 32C and I'm pretty happy with them but considering implants for upper pole fullness

I'd like to be able to wear a low cut dress/ top without a bra and know that they look amazing. I'm still unsure on implant CC and positioning?

BA booked for March 2017, 300cc ? Currently 4 months post bilateral Mastopexies/reduction

I recently met up with my surgeon for a review and I have decided I would like to go ahead with implants in the New Year.
He has recommended I go no larger than 300cc and to consider 275-300cc. I'm opting for round silicone with high profile and he has recommended placement under the muscle so as not to interfere with my breast tissue because my Mastopexy was so recent. I am currently a 34C but my waist usually measures 32inch (guilty of gaining some weight but I've enjoyed myself haha) I'm 5ft2 and weigh 9st 3lb.
I have some assymetry but I'm okay with that and don't think I need different sized implants.
I keep reading about 'boob greed' and wondering whether I should have bigger implants than 300cc to achieve a DD cup?

Random name change and profile photo removal as a work colleague found my profile

So awkward.
The shock on her face as she asked about my 'before' boobies was mortifying. She is not someone I talk to.. ever. I secretly hope she is in a similar position which is why she is on this site.
Anyway.. I'm now bigboobslittleboobs ????
Dr Andrew Watts

Amazing! Professional, skilled, understanding and comforting.