440 Cc Mentor MemoryShape Breast Implants -Northbrook, IL

As a trans woman nearing the end of my transition...

As a trans woman nearing the end of my transition (male-to-female), I was not satisfied with the breast growth (small B-cup) that I was able to achieve on hormone treatment alone. I chose to have form-stable, shaped silicone implants placed under the pectoral muscles (dual plane) via an incision in the breast fold. My original goal was to increase my breast size to a full C-cup, but in consultation with my surgeon, I agreed to a D-cup to achieve better proportion with my frame (38 inch band). I was interested in the highly cohesive silicone (gummy bear) implants because they are the least likely to rupture, and should they rupture, the silicone will not leak. These implants, which have a textured surface, are also less likely to experience capsular contracture. My natural breast tissue is quite dense, very similar to these implants. Subpectoral implants require a longer recovery, but I was amazed at how soon into my recovery I felt comfortable and regained my range of motion in my arms. I wore the surgical bra for the first 3 weeks and then used a sports bra until after my 4 week follow-up with my doctor. I am completely happy with my new boobs. I feel so much more confident as a woman, and my clothes fit so much better.
Chicago General Surgeon

The first thing I noticed about Dr. Krochmal was how handsome he is. Okay, I know that's not what this review is all about, so I'll focus on more substantive matters....I did a lot of research on plastic surgeons in the Chicago area looking for one who I thought would best meet my breast augmentation needs as a trans woman, now 3 years into my transition, and having topped out at small B-cup breasts. I was looking for a surgeon who is comfortable working with all the implant types and sizes, placements, and incision locations to select a method and product appropriate for my age, frame, and self-image. Dr. Krochmal spent nearly two hours with me during consultation to come up with what we both agreed was the best plan. I had many questions which he answered in detail, even acknowledging one or two that he didn't have an answer for. Dr. Krochmal put me at ease right from the start, and being transgender was not an issue in any way for him or his staff. I felt very much at ease preparing for and going into surgery, having met the attending nurse, Jodi, and visited by the anesthesiologist who answered a few questions I had. Every step of the way was carried out in an organized, professional manner, including my interaction with Jill, the patient coordinator, and the people at the front desk. Everything proceeded smoothly from initial consultation to final follow-up. I was very impressed. My recovery was monitored by the doctor in three follow-up appointments that were quite routine because I experienced no complications, and my incisions were healing beautifully. Dr. Krochmal even suggested a treatment for some old hypertrophic scars that had not healed well. I appreciated the fact that MAE Plastic Surgery is located in a NW suburb of Chicago with plenty of free parking. I have no reservations about recommending MAE Plastic Surgery and Dr. Krochmal.