56 Years, Finally Getting Breast Reduction After Years of Wishing - Sydney, AU

After having each of my three children my once...

After having each of my three children my once compact and firm breasts (b to c cup) gradually increased to a DD bordering on E. The left side has always been bigger, but the discrepancy has become more noticeable the as the breasts have increased in size. I know DD isn't all that huge, but being small and high waisted they are out of proportion with my torso size. It's as if my waist is where the breasts end, no midriff. I can't wear tank tops or stappy dresses as I always need to wear heavy duty bras. Swimwear is also a problem for me. I have also noticed in recent years the underwire digging in at the sides which is very uncomfortable as well.

I did a fair amount of research online and have decided to go ahead with Dr Ellis Choy from Zilver Lining, Northbridge in Sydney. He had excellent reviews from his patients on Real Self, and upon meeting with him and his staff I felt extremely confident about my upcoming procedure. He explained everything in extreme detail and showed me previous procedures he has performed. He spent over an hour talking with me about every aspect and I signed up to proceed with it on that very day. I should also mention I am having an upper eyelid reduction at the same time. My surgery is on Thurs 24 March (6 days time!). I have requested a moderate reduction (and lift). I am looking forward to it actually, and not that worried (so far anyway). Will try and post again soon. Wish me luck!

Correction to costing

Please note on my original post I mentioned $20,000 but this was in US$. The cost is around $15,000AU. I should also receive $1,300 or so rebate from Medicare and health fund. All the hospital part is covered also (I hope...)

Sorry for upside down pics. Don't know what happened..I couldn't rotate them)

It's happening today

Well I'm leaving for Castlecrag hospital in a couple of hours. My surgery is scheduled for 1.30pm today. Wish me luck... Am slightly nervous but looking forward to the results. Can't eat anything else. Had a light breakfast at 7.00.
Will post again as soon as possible.

Home from hospital this afternoon

I had the procedures yesterday and only needed he one night in hospital. My pain is very minimal so far. Managing with only paracetamol. I am so happy with Dr Choy . His bedside manner is second to none. He phoned my husband after the surgery to let him know how it all went. He is very caring and informative. I saw my breasts today when they changed the bandages. They are still swollen and Dr Choy said they will go down a further 30% or so. Also they are sitting up quite high and this will loosen up over time into a more natural position. But I am happy with everything so far. The upper blepharoplasty also went well. I'm glad to be in my own comfy bed and will post some breast pictures soon.

P.S.

I forgot to tell you that 350grams was taken from right side and 450 gr from the left.

A few photos

Laying in bed, can't sleep. So decided to do a quick post. Here are pics of eyes one day post and one of my beautiful support garment. Still feel ok.... Just paracetamol .

One more

Update 8-9 Weeks Post

Ok guys sorry I haven't updated my posts for a while..
The surgery was on 24 March 2016.
Dr Choy came to see me prior to mark out my breasts with a felt pen. He explained what he was going to do in a lot of detail and asked if I had any questions.

The surgery went well. Dr Choy personally phoned my husband straight after the op to assure him everything had gone well. We thought this was such a lovely and reassuring touch. I have very sketchy memory of the next ten hours or so, but I do remember however Dr Choy phoning me a while after the surgery to touch base with me and assure me all went well, and he would see me the following day.

He called in the next day and again told me the surgery all went very well. He said he would see me in his rooms in a week. I spent just the one night In Castlecrag Hospital. I was amazed that the post op pain was quite bearable. I only minimal needed pain relief (Paracetamol ) during my stay in the hospital.

I've got to say I am so happy with the outcome, and my only regret is not having done it years ago. The result looks perfectly natural, a nice shape and proportion has been restored, and they are nicely lifted and the result is very nice and natural looking. There is obviously still more healing ahead, but three weeks post op they were already looking great. I was initially a bit itchy and tender, but there was hardly any bruising. The scars now 8 weeks post op are minimal and healing very well. I am now in bras after wearing a special support/compression garment for the first 6 weeks. The bras I've got are 36D. My breasts look smaller than D to me but I am quite broad across the chest.

All in all I would like to highly recommend Dr Choy and his team. Upon contacting his office I immediately noticed the professional manner my enquiry was handled by his office staff. They were very knowledgable, friendly and efficient.
At my consultations I found Dr Choy to be very personable and easy to talk to. He was understanding of my concerns and answered all my questions to my satisfaction.
If I were to have any other procedures in future Dr Choy would be my choice.

6 month update

I haven't posted for ages. 6 months post breast reduction.
Well it's been 6 months already. The breasts have softened a lot and dropped a little. The scars are fading slowly. I'm treating with Bio Oil, and try to do each day.... Sometimes forget though. All going well... Only thing is I'm starting to think I went too small. And a little concerned about nipple shape. They are elongated rather than round. I'm wondering if it will improve when the scarring around the nipple heals and smooths out... Fingers crossed....
Re the size, I asked for a lot smaller so it was purely my choice.... But I wish I was a size larger. I hope I don't end up wanting implants now.... How ironic!

Eye lip update

A quick update re my eyes. The eyelid op was successful.
The scar is improving and it's a fine white line. There is no discomfort or anything, They only thing is a bit of numbness which is noticeable when I'm putting on eye makeup. Not a problem at all though.
I highly recommend this procedure. If you're considering it don't put it off. Reap the benefit for as long as you can. It does have a rejuvenating effect.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon