Realistic Expectations of Removal (Partial And/or Full) North Carolina, NC

I recently posted this in a discussion, but was...

I recently posted this in a discussion, but was encouraged to start a review in hopes to generate more feedback/advice.

Hey guys,
I recently got a tattoo (my 3rd) on my wrist/forearm area and began to regret it as soon as I left the shop. The tattoo itself is very well done and looks great, but I can't help but think I made a HUGE mistake with the size and location. I don't want to tell anyone about it (other than a few who knew I was getting it) and have been looking into laser removal. I was just hoping that maybe some of you who are currently going through it could give me some feedback and insight as to whether or not it is practical for me to even consider laser removal, or if this is something I'm just going to have to learn to accept and live with. I'm the type of person who can read 100 good reviews about something and then see 1 bad review and only be able to focus on the bad one. I'm incredibly worried that the laser treatment won't work and would leave my tattoo looking worse off than if I just left it alone. Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Where I'm at now...

I realized I just posted my review yesterday, but I've been researching and considering the removal process for a few weeks now. I've decided to set up a consultation for the end of October, giving my tattoo over 10+ weeks of healing time. The place I've looked into does in fact have the Picosure laser, so I will be interested to see what kind of results they think will be possible with it, as well as how much it will cost. The price will definitely factor into whether or not this is something I will be able to pursue now, or if I'll have to wait for a bit longer. I've also been wondering if it would be possible to remove parts of the tattoo that bother me the most (the leaves) and leave the flowers, or if it would make more sense to remove it all. Has anyone else gone through removal for just specific parts of a tattoo? Also, has anyone had any experience/success covering their tattoo with dermablend or a similar product? I'm not quite ready for my family to see it yet and don't want to have to explain why I'm wearing long sleeves when it's still 90 degrees outside!

Consultation is set...

I have officially set a consultation for October 24th. I'm very nervous about what they're going to tell me when I go. However, I definitely feel more prepared going into the appointment since I've joined this community! I feel like I now know what to look for and what questions to ask, which is always a good thing... Especially with something as major as tattoo removal! I was told that they typically begin the procedure the day of the consultation, so we'll see if I go through with that or not. I'll be sure to update once the 24th gets here, until then I'll keep reading everyone's stories and hoping for great results!

First laser treatment is complete!

I had my consultation for laser removal today and decided to move forward with the process. I was quoted 7 treatments for the removal process, but after being on this forum, I realistically expect several more beyond that. I'm being treated with the picosure laser, so I'm interested to see if it lives up to its expectations. I was injected with a numbing solution prior to the procedure, so I didn't feel anything at all during the treatment. It was very quick, less than 5 minutes I think. I will post pictures tomorrow since my arm is currently wrapped.

Day 1 post-treatment #1

Here's a photo of the tattoo one day after the first treatment. It looks a little red and swollen still, but I think part of that is from having it wrapped. So far I haven't experienced any negative side effects, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it heals up nicely without any issues. I think there might be some tiny blisters at the very top of the tattoo, but it's kind of hard to tell since the ink is so dark. It also looks like the lines in the flowers basically disappeared, so I'm hoping that they stay gone and don't reappear in a few days.

Day 4 post-treatment 1

There is definitely some blistering and scabbing going on with the top part of the tattoo. It's not painful, so that's a positive. Just wondering on average how long most of you experienced blistering and/or scabbing. I know everyone is different, but input is appreciated! Also, would you recommend keeping it well moisturized during this time or kind of letting it heal on its own?

...won't let me post a picture from my phone. Will post next time I'm on my computer.

I've been rather slack...

So I've gotten totally behind in posting updates and whatnot, but things have been kind of crazy as of late. Anyway, I'm going to try to post some updated photos (hopefully in correct order) so you can see what's been going on. I really haven't had any issues with the healing process, other than the tattoo getting really dried out and peeling, but I started applying some aquaphor and that helped a lot. It seems to be pretty much healed up at this point, 3 weeks post treatment. I've noticed some very minimal fading and slight breaking up of some of the lines. I'm not sure how well it'll show up in photos though.

2nd appointment scheduled!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in several months, but there hasn't been too much to share. However, I finally called and scheduled my 2nd appointment, which will be this Friday (23rd). I will update after the procedure and let everyone know how it goes!

Treatment 2= Complete!

Treatment 2 is officially in the books. As last time, it was very quick and painless. I was given a topical and injectable numbing solution, so I didn't actually feel anything during the procedure. I know they turned the laser up some, but I'm not exactly sure what setting it was on. Hopefully the healing process goes smoothly this time as well. I'll try to post pictures either tonight or tomorrow once I unwrap it. I have my fingers crossed that I'll see some more fading this time around.

24 hours post Treatment 2

So it's been 24 hours since treatment 2. There is some redness and my wrist is still pretty swollen, but other than that all is well. Hope to continue to see fading this time around, too.

1 week post Treatment 2

So it's been 1 week since my 2nd treatment. Seems to be healing up nicely so far. It's been pretty dry the past day or two, so I imagine it will start peeling soon. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but there is some breakup in some of the lines on the sides and bottom. Hoping for some good fading this time around!

1 week post Treatment 2

Tried to take some close up photos so you can see where some some of the lines are beginning to break up.

Treatment 3 Completed

Hey y'all! Just wanted to give a quick update. I had my 3rd Picosure treatment done on Friday (27th). I was told that the laser went from a setting of 3.3 to 2.8 this time, and I can certainly see some lasting redness/blistering that is usually gone by this point. Anyway, it's still pretty swollen as well, but otherwise seems to be doing fine. Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting pics yet, but I've been pretty sick all week and have had zero amounts of energy. I will try to get some pics posted either later today or tomorrow!

Right now my biggest concern is to figure out how well I'm going to be able to cover this thing up with makeup for my cousin's wedding on April 25th. Only one person in my family knows I have this tattoo and I'm trying to avoid all of the drama that I know it will cause if people see it for the first time at the wedding. *sigh* gotta love extremely judgmental family members...

Tx3 pictures

Here are some pictures from my 3rd Picosure treatment. As you can see it's very dry, red, and somewhat swollen still.

One year later...

Hey y'all,

I know it's been over a year since I've posted any updates, but I'm back now. It's also been over a year since I've had any sort of treatment on my tattoo as well. I moved abroad shortly after receiving my 3rd treatment and haven't resumed since I've returned home. I scheduled an appointment in May for another treatment, so we'll see how that goes.

Everyone has seen my tattoo by this point in time, so I'm no longer trying to keep it hidden. However, very few people know that I've been getting it removed. I snapped a picture of what it looks like currently and will post. I'm hoping since it's been so long since my last treatment that I will notice a significant change this time around. Here's to hoping anyway!

4th Picosure treatment today

I had my 4th picosure treatment today. It's been a little over a year since I've had any treatments, so I'm interested to see what the healing time/fading is like this time around. I'll post pics after the bandaging comes off. I already have a feeling that there's going to be a lot more itching after this treatment, which I'm definitely not looking forward to..

24 hrs post Tx4

It's been 24 hrs after my 4th treatment, and there is still a lot of swelling and is somewhat sore. I've already noticed blistering this time around as well. Hoping that it will heal quickly without too many issues.

2 wks post Tx4

It's been two weeks since my fourth picosure treatment. There was definitely more blistering this time around and it seems to be taking longer to heal as well. I can see some new breakup that wasn't there before. Hopefully it will continue to fade over the next few months. I will probably wait until this winter before doing another treatment.