Upper Bleph (Eyelid) Surgery

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am currently researching and trying to find the...

I am currently researching and trying to find the best Doctor out there for an upper eyelid surgery. My upper lids are resting on my eyelashes now and I am starting to have vision issues. Can anyone make any suggestions? I am good with traveling to the US or Canada.
Thanks for any help in advance! I don't want to change my look entirely, just lift my lids.

Booked my appointment!

I have booked now!!!! So I am the worst procrastinator. I have decided and undecided, but the fact is that my upper lids are so heavy that it is causing vision issues now. I am 50 in October 2017 and what better thing to do, but treat myself right? When I am tired or when it's really cold, my upper lids press so heavily on my eyes and they look swollen!
I will be travelling to the clinic from Canada so any suggestions from those who have had the surgery with Dr. Harley would be greatly appreciated!

Booked the hotel... getting close now

Country Inn and Suites! Very excited for the upcoming surgery.
My husband has insisted that he come with me so we are driving from Canada for the 9 hour trip. Couple days in the area for fun first.
I'm hoping for minimal bruising.

I feel like a million bucks!

So today is day 4 after uppers. I can't tell you how fantastic I feel about the impending result. I have NEVER in my life had eye lids and now I do. It's just how my eyes were but I'm so excited. I have a little tearing of the right eye and it doesn't quite close as much as the left, but the Doc assured me it will in time and being only 4 days out, I believe him. Today I gardened and just puttered around in the back yard. I'm giving up a father's day dinner as I'm not interested in letting everyone see me like this. I am very happy with how I am coming along. Can't wait for the stitches to be out on Wednesday.

Day 4

Today I'm itching to get these sutures out! I'm feeling good but I feel the tightness and pulling of them now. I've been using Arnica gel on the minor bruising but to be honest I don't know how much it works. I didn't get a lot to begin with. My vision is still blurry and I have one stubborn eye that isn't entirely closing but Dr. Harley assures me it will. All good so far!!

Happy Canada Day (July 1st)

I'm 16 days post and am still happy to report that improvements are happening everyday. What I really notice is the subtle changes in the healing. My lids feel a bit tight on one day and less the next. Some days I'm still swollen (lids) and some days, crusty gunk forms. I felt a bit odd the other day as I felt that there was a weird gap between my water line and my eyeball, but that went away too.
I think that when you have surgery, you have an expectation of immediacy in results and in this case, a very fine and delicate procedure, it is fair to say that healing will take its course. I am still very happy with my results.
Today (July 2nd) is my first day back to work and I woke up (at 4:30 a.m.) with very swollen eyes. This is in part to not getting enough sleep and having a few drinks yesterday. I put a cold wet cloth on my eyes and it felt better. NOT 1 PERSON noticed anything :)
Thanks for following along.

Only Five Stars??? I'd Give Ten if I Could!

I drove down to Asheville on June 10th 2017 for my upper bleph procedure with Dr. Harley.  I have been in discussions with him (emails/phone consult) for some time and the date finally came.  I initially was planning on a "Biltmore Lift" but chickened out, opting for the smaller procedure to begin with.  I've had Botox and Juvederm in past but have never had any invasive procedures and was a bit apprehensive.  Doing your homework on this site, however, is recommended as you can calm many fears and worry with so much support and advise here. When I finally met with the good Doc on the 13th of June, I found him to be very kind and easy to speak to.  He was personable, explaining what to expect and left me feeling much more calm.  I found Juanita to be such a perfect example of a Southern lady!  The office was charming and incredibly clean and I knew that I would be just fine.  As a Canadian, I was given great instruction on how to fill my necessary prescriptions.  The local pharmacy found me very interesting as I was going to pay cash for my pills (about $95 USD).  My benefits will repay my expense after the fact.  The next day I was given the cocktail of pills and before I knew it, I was calm and feeling just fine though very much awake.  I did fall asleep during the procedure and woke up toward the end.  I was going to be leaving the next day, so we had already discussed the after-care at the previous day's appointment.  On the way home, I was in absolutely no pain.  I had minimal bruising throughout.  I did swell up pretty good on my eyelids and I had some smaller concerns which I emailed the Doc about.  Imagine my surprise in receiving a responding email within the hour!  Following the suture removal, I had another question and again, he was right there answering my questions,I have the utmost respect and admiration for this Doctor.  My results are natural, healed quickly and my scarring is minimal after only 20 days. I'm back at work and no one has noticed anything different about me, just a couple comments if I'd lost weight while away.  I highly recommend Dr. Harley and his team.  Thank you Doctor!
Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

(Don't know why this is dated Sept. 20/16, but I think it's because that's when I first posted. This date is actually June 15/17) I have never felt so important to a doctor as I did with Dr. Harley. I didn't have the chance to meet prior to my procedure as I'm from Canada, but I had a phone consult with him many months ago. Juanita was there to greet me with her warm smile and even warmer demeanor. The office is lovely and quaint and very clean! So important to me. Dr. Harley met with me on the day prior to surgery and recalled our phone consult, putting me at ease. Someone had previously said that he didnt make eye contact but nothing could be further from the truth. He smiled and his genuine kindness showed in his eyes. I was given a prescription to bring with me the next day. On the day of, Dr. Harley popped in to say hello, again assuring me that everything would be fine. After I took my cocktail of pills, I was left to relax and later walked into the surgical suite. At this time I was completely drugged and have little recollection of anything thereafter. I do recall that the numbing application hurt a bit but not enough to concern me. After the completion, I was walked out and was allowed to leave immediately, but not before the doctor assured me to call at any time if I had any concerns. About 6 hours later, the doctor called me to ask how I was feeling. Such a good man. I now know why people come from all over the world to see him. 24 hours and I have zero pain. I totally recommend Dr. Harley!! I must add a followup.... today is Saturday and though I hesitated, I texted him a small concern. He answered right away, assuring me once again. Now I'm looking for other procedures just to have his skill in addressing my needs. Hmmmm... maybe that Biltmore Lift is in the cards....