Upper Bleph (Eyelid) Surgery

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am currently researching and trying to find the...

I am currently researching and trying to find the best Doctor out there for an upper eyelid surgery. My upper lids are resting on my eyelashes now and I am starting to have vision issues. Can anyone make any suggestions? I am good with traveling to the US or Canada.
Thanks for any help in advance! I don't want to change my look entirely, just lift my lids.

Booked my appointment!

I have booked now!!!! So I am the worst procrastinator. I have decided and undecided, but the fact is that my upper lids are so heavy that it is causing vision issues now. I am 50 in October 2017 and what better thing to do, but treat myself right? When I am tired or when it's really cold, my upper lids press so heavily on my eyes and they look swollen!
I will be travelling to the clinic from Canada so any suggestions from those who have had the surgery with Dr. Harley would be greatly appreciated!

Booked the hotel... getting close now

Country Inn and Suites! Very excited for the upcoming surgery.
My husband has insisted that he come with me so we are driving from Canada for the 9 hour trip. Couple days in the area for fun first.
I'm hoping for minimal bruising.

I feel like a million bucks!

So today is day 4 after uppers. I can't tell you how fantastic I feel about the impending result. I have NEVER in my life had eye lids and now I do. It's just how my eyes were but I'm so excited. I have a little tearing of the right eye and it doesn't quite close as much as the left, but the Doc assured me it will in time and being only 4 days out, I believe him. Today I gardened and just puttered around in the back yard. I'm giving up a father's day dinner as I'm not interested in letting everyone see me like this. I am very happy with how I am coming along. Can't wait for the stitches to be out on Wednesday.

Day 4

Today I'm itching to get these sutures out! I'm feeling good but I feel the tightness and pulling of them now. I've been using Arnica gel on the minor bruising but to be honest I don't know how much it works. I didn't get a lot to begin with. My vision is still blurry and I have one stubborn eye that isn't entirely closing but Dr. Harley assures me it will. All good so far!!
Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

(Don't know why this is dated Sept. 20/16, but I think it's because that's when I first posted. This date is actually June 15/17) I have never felt so important to a doctor as I did with Dr. Harley. I didn't have the chance to meet prior to my procedure as I'm from Canada, but I had a phone consult with him many months ago. Juanita was there to greet me with her warm smile and even warmer demeanor. The office is lovely and quaint and very clean! So important to me. Dr. Harley met with me on the day prior to surgery and recalled our phone consult, putting me at ease. Someone had previously said that he didnt make eye contact but nothing could be further from the truth. He smiled and his genuine kindness showed in his eyes. I was given a prescription to bring with me the next day. On the day of, Dr. Harley popped in to say hello, again assuring me that everything would be fine. After I took my cocktail of pills, I was left to relax and later walked into the surgical suite. At this time I was completely drugged and have little recollection of anything thereafter. I do recall that the numbing application hurt a bit but not enough to concern me. After the completion, I was walked out and was allowed to leave immediately, but not before the doctor assured me to call at any time if I had any concerns. About 6 hours later, the doctor called me to ask how I was feeling. Such a good man. I now know why people come from all over the world to see him. 24 hours and I have zero pain. I totally recommend Dr. Harley!! I must add a followup.... today is Saturday and though I hesitated, I texted him a small concern. He answered right away, assuring me once again. Now I'm looking for other procedures just to have his skill in addressing my needs. Hmmmm... maybe that Biltmore Lift is in the cards....