33 Years Old (MTF). FFS with Dr. Spiegel - Newton, MA

May of last year I began to take the steps to...

May of last year I began to take the steps to transition from my assigned birth to female. It takes a lot of effort with presentation and prioritizing what is individually important to you in your outward appearance and then allocating the time and financial resources. I've set realistic goals for myself in transition and try to keep pace with those goals. One of those goals is to achieve a feminine, if not attractive appearance. The fact is I worked hard on learning make up and how to apply it (it's still up in the air as to whether or not I'm any good, I think I am), and taking my hormones daily with never having missed a dose. The reality is however, that these things, these aspects of transition can only go so far. The hormones don't alter bone or an Adam's apple. I didn't necessarily dislike my face beforehand, but when you go out to work, or wherever, enhanced by the make up and the clothes and all that effort, it's kind of a bummer to get home take it off and still see a slightly feminized version of your male self.
So it was never really a choice for me, I would need ffs to reach my goals. As far as picking Dr. Spiegel, it wasn't a hard choice. His work was easily accessible and verifiable and I really liked it. I read reviews and priced other doctors and options. Maybe, I could of gotten a lower price somewhere else or looked at options overseas. I'm not sure, but I looked at it and felt as though from what I saw his work was the best, at least in my opinion. This is my face after all. It's kind of important to me. So I proceeded to set up the consult. The consult wasn't quite what I had expected. The staff was very attentive and welcoming. It was short, but answered all my questions, and he made sure I wasn't forgetting something which I appreciate. He asked for my goals as a starting off point and gave very realistic expectations as to the limitations of some of the procedures I had expressed interest in. He observed and added his recommendations, which in hindsight I am very glad to have listened to, such as the cheek implants. I booked the surgery shortly there after.
The surgery finally came. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little harder on me physically than I had expected. I think the excitement blinded me to the fact that this is facial reconstruction after all and may hurt a little. The facility was nice and reactive to my needs, and the fact that it was a full hospital helped with reassuring me I was in good hands. Honestly I don't remember much of that day, but I'd do it again. Recovery was tough, but we followed the instructions and things played out as they were explained. In both the packets and the post surgery follow-up. I was heartened by the confidence that both Dr. Spiegel and his team exuded, that I'd love the results.
They were right! I'm now five weeks post-op. The results are everything I would of hoped for. I'm blown away by the disappearance of my brow ridge. I love the cheek implants, it's so much better applying makeup to your cheeks than having to contour them on. They exceeded all expectations with my chin. After reintroducing myself post surgery to people in my life I'm usually greeted by smiles, followed by a genuine "you look really good". It's really awesome to be told I look pretty, it sounds a little vain, but I feel like it took a lot of hard work, so I'll take it. In closing, Dr. Spiegel did great work. His staff continues to be attentive even when following up with post surgery needs. As for me I like my face a little more everyday.

Updated pictures

The four bottom photos are pre surgery. The results have been fantastic.
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon