Im 24 and Finally Got my Rhinoplasty :-) - Newstead, AU

Hi Everyone, my Names Ami and since the early...

Hi Everyone, my Names Ami and since the early stages of high school ive always wanted to get a rhinoplasty. I finally decided to go ahead with it this year and im so excited and nervous at the same time. I had my proceedure on the 23/09/16 and i am now 6 days post op! And get the cast and splints removed Tomorrow and im so excited i cannot wait! My whole experience has been very overwhelming since the day of surgery! I did alot of research and decided to go with dr Andrew Broadhurst at enhance plastic surgery as i heard alot of great things about him and read alot of positive reviews! When i went in for my consultation he was so kind and professional, he listened to everthing i had said and made me feel very at ease and happy to go ahead knowing i was in safe hands! Im very happy with my choice and decision with choosing him and his team. On the day of surgery i was extremely nervous and could not calm myself down, i spoke to dr Andrew Broadhurst and my anesthesist before my surgery to go over everything. Before i knew it i was out like a light and already awake in recovery. WoW it was quick! When i woke up i felt abit nausious and i felt abit headachy, the nurse gave me some pain relief and a nausea needle to help. After awhile i was able to get dressed and go home, the first night i found it hard to sleep as i sleep on my side and only with one pillow so sleeping sitting up for me was a struggle. I also found it very hard to eat for the first few days and ate alot of soft fruit and soups, since i only way 46kgs i was worried i would loose alot of weight so if your only small like me i suggest taking a food drink supplement inbetween meals! The recovery is not painfull at all after day 2 i was already off my painkillers!! It is however very uncomfortable. Day 4 post op i was able to eat solid foods and even went to my mums just so my partner and i could get out of the house! Its currently day 6 post op for me and i am still very congested, i find that the nasal spray they provided me has been very good in helping. My nose is very itchy and i feel like i have a head cold! For me personally the recovery has been extremely difficult and still cant believe i made it this far! I havnt slept properly since my surgery and im feeling like a zombie. Im just counting down the hours till tomorrow, once the cast and splints are removed so i can wash my hair and face and hopefully get a good nights sleep! Ive attached some pictures of my recovery so far, And i will put up a picture after my cast is taken off tomorrow.

Cast is off!! Splints are out! :-)

Hi everyone, today was the big day! I got my cast removed and my splints taken out and OH MY GOSH im so glad that week is over! Okay so back tracking to thismorning, my partner and i made the drive back up to brisbane from the gold coast and the traffic wasnt that bad so we arrived 30 minutes early, we were happy to wait but the nurse took me into the room to remove the cast straight away. I was so nervous and excited at the same time, As the nurse took off my i could feel a tremendous amount of pressure and it was a little bit sensitive also, but defiently bareable! Next was the splints and yuk they looked gross haha but once again it was more of a pressure feeling then a painfull feeling! The whole thing took about 10 minutes. Soon after Dr Andrew Broadhurst came in and had a look at my nose and was very pleased with the result. He then gave me some instructions for after care, i can now sleep however i want! However i do have to wear a cast at night time and when im at home to help reduce swelling which is completely fine with me. When i looked into the mirror for the first time i felt a huge sigh of relief and gratitude! It was perfect and exactly what i wanted. Its very very swollen and will be for a long time but im happy to wait and see the improvements each day! When i got home i had a shower and washed my hair and face, as i still had alot of dried up blood and mucus (i know gross) i faced my nose upward and let the hot water go into my nose to help loosen it all up! Which it helped alot! Theres still alot of gross stuff going on up there but it shouldnt take to long to all be gone. My nose feels so weird to touch and my tip is numb. Ive broken out in pimples on my nose and my face feels soo gross so ive booked in for a deep cleansing facial which ill get done in two weeks once abit of the swelling has subsided. I put some makeup on but didnt put any on my nose, and i already feel amazing! Taking pictures for me was a difficult task as i never felt comfortable with my nose and now all i want to do is take pictures of my perfect new nose. Which i will share with you all now :-) please keep in mind that my nose is still very swollen and will take some time till i see my end result. But i am very happy with the outcome and would do it all over again in a heart beat which says alot.

Dr Andrew Broadhurst and his team are amazing!

I just wanted to write a post for those who are looking into getting a rhinoplasty, Dr Andrew Broadhurst and his team at enhance plastic surgery in brisbane are amazing! The girls at the front desk were so helpful and kind every time i went it, the nurse Holly who removed my cast was so kind and gentle and made me feel at ease, tiffany who helped me book my surgery and went through the paperwork with me was extremely helpfull and answered alot of questions i had asked. And finally Dr Andrew Broadhurst i wanted to say a huge thank you as he has created a perfect nose for me and i am so happy and so overwhelmed with enjoyment. He was very professional and kind and answered all of my questions even if they were silly. Im so thankfull and happy i made the choice to go with them and i recommend there team to anyone who is looking at getting plastic surgery for what ever reasons. :-)

2 days since cast off!

Yay its now been two days since cast off! Im including the day i got my cast off! And my nose is very swollen but i was expecting that and im not fussed at all! It looks so great and im still in utter bliss about it! I am still a little congested but it gets better each day! The tip of my nose is still numb and will subside over time and it feels weird and sensitive to touch my nose but apart from that every thing is now a breeze. Im finally breathing through my nose which is such a sigh of relief since i havnt been able to breathe properly through my nose since surgery! I still have bits of dried up blood and mucus in my nose but its getting less and less each day. Ill post some pictures now so you can see the progress :-) please keep in mind my nose is extremely swollen in these pics.

2 pics to show just how much your nose continues to swell!!

Heres 2 pics im about to upload to show you how much you swell once the cast is off! Ill post a pick from when i first got my cast off! And ill post another pic of my nose about 20 hours later.

2 weeks have passed!

Hi everyone its been just over two weeks since my rhinoplasty and im seeing amazing results everyday! My nose is still so swollen but i wanted to post some updated pictures for everyone :-)

Dr Andrew Broadhurst is kind, professional and extremely calming. He listened to everything i wanted and i couldnt be happier.