22 Years Old, NY, 2 Veneers and One Dental Implant with Porcelain Crown, Looking to Fix Old Veneers. New York, NY

I'll try to condense this as much as possible! I...

I'll try to condense this as much as possible! I was born without one adult lateral incisor, and broke an adult front tooth when I was in middle school. Over the years, I have had my front tooth bonded. Naturally, the shape of my tooth began to change as getting it rebonnded (due to yellowing/staining) would make it bulkier. My general dentist told me that it would be best to get veneers, so in 2013 I finally went in for the procedure.

My experience with his dentist was horrible (I do not go to him any longer). I told him that I did not want to change anything about my teeth, I loved the shape and just wanted the new veneers to look exactly like them. He suggested that I get 2 instead of just one for the broken one because it would look more exact as opposed to trying to match a single veneer to my other front tooth. I agreed with him.

When I got the temps they looked good. Then I got the real ones and he changed the shape of my front teeth! He made them shorter and straighter on the bottom, which I don't like. I liked having slightly larger, natural looking teeth.

Anyway, what bothers me most about this whole process is the COLOR! The veneers are so yellow/grey compared to my regular teeth, even yellower than my crown/implanted lateral incisor. When I told him I thought there were too yellow he told me that they were fine and he knew what he was talking about. Nice right? I figured I was being too picky and eventually like them, but 3 years later I still hate them just as much. I'm finally going to get them fixed.

I had absolutely no say in any of the process of my veneers the first time so I want to make sure this time I have much more to say in it! I have a consultation with a supposedly trusted DDS this May, so I will keep updated with how it goes. I went to a dentist earlier this month and he was a nut job - telling me I needed 4 crowns instead of fixing my veneers, so I got the hell out of that office. The reason I am writing this is because I want to let others know they are not alone in feeling miserable and insecure after a botched job.

I plan on getting 1 new crown and 3 veneers - so I'll have a set of 4 new, matching, whiter, symmetrical teeth. I want my front teeth to look like my old ones again.

I'll be sure to keep posted on what happens!