I'm So Ready to Be Sleeved - New York, NY

Hello all this is my first post on my upcoming...

hello all this is my first post on my upcoming procedure of the gastric sleeve. I will be having my gastric sleeve for done on December 18th 2013 and I must admit that I am i nervous but I'm excited to embark on my new journey of being healthy fit and live a long happy life. I'm currently at day 5 of my pre-op diet all liquid diet and my first day was very tough but day two until now has been quite enjoyable and easy. I'm a little apprehensive because I don't know what to really expect as far as healing but again I'm more excited than anything. I've read some of you guys post and comments on here; the community is seems to be very supportive and that's what I really need right now, I need a lot of support and also if I can be of any help and support I would love to do so. I would like it very much if you guys can post and send me messages of your experiences of being sleeved, that would really help me out a lot. if you have any questions or concerns about the pre op diet for my future sleevers, please feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you and answer your questions fairly quickly. I have however came up with some new innovative ways to make it a lot more easier and enjoyable while doing your 2 week pre op diet. i came up with some ways that has a very low calorie intake so if you're interested in learning about some of those ways or things that I've been doing since I've been began on my journey, please feel free again to contact me and I will be more than happy to share also I would like to keep in touch with you guys in witnessing your journey and your experiences as well as hearing some of your thoughts and your feelings and hopefully we can support one another. so again my sleevers thank you for reading my post and I look forward to reading your comments and i hope we'll be sharing our journey and experiences together. I wish you all much success and I hope to hear from you soon. later Gators

omg

Omg, i cant believe that i have only 7 more days until the big day. I will be sleeved. I'm super excited but the closer it gets to my surgery day; the more scared i become. Any advise for this chicken?

before sleeve

My current pics.

pre-op diet instructions from my doctor

Please see pic!

Just a few childhood photos

SUPER EXCITED

Hello all, i'm super excited. I just weighed myself and the scale said my weight is now 230lbs. Last friday i was weighed during my pre-op visit with my doctor and my weight was 247. I'm thinking its no way that i could have lost this much weight in a matter or a week and a half. I weighed myself twice and both times it read 230lbs. Omg i'm super stoked.

PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN

hello all, I would like to take this time to recommend that if you are not taking protein or you're trying different protein products and you are not liking them I would like to take this time to recommend that you try this. Its a whey protein isolate by Jay Robb. this is the whey protein it has 26 grams of protein and a host of other antioxidants that is very good for you and will definitely help in your new journey after being sleeved. I recommend this product highly because I haven't had my procedure yet but I've been trying and playing around with different whey protein products and other protein supplements and I find they all have a nasty aftertaste or that gritty consistency to them that I don't like but I happen to talk to a few of my friends who've had the gastric bypass and gastric sleeve also several nutritionist has recommended this product, so I thought I would share that with you guys and hope that you would try it and also like it as well. now I just want to inform you guys that it is kind of expensive but it is so worth it. there are so many ways that you can incorporate this protein into your diet without having a after taste or struggle with the product so what I recommend is that if you do try it. if you do try it I recommend that you try the unflavored version that way it allows you to mix it with your soups. you can mix it with your yogurt you can put it in just plain milk you can put it in a variety of things and it also comes with a few recipes on the back of the package which I've tried a few and I have really like that you can also cook with it and put it in anything that you eat. I hope that you guys will try it. I hope you like it I'm really looking forward to your feedback once you have tried the product please tell me what you think and also maybe we can share some recipes if you come up with a new way to incorporate this product in your daily life in getting your protein in. please feel free to share and I will continue to post and do the same. have a blessed one everyone and below I have also included some pictures to show you what it looks like. this product also comes in different flavors but I chose the unflavored for the versatility that it give me and let me with my meals. so have a blessed onemy sleevers.

3 days and counting!!!

Boy time flies. This pre op diet has been an experience in its self. Although the first couple of days was tough, i must admit; this diet has been quite managable. I can't wait unti 12/18/13. I'm just so ready to begin my journey.

1 more day and counting!!!!

My nerves is starting to get the best of me. I did not sleep good last night at all and my allergies are acting up. my eye is swollen from me rubbing it all day yesturday and my hands keep shaking. I find the closer it gets to my surgery day; the harder it is for me to put my mind at ease. I know everyone is telling me that I will be find but I'm just a worry wort and I just can't help it. I have put it all in God's hands now. I'm really praying for the best.

Getting Ready.

Well folks, tomorrow is the big day so today I will be spending the majority of the day in prayer. I am mentally and physically preparing for one of the biggest life changing events that has ever taken place in my life. I would just like to say thanks to all of you whom have supported me in this journey, who has given me advise and insight about this proceedure and mostly i would like to say thank you for all of your words of encouragement, it really means a lot. Without you guys i don't think i could go through with this. So thank you all and i will do my best to keep you posted on my progression. Be blessed ;)

off to see the wizard! LOL.

I'll be back soon. Lol!

I have been sleeved.

Surgery went very well without any complications. I was up and walking around the entire hospital floor within an hour after surgery. Night was a little rough due to excessive gas and i wasn't able to get muc sleep but over all my hospital stay was quite enjoyable. I was discharged yesterday 12/19/13 because i was well enough to go home. I was very excited about that. Today i began stage 2 liquid meals but i am finding that i am struggling to get in a small amount of liquids in. I have absolutley no appitite. I was go to pass gas this morning and I've been doing so ever since. I am now walking alot better than yesturday. I'm walking more upright today. I'm just glad that it's over and now i'm looking forward to living a longer, happier and healthier life.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight. Be blessed!

I'm So over liquid meals

hi all I have a question I don't know about you guys but I know I am so tired of these liquid meals now it's like I'm runnin outta options on how to prepare meals that I like I'm so ready to break through into eating solid foods I don't know if it's just me I don't know if it's just that im bored of the liquid meals I don't know what it is I just need to know is there anyone else on the site thats thats going through stage two of the gastric sleeve diet if they are tired as I am of these liquid meals. please give me your input and feedback I need to know that I'm not alone in this because I'm just finding myself getting really annoyed so if anyone else is feeling the same way please let me know. thank you.

just a quick update on my progress

See pics attached.