Double Jaw Surgery. New York, NY

I had a severe open bite all my life and...

I had a severe open bite all my life and dislocated my jaw 5 years ago. For the past two years I was getting headaches almost every day, couldn't sleep on my left side anymore, eating and talking was getting harder and harder, everytime my jaw came out I had to put it back in place. Since my insurance didn't cover the braces or surgery I couldn't do anything about it. Life was getting very uncomfortable and I felt insecure everytime I talked. On August 2014, 5 years after dislocating my jaw I finally went to an orthodentist and began my journey of correcting my jaw. I had braces for a little over a year. On October 27th 2015 I had my double jaw surgery done. Like my husband says "my surgeon broke my upper jaw and re-did it" and he shifted my lower jaw to the right.

One week after surgery

I feel much better one week after my surgery, sleeping through the night and I have more energy to play with my kid. Went for a check up and my surgeon says everything looks great and healing properly. The plate inside my mouth needs to saty on for 6 weeks and I must wear bands at all time in a U shape to keep my jaw together so talking is kind of hard. My lower lip and chin are completely numb. I can't wait to see my new bite and my new smile!
New York Orthodontist