Bite Correction Surgery - New York, NY

After years of dealing with my bite issues and...

After years of dealing with my bite issues and on-and-off jaw pain, I decided it was time to take some action. As part of a larger treatment with orthodontics, I had jaw/bite correction surgery with Dr. Jamali in Fall 2014.

I was terrified going into the operating room. They were cutting my face open! But everything went smoothly and I woke up about 10 hours later in a room in the hospital. Aside from my lower face being incredibly swollen, I felt decent. There was almost no pain, even after they stopped giving me painkillers. They kept me overnight and then I was free to go.

The recovery time was extensive. I was off work for 2 weeks and I was on a liquid diet for 6 weeks. This part was the toughest honestly. I would get so jealous seeing friends do things as simple as eating a piece of pizza. Talking was difficult too for those 6 weeks mostly due to swelling and numbness, but both subsided.

Now about 6 months later I'm almost entirely recovered. I still have a tiny amount of numbness in my lower lip, but I hardly notice it (and Dr. Jamali said it should go away within the next 6 months). The results are excellent. My face looks much better, my teeth are perfectly straight and even, and more importantly feels much better.

My insurance covered almost all costs for the procedure. Of the thousands of dollars billed to my insurance, I think I only ended up paying a couple hundred dollars in total.
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Overall my experience with Dr. Jamali was excellent. He was great about answering all my questions and was frank about the potential risks of the procedure. He never feels too busy to sit down and talk with you.