Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I will be getting a Mommy make over ( breast lift...

I will be getting a Mommy make over ( breast lift and full tummy tuck ) January 22- 24th 2014. The final date hasn't been confirmed yet.

I am a mother of 2. My oldest daughter is 16 and my son is 10. I am done having kids. With my daughter I bounced back within a month an I hardly gained weight. With my son I gained 70 pounds and had a hard time getting the weight off. 2 years ago, I joined weight watchers because my doctor was trying to talk me in to getting a gastric bypass. At that point I was morbidly obese. I worked day and night to lose the weight and to get myself heathy. I worked out at least 5 days a week. In 1 year I lost 100 lbs. and reached a healthy BMI. At that point I was ready for my make over. My doctor advised me to make sure that I can keep it off. He felt that it was best for my health and for my body to adjust to the new me before I went ahead and made even more drastic changes to it. I am glad I waited cause this past year has been very hard but I now know 100% that I can keep it off. I have never felt this good before.

I found this site about 2 days ago and I can't stop reading. I am so scared and exited. I have so many emotions going on right now.

I will be adding pics soon.

The dreaded pictures.

I try not to take pictures cause I hate the way that I look.

1st consult - Lenox Hill Plastic Surgery Clinic

I am so anxious. I go for my consult on Monday, this is my first official consult appointment. All the other were me trying to find out who I was going to go with. I have so many questions that I think I am going to overwhelm my doctor.
I had forgotten to mention that I will be doing my surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital. This is a teaching Hospital and a Fellow will be performing my surgery with an Attending Surgeon. Has anyone on here gotten any procedure done at Lenox Hill or with any teaching Hospital ?
I have added more pics of my not so pretty boobies.

I need help :'(

So I went in for my pre op appointment and it is now official. I signed all the documents for my surgery, consents and all. Kind of scary if you ask me. But I have faith in God that it will all be okay. She gave me my scripts to fill later on. I am way ahead of the game because of the lack of time off for this year. I explained to her that today is my last day off until the surgery date and she agreed to do everything really early. The only thing that I have to wait on is the lab work 30 days prior. And to get my physical later on this month. But my physician has amazing hours. He has night consults so I don't have to miss work.
On another note. I need your help advice or thoughts.
I want to get a tummy tuck and breast lift. My surgeon is very optimistic about my tummy tuck and told me that I will have amazing results because I already have a hour glass shape hidden behind the excess skin and she also told me that I didn't not need any lipo because I do not have excess fat in the area. How ever she did not sound so positive or optimistic about the breast lift. Apparently my boobs are way too small. It looks like I am down to a "B" now. She asked me like 5 times if I wanted implants. She explained to me that they will not be full and round and that with age they will begin to sag because of the lack of mass. In other words, I would have little tiny boobs like if I was a little girl just starting to develop ( that was my interpretation not exactly her words )
What do you ladies suggest ? Should I get small implants or do I just stuck to my original plans ? I just want things to go well. I don't want to be disappointed. I am going to ask hubby to see what he thinks. I am so confused now. I was not planning on implants :(
I am so anxious right now that I have butterflies

My Stats

Oops, I didn't realize that I never put up my stats.

I am 36 years young. I am 5' 4" and weigh 129 pounds. I lost the last 5 pounds that I was aiming for since my 11/2/13 consult. Putting me at a total weight loss of 104 !! Now I need to keep the balance until the surgery. I eat when I am anxious.



I put up some new pictures because
last week when I was doing a search for my doctor I noticed that my pictures where the only ones on google images related to a Mommy Makeover. My PS is a fellow. I felt so uncomfortable and so exposed that I removed them. I will try to post pics that no one will be able to identify me. I really wish that there was some way to remove my doctors name or something where I can feel safer about putting my pics out there.

The before pictures o

I've updated some pics hopefully no one could identify me.

Boobies - Update

Today I met with my PS again and we sat down and discussed all the pros and cons as well as types. She was very thorough and gave more info than I had expected. I know that there are risks and that it is not necessary. To be totally honest, it is a scary thought all the things that could happen. But I kind of want them now, so I am going to think positive and with Gods will it will all work out. My mom and my sister are going to flip out on me when I tell them. They are ok with the tummy tuck and the breast lift and they will be helping me the days that I will be home. I don't even know how I am going to tell them. I know my sister is going to try to talk me out of getting them. Maybe I will wait and tell her after the fact. I dunno ;-(
Oh I forgot to mention what I chose. I decided to get Mentor Memorygel moderate plus profile roughly 300 cc.

32 Days and counting...

Ok, I am beyond ready for my Makeover. I have picked up all my prescriptions. Received my walker and toilet seat riser. I have my scar treatment. Thanks to solesister for the invention. I got my Mammogram done. I will make the payment for the surgery on Monday. I will pay the anesthesiologist the following week. It's X-mas and I'm broke. ;-) LOL
My physical and EKG are scheduled for the first week in January. I have 3 recliners in my house. Hmmm, I know that I have to pick up the bandages and ointments. Maybe I will go to the pharmacy this weekend and pick them up. Any suggestions on what else I need to be focusing and getting before time runs out? Oh, and I ask my PS and she informed me that she does not use Arnica Montana. She told me that if I wanted to use it that I can but its not something that she recommends to her patients. Who has used it and can give me some feedback? I will not be getting any Lipo that is where the major bruising comes from. Any thoughts or comments would be highly appreciated.

My after care

I'm afraid :'-(

Ok, I must confess. I am afraid !!! Sunday began my official 1 month countdown and I had so many thoughts and fears going through my mind. That I started second guessing my decision. Today I have been browsing youtube and it only gets worse. I have even more fears. I even felt tempted to email my PS and telling her that I am too chicken to go through with this. I even tried talking my self in to not going this week to pay for my procedure. Is this normal ?? I know I want this but I am scared out of my mind. I need to get a hobby or something to occupy my free time cause youtube could be a scary place.

More pictures

I'm trying to document every angle. So that I can look back and remember one day what I looked like. I had to paint some of the pictures for safety reasons.

Mammogram Results

I wasn't really worrying too much about it but there was always that little doubt in my heart. I am glad that I received a note from the hospital today. My breast are normal or at least my insides are cause the outside is a hot mess of skin. I guess now it is a definite go on the implants !!! ;-) I am really looking forward to January 22, 2014. *** 21 days baby and booyah

Breast Implants

I have a question maybe more like a concern. I have read on here how ladies complaint about how much their boobs weigh. Some even say that they are so heavy and hurt their back. About how much will 300 cc will weigh ? I am afraid of back problems. I already have a pinched nerve and I have a hard time with my back when I sweep and mop my house. By the time that I finish I have to take Motrin 800mg so that I can rest and not feel pain. I know what it is like to have large breast I always did since I was a teenager and never really felt them heavy unless I had a bathing suit that was tied up on the neck. I always use supportive bras. Is it something similar to that or am I expecting to feel as if I was carrying a baby on my chest ?


Compression garments and bras ???

I'm debating whether to buy my bra and compression garments now. Any advice or suggestions. I saw this one in amazon. It ships in 2 days so I can order it at any time. My doctor informed me that they provide me with one of each. What do you ladies think I should do ?

Profile pictures

What A day

Oh what a day I had yesterday. I don't even know where to begin. It was full of surprises as well as ups and downs. Lets start with the doctors office.

So I go to my doctors office to get my pre op physical. I get there by 8:50 am for my 9:15 am appointment. There was no one there but me. It took the nurse 35 minutes to call me in to the examining room. After that long of a wait the doctor takes another 30 minutes to come in and see me. Then on top of it all when he comes in he tries to talk me out of having the surgery. He tells me that I am perfect the way that I am. So I gave him an evil look and then we took it from there. So he gave me verbal clearance. I guess I am doing good. Today my lab work should have come in. Then he can give my surgeon the green light in paper.But before he left the room he though that it was okay to frighten me. He proceeds to tell me that a tummy tuck and breast lift with augmentation is too much for one person to handle in one day. That I should not be doing both procedures at once. Sigh, he start to talk about the risks and I am about to have a nervous break down. so he says good luck and then he leaves the room. At this point I had to get my EKG done and guess what ? My heart rate was a million miles per hour !!! The nurse had to come and soothe me. I think this was the highlight of my morning. So she tells me to close my eyes and to go to a place and do something that I like. So here I am at the beach and I decide that surfing and jumping on waves is the way to relax. It was hilarious because I literally was jumping !! I guess that broke the ice in the room and I was able to calm down and this reading in my EKG was normal. The first one looked like I was about to have a heart attack. I left the Exam room and went over to the lab work. The phlebotomist there is beyond awesome and she gave me her blessings and she reminded me that I was in great hands, God is the one in charge. So that was my first half of the morning.

Now I have to head down to NYC to bring in my checks for the surgery as well as the anesthesiologist. When I get there they take my money and I was paid in full. So I was very happy and ready to go. Little did I know that by 450 pm I was going to receive a phone call from my surgeon telling me that the hospital could not accommodate my surgery for the 22. Mind you we are 13 days away and this is when they are going to tell us. Luckily my surgeon is an Angel and she noticed the disappointment in my voice. She quickly offered me to have it done at the other location where they do procedures as well.

And then the fun begins because now I have to find a hotel that is able to accommodate me. Luckily there is a hotel across the street from the hospital. I check online and they have a rate for 169 + which comes out to 199 a night. So I wanted to make sure that they were aware that I needed a room with accommodations for after my procedure. When I call they try to hustle me. They were asking for $ 499 plus taxes and fees and that was supposedly the special rate that they have for hospital patients. it is all a big scam. So I told them they can forget about it that I would book somewhere else and I did. Later on that night the nursing service that will be with me after surgery calls to make arrangements. The informed me of the scam that goes on in the hotels and she asked me to call back and speak to a supervisor because they have a contract with them for better rates. and voila magically they offered me the same room for # 299 a night. I tell you ** smh **

Oh I forgot to mention the nursing service. This nurse that called me is amazing !!! she was so through, loving and compassionate. That is the way that nurses should be !! She went through everything with me as far as what to expect before during and after surgery. I felt that I was talking to one of my sisters from here. She gave me her home an cell phone number in case that I have any questions and / or fears.

Oh but that is not the end of it there is still more.

When I brought them my Certified Check I paid my 1 one stay at the Hospital. Now they wanted me to come back today and pick up that check and bring them a new one with the revised amount. mind you they are only opened during business hours and those are my working hours as well. And they are pushing me to do this ASAP !!! Luckily God got given me the gift of patience and wisdom. I cool calm and collected made phone call and educated myself and even if I was able to go back and get the check I was not able to do anything with it because it was made out payable to the Hospital. So here I am about $ 1000 short because this money could not be reimbursed for another 3 to 4 weeks and now I have 2 new expenses. I now have to pay for the Hotel and the Nurse. The hotel will be about $ 350 and the will be $ 960. And I really don't have the money. Luckily I have a guardian Angel that is always there for me. And guess who that is ? My sister :') S


***Ugh, this thing posted without me finishing my update. ***

So within a matter of minutes my sister has the money that I need. Now this brings me to a new dilemma. How can I hide the fact that I am getting implants if she has always been there for me, She is my better half. I feel like the only BITCH !!! I think this weekend I am going to tell her because I cannot lie to her even though I haven't lied I just have failed to inform her.

And That ladies was my day yesterday. ** sigh ** but still holding strong and making things happen. !!!

One week before

I am at a one week mark and the nerves have officially kicked in. I have had a very busy day and now I'm starting to wrap things up. I really need to get my act together and finish doing what I have to do. Yesterday my PCP officially medically cleared me and I am paid in full. So there is no turning back.
I spoke to my sister and I explained to her about my implants and she took it better than I thought. She told me that she is not a fan of implants but if that is what was going to make me happy then go for it. She will support me either way. :')
I haven't worked out in over a week. I am not focused and I am afraid of hurting my self on one of those machines. Lol - excuses, excuses !!!
One good thing that happened this week was that my monthly friend already came to visit. She came Monday and will be gone by tonight. Just the way I like it. Short !!! - see you in February ;-)
I'll keep you ladies updated as my days progress :-)
This is a list of the supplies that I have so far:
-Button up pajamas pants set
-Button up pajama shirts
-Bed mat
-Disinfecting wipes
-2 velour suites
-First aid kit
-Surgical Gloves
-Gauze pads
-Paper tape
-Antiseptic spray
-Triple antibiotic
-Milk of magnesia
-Heated pad
-Heated neck massager
-Aloe and coco raw butter
-Rose hip oil
-Bio oil
-Toilet seat riser

No Backing out now

Ok, This is it. I have been cleared in every way. I received notice from the Surgeon and everything is ready. The Hospital called me as well. I am going under at 10:30 am. I have to be there by 8 am.
I picked up the last of the supplies and groceries yesterday. So I think I am ready. I just have to finish packing my hospital bag and shower tonight and tomorrow morning with Hibiclens.
Mother Nature, Please stop snowing. I live far from the hospital and it is going to be a hell of a commute tomorrow morning. We are expecting 9' to 12' of snow and to top it off it is so cold that it will turn into ice.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I am scared but excited at the same time.
I'm not sure if I will be able to update again tonight or tomorrow before surgery. But I will update as soon as I can get my head clear and able to use the phone.
I love you ladies. You have all been an inspiration and great are supporters. Thanks a Million !!!

I'm ready

Ok I'm on my way to the hospital. Surgery got pushed up to 8 am. I have to be there by 6 am. I'll post again tonight. Thanks ladies ;-)

On the flat side

Hey ladies just wanted to let you now that I'm doing good. I came out of surgery around 245 pm yesterday. Pain is ok. Doctor says that it went great. I'll update some more when I'm more alert.
Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts xoxo
I'll try to post pics when the doctor comes to look at my incisions.

Crazy day

Ok ladies I'm finally home. After I updated this morning things went down hill. My blood pressure dropped and I fainted. They had to call the rapid response team cause my eyes rolled back and I lost conscience for a while. When I woke up there are about 8 nurses and 3 doctors surrounding me and they have me laying down in the bed upside down. My doctor had just left and they had to page her so that she could return. After that set back I had to take things really slow. I was only able to take half of the pain meds because my blood pressure was too low. They finally discharged me at 930 pm when I was supposed to leave the hospital no later than noon. It was a crazy scary day but I can tell already that it is worth it. When I was waking up from the anesthesia I over heard the OR nurses congratulating my doctor because I look amazing. Same goes for the anesthesiologist he was like wow she looks great. I haven't be enable to see my tummy but I did take a peek of the ladies. They are great not to big not too small.
The TT pain is tolerable but the ladies hurt like a mother. That was the first thing I told my doctor. I was wondering if she only worked on my boobs cause I couldn't feel any pain on the tummy yesterday. Today the TT pain is more like a burning sensation.
I'll update more later I'm kind of groggy

Day 2 post op

Good morning ladies. This is day 2 post op and I'm feeling a lot better. I kind of over slept and missed my medicine time and boy was I in pain. I got up used the bathroom and walked a bit now I'm just laying in the recliner resting and trying to heal. I am going to try and take pictures today. I can't wait to see what is underneath all these things.

Day 3 post op

Today was a better day. I feel energetic and more alert. I woke up extremely constipated. I was not able to eat because nothing else fit in my stomach not to mention that I am swollen or maybe I'm just bloated. The picture doesn't really show the swelling but I can see it. Other than that I am on top of my Meds and am getting up to walk every 2 hours.
My family has been coming in and out to help me all day. Not to mention that my husband is the best nurse / doctor ever. I have a new level of love and appreciation for this man that I cannot even begin to explain it. I haven't had to do anything at all other than get up and walk.
Now let's talk poop. I drank MOM last night and nothing !!! I drank it again this morning and still NOTHING !!! then my sister came with a smoothie made with kale and a whole bunch of fruits that are high in protein and viola !!!! I didn't go one or twice. I went 5 times. I feel like a brand new person. I hadn't gone to the potty since Tuesday morning. Ladies I did the potty dance !!! Boy I was exhausted from going to the bathroom so much but it was worth every single trip.
I wasn't able to stand for the pic cause I was getting a sponge bath and my blood pressure is still not the greatest. They boobs look uneven because I have one arm up and the other one down. But I'll try to get better pictures on Monday when the doctor removes all the bandages.

Day 4 post op

It's 9 am on day 4 PO and I'm feeling almost 100 % normal. I know that this is how you get yourself in trouble cause right now I'm ready to conquer the world. But no worries I already had my husband / doctor / nurse give me a speech on not cleaning. He sat my ass down when he saw my intentions. Lol ;-)
I think Im going to only take one table of oxycodone instead of two just to try and wean myself out of the narcotics. I have only taken a total of 3 Valium since the day of surgery so that one doesn't worry me. My abs feel like they burn when I'm not medicated. The ladies are so tight and tender.
I did not loose any sensation on them at all. When the doctor checked the day after surgery I felt everything. Even in my abdomen I have almost full sensation. If you stroke it slowly and lightly I can feel it. My right breast has dropped more than my left. If you look at the picture above the right looks bigger than the left it's because that one is dropping and feeling softer. The left one feels like it is going up instead of down. I have to tell my doctor tomorrow when I go for my first post op visit. Hopefully i can see and take pictures of my tummy when she takes the dressing off. I have been sleeping great at night. No discomfort at all. I get up take my pills and go right back to sleep. I have been sleeping in my sofas that have 3 recliners in them and let me tell you that they are more comfortable than my own bed. It is easier to get out of them than the hospital bed. All I have to do is sit and my husband presses the button and reclines me until I feel comfortable.
I think my potty issue is very well under control. I ate dinner last night and I pottied again. A total of 6 times yesterday. It wasn't a lot at a time but just enough to clear out my stomach. This morning when I had my first cup of coffee since the surgery I went straight to the toilet.
The swelling in my hands and thighs are going down. My fingers don't look like sausages anymore. My thunder thighs don't look as big today either. Overall I feel great and my husband and daughter told me that my resemblance looks great !!! I'm not pale or sick looking anymore.

The infamous drains

I don't know if it is the way that my surgeon placed them or it's because I'm not wearing any pants or panties but these guys are not a bother at all. I have only felt them twice and it was because I was trying to sponge bathe or just accidentally touched them. My left one is barely draining since the beginning. She said that I can have it taken out on Monday if it continues that way. The right one drains more but the liquid is more clear. I think I'm going to tell her to leave them alone since they don't bother me. I am afraid of getting a seroma. I don't see why we need to fix something when it not broken. I feel that God is truly looking over me. I feel blessed.
I want to thank you ladies for continuing to keep me in your prayers and thoughts it's very much appreciated. xoxo

Lollipop lift !!

I'm so excited !! I just took off all the gauze and surgical bra off. And surprise she did what she said she was going to do !! She was going to try and not have to do an anchor lift. She didn't know it it was possible due to the extensive amount of ptosis that I have. That is a major plus because the anchor is more prone to infections. And it's an uglier scar.

After pictures

I am very swollen in the abdomen and thighs. And my left boob has not start to drop. Other than that things are looking great.

More pics

I went to my first post op appointment today and everything went great. They removed one of my drains. The next one should come out either Friday or Monday. They were not draining that much. All the incisions look like they are healing the way that they are supposed to. Other than the swelling everything looks great. She told me that if after it is all healed and if I am not satisfied with anything. she will do any revision as a courtesy. Even any lipo if I want. I am very pleased with my outcome and will definitely recommend my doctor to anyone.

Week 1 recap

This week has had its ups and downs. I have had days where I feel that I can conquer the world and days where I don't even want to move an inch.
Let's begin with the day of the surgery. I woke up at 3 am to bathe and wonder how we were going to make it to the city in time with that Mayor snow storm that we had. Believe it or not I was not scared or anxious at all. Everyone in the hospital was so loving and caring that time flew by. When I woke up from the anesthesia all I could feel was my boobs. I was scared that she had forgotten to do my tummy tuck. I had a scare In the hospital but that is in the past.
My drains we're not draining that much for the beginning. So one came out at 5 days post op. The other one is coming out in 2 days. I get up and walk around as needed. The walker is a blessing !!! And so is the toilet seat.
Milk of magnesia is a must !!! I am also drinking fruit smoothies that are high in fiber and that helps me go too.

Recap - continued

Support is definitely is a must for the first week. My mom has cooked every single meal for me since I came out of the hospital. My daughter is the assistant.
My husband / doctor/ nurse has been beyond amazing !!! He has truly shown his colors !!! If I loved him before I think I have fallen in love with him all over Again !!! He has done anything and everything that you can think possible to make me feel special and well taken care off. He is my gift from God !!!
My sister and other family members are in and out all day and call to see if I need something from outside so that they can bring it to me.
Last but not least. I feel the love from all the ladies on here. Everyone is always checking up on me and bringing my spirits up.
Oh I forgot to mention that the day of my post op I felt so good that I over did it. I went to the city and then to brunch with hubby and after that I came home and showered from head to toe and then I did my own hair. I wasn't able to sleep that night and yesterday I was swollen and every inch of my body hurt. So today is a lazy day. I a only doing the necessary walks every hour or so.

Recent pics

They Are not the best since I took them myself but it gives you an idea of my healing process.

Stubborn boob

Any advice or help will be highly appreciated. This one is still high and hard.

Drain hole

I had forgotten to post a pic of my drain hole.
I'll post more pics on Friday of more updates

Swell Hell

Ladies I'm feeling a little down right now. I am very happy with my outcome but I can't deal with the swell hell. What can I do to make it better ?? I drink and eat plenty of pineapple. I drink tons of water. I am pooping normally with the MOM. I am at a lost here :'(
I've posted pics to show how I look after a bath laying down. I don't know what to do

Second post op visit

Today I had my second post opt visit and it all went great. The doctor is happy with my recovery. They finally removed the second drain. Boy did this one hurt !!! I felt that she pulled my insides out !!!
I haven't taken too many pictures because I'm swollen and I don't want to look too much so that I don't get depressed. I'm allowing to myself to heal. I know myself and I get depressed easily so I'm playing it safe. There is not too much to update. I am eating and sleeping normal. Milk of magnesia has become my best friend. I have made several attempts on not taking the narcotics and have had 3 bad experiences. The first time I over slept and woke up in severe pain. The second time around my phone died and I was sleeping and I didn't take any pain Meds for 10 hours. At that point I had remove all garments and bra cause I felt that my insides where about to explode and all my guys where going to hang out. I was literally crying and that made it even worse cause when you cry you use your stomach muscles. And last but not least I. Saturday I decided that I no longer was going to take any pills and I had a similar episode. So I have up on trying to leave my narcs. I talk to the doctor and she told me to take a good dose of Motrin of I'm worried about addiction. If not I can continue to take my narcs until I'm healed. Personally I am ok with narcs cause I have never used drugs and I don't drink or smoke so I don't have any bad habits. It's just that people talk too much And they scare me !!!
Tomorrow when I wake up I'm going to try to take full body naked pictures cause less swollen in the Am.

Morning pics

These are pic of the AM with minimal swelling. I have been wearing dArk color camis and now the tApe and glue look dark but that is not my incision. It still has the original tape and the doctor said that it will fall off when the incision is ready and healed. Maybe I should have bought all white camis but I thought that they might of gotta stained with blood so I bought them all dark. I guess you live and you learn.

More pics

You can tell that I'm home bored !!

2 weeks post op

I know yesterday I focused on my tummy tuck so today I decided to show how my ladies are doing. I have the good one and the bad one like I call them. But hopefully in the future they both become angels lol
I also put some in there of the tummy.
I woke up at 4 am with a burst of energy and haven't had the need for any pain meds since last night around 11:30 pm. And it's already 9:30 am. If I feel something coming my way I'll take a Motrin. I just realized after I started writing this update that I'm at my 2 week post op. Wow how time flies after the surgery and how so slow it goes before it.
I have said before and I will say it again, if I had to do it again I would do it in a heart beat. I am so happy with my outcome. Even with the swelling and high boob and all. I am so happy with my Doctor and if in the future I decided to do anything else with my body I will follow her to the end of the world !!
Happy healing for those of you that are at that stage !!! And for those who are still waiting and thinking about it. Go for it, it's an amazing feeling of accomplishment !!!
Have a good day ladies !!! xoxo
Love you all very much. Thanks for being there for me in the good times and bad times too !!!

Swelling is improving

Last night after my shower I noticed that the swelling is improving. It is not a lot but it's better than nothing !!!

My monthly friend -NOT !!!

Thursday I was so happy because the swelling had gone down. And I looked so good. I guess my happiness never lasts. Friday afternoon I started feeling that my breast were growing by the second and that they were getting really hard. I didn't have an appetite all day so I hadn't eaten solids. Only protein shakes, water and juices. By 6 pm I sat to eat dinner which consisted of sweet potato and grilled chicken. It was a healthy and small meal. Within 5 minutes of eating, I felt that my stomach had grown to the point that I was 7 months pregnant. I was trying to walk it off for over an hour non stop !!! I sat in the toilet to see if that would give me some relief. At that point I started thinking that my insides were going to get hurt because I was so huge. Thank god that I have a second binder that my mom brought me. I went ahead and put it on top of the one I already had on to keep myself compressed. After about half an hour later I go pee and viola there goes my monthly friend !!!! I wasn't expecting her until Monday or Tuesday and I was not ready for her !!!!!!! I normally start taking Diurex as per my GYN's orders 2 days before until she is gone because my water retention is so bad after I had my tubes tied. And of course with my luck I have no Diurex in the house !!!!!!! My husband had just gotten home in middle of the ordeal and he looked so tired that I didn't dare ask him to go back out to buy me some. Little did I know that this was going to be the worst period of my life !!! I ended up pooping because of the MOM and that gave me some relief. After that my night meds were due and I fell asleep and it lasted until 1 am sharp. From that point on I felt that I was in labor. I kept on going to the toilet to get some relief as I always did when I was giving birth to my kids. I felt as if my contractions were 10 minutes apart for 9 hours !!! After my 10:30 pm dose of Percocet And Valium and I had slept no other medication made a difference. At 6 am when my husband got up I told him to bring me Diurex after he took the kids to school and before he head off to work. It took the Diurex about 3 hours to start giving me relief. So from 1 am to 10 am I was pacing around the house and sitting in the toilet just like I did with both of my kids labor !!! Not to mention that I didn't sleep. After that I have been in severe pain but it is manageable.
I have decided that I no longer want to get my period !!! I don't know what the surgery is called to get everything for inside removed but I want it !!!! I'm 36 so I don't think that menopause will come for another 14 + years. And I can't deal with this period situation.
Now I'm 18 days post op and look 7 months prego !!! So no pictures until this situation gets resolved.
Thanks for listening ladies. I feel that no one in my family would understand my frustration. xoxo and Happy Sunday ;-)

3 weeks post opt

All my pictures are taken by myself so they are up close and personal. I still have a lot of swelling but I am at peace with it. I finally had the courage to get on the scale today and I am up 4.8 pounds. So I can't wait to start working out !!!!!!!! I am capable of loosing it in1 week with hard core workout. So I'm ok I'm not freaking out. Other than that there is not too much to update. I feel great throughout the day. Once 2 pm comes around I am in pain and dead tired. I have been waking up around 5 am. I am able to do all my house chores that I am aloud to do. I am only taking meds at night. I am no longer using MOM and I am back to being regular. I am almost walking straight except at night when I'm dead tired and in pain. I'm due back to work on Tuesday. I hope I can adjust easily. These past 3 weeks have been awesome being at home.

Breast compression band

So yesterday I went for my 3 week post opt appointment and all went great. Everything he is healing normal and I'm right on track. However my left breast continues to be an issue. They put an ace bandage to help it drop and minimize the swelling. The thing is that it hurts and I can't breathe. I feel that if I was doing this at the beginning when I was taking my narcs. I would have been ok. But doing this shiit cold turkey is no joke. Have any of you ladies had similar experiences or have used or not used it. I emailed my doctor cause I am laying here in my recliner crying and I had to take it off. I still have narcs but I'm saving them in case of an emergency. Any advise at this point will help. :'(

The infamous depression stage

Hey ladies now I see what they meant about getting depression during the process. Yesterday I cried about 90% of the day. I regret getting implants from the moment that I woke up in pain from the bandage. Until this morning around 8 am. My dear hubby even went and bought me my favorite frozen yogurt will all my favorite toppings. He is such a sweet heart. I want to thank Pinar12450 for being my crying shoulder at all hours of the day and midnights too !! And those of you who gave me some virtual hugs. They were very much needed and appreciated.
Today I decided to go out even if I was in pain with this stupid bandage and go out to lunch with the family and then hit the mall for new pants to get my swollen self into for work on Tuesday. I also went on a mission to find a front closure bra. Boy was that a mission !!! I didn't get it before because I didn't know how big I was going to be. Either I'm very swollen or these 300 cc got me to a D cup from a B cup cause the sports bra that I bought are a size large And the other an extra large !!! I wore a small or medium before surgery !!! I'm still feeling down but keeping my mind busy cause I know that I am stronger than this and I am going to get through it. If I had to go back and change something all I would change is my time off. I would have taken the full six weeks. Even though I know I'll be okay I would have preferred to stay at home until 100% pain free And emotionally stable. But I guess I just have to deal with it. Tomorrow is my last day off officially and maybe I'll go get my hair done. So maybe I can pass as the Michelin lady not boy. Lol j/k I love my new tummy !!! And the boobies just need time. I am eternally grateful with my surgeon. She did an amazing job !!! Every time I see her or speak to her I make sure I tell her how happy I am with my outcome. And deep down into heart I know that it will get better. This is only a small stone on the road and I fully plan on kicking it !!!
Sorry for my ranting I just like to keep it real. So that when someone reads my review they understand that this is normal. And it too shall pass.

Back To Reality

It's Tuesday February 18, 2014 and here I am back at work. Oh how I wish I was home. I start work at 8 am and I was tired by 9 am. I have made it through half of the day so far. I did have to take a Motrin because siting for so long is making my muscles in my abs tight. Everyone here in the office has been so sweet and supportive I can't complain.
Yesterday I did get plenty of rest. and I also practiced driving around a bit. I went out and did my hair and eyebrows. I didn't want to look like the only crazy person. This morning I woke up at 3:30 am with anxiety because I didn't know how it was going to go. But so far not that bad.

4 weeks post opt

Time flies !!! I can't believe that exactly 4 weeks ago at this time. I was waking up from surgery. Everyday that I wake up I look In The mirror and I am so happy with my outcome. I will eternally be grateful to my surgeon. Even though she is a fellow at a teaching hospital. She has blessed hands. She has been there every single time that I have reached out to her. Weekend and vacation time as well !!! She listens to my wants and needs and has never complained or given me an attitude. On the contrary she loves the fact that I ask questions. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. My next surgery *wink * I will make sure to follow her to the end of the world.
My body is still going through changes. I swell up like everybody else at the end of the day but I have learned to live with it. Today is my second day at work and I already got the hang of it. It feels like I never left. I have such wonderful and supportive co workers that I never knew that they cared for me so much. This place has become a recovery center. I can't wait for the summer to get here and I can be healed and start working on my new fitness project.
Ok I'm going to say it. I plan on working on my thighs. I want to get a lift and maybe lipo. But I do plan on working on loosing most of the fat and try toning on my own before I seek for surgery.
I'll post pictures tonight when I get home.
Thanks for all the love and support ladies !!!

Open wound

So last night when I was in the shower I realize that some of the surgical tape is loose. When I go wash under it I feel a hole in the line. When I get out I see that my incision is a bit open. I had suspected this from before because it was leaking some blood and fluid. So the doc cleaned up the area and put new tape on it. I was instructed to put Neosporin and gauze. And if needed to stop by the clinic today. I am going to monitor it and if it gets worse I'll go to the doc on Monday or the ER over the weekend.

Breast Implants

I have been having regrets since Saturday and I can't stop thinking about it. I am seriously contemplating an explant. I don't know what to do. I have gone through so much and really don't want to go through anymore pain. I know that the journey is rough but boy do I need help. One minute I'm happy with them and the next I hate them. I feel that I should've gone with my first instinct which was just to get a lift. Now if I take them out there is going to be new issues to deal with and I don't know if I am emotionally ready. Ladies I need your thoughts and prayers.

5 Weeks Post Opt

I can't believe its already been 5 weeks. My tummy has been a blessing from the moment I woke up from surgery. The ladies have been a pain since. But I am trying to have patience with them and remember that time is my friend. This is a journey that I will always remember. I have had my ups and downs but I am trying to hang in there. I am very grateful to all the ladies here for cheering me up when I am feeling down. My family has been so supportive of me since day 1. I absolutely love them !!! My hubby is still my main supporter. If I loved him before now he is at a different level. I am posting pics that I took this morning. I forgot to weigh myself but last time I checked I was up 4.8 pounds steady since 3 weeks post opt. which doesn't worry much. Everything is back to normal in my life. I get up go to work go home and back to being a mommy and a wife with the help of hubby and the kids. I think they finally realized how hard I work on a daily basis.


These are my most recent pics. I think they all look the same. Lol maybe I'm a bit less swollen and the curves are coming back. Oh and I'm bloated cause supposed to get my period this weekend. It will be a fun weekend.


I went and created a self motivating collage of a side by side. Anytime that I feel down I'm going to look at this pic and remind myself that I have improved.

7 weeks post opt today

Hey ladies. Hope everyone is doing fine. I have been checking up on a few of you that are in the early stages of the recovery.

I am officially 7 weeks post op today and I have been cleared to do everything that I did pre op. I had a consult withy doc on Monday and she said everything looks great. My left implant is still riding high but that no longer concerns me cause I don't think that I am going to end up keeping them in long. I know it is still too early. So I'm not making it official.

Today was my first day not wearing a binder or any type of compression garment. Boy does it feel weird. I thought I was in somebody else's skin. I am really swollen but I rather go through the changes now then when it's hot outside and I'll be wearing less clothes.

My only concern is that I haven't had a full night sleep since I went back to work. It's been already 4 weeks and I still wake up in middle of the night. I have even bought sleeping pills and it still doesn't work.

I've uploaded some pics from this evening. Can't wait till the day that I stop swelling ;-)

Before pictures

These are my before pictures. I had recently removed them for personal reasons. But they are back up. I might have forgotten some but I'll try my best to match my review. I'll do post op pictures next.

Post op pictures

These are the pictures hopefully I can get them in the right order.

More pics

I forgot these. These are more recent

9 Weeks Post Opt

Tomorrow I make nine weeks post opt. I feel great !!! I feel 100 % healed from my tummy. The left breast is dropping and I get spasm every now and then. Which feels weird. I have to massage it till it goes away. The right has been in place for some time now.

I have started working out since last week and I get swollen like crazy afterwards. It feels like my skin is going to rip open. So I decided to slow down a bit maybe I started of too hard.

I will have my 3 month post op on April 21st. Where I will discuss my implant removal procedure. I think my surgeon did an amazing job on me, but implants feel weird and I don't like the way they feel. She will be doing a revision on the nipple / lift. I absolutely love my scar placement !!! I can't stop looking at them. My hubby stares and he tells me "wow she did a great job !!!! You can't see the scars and they are so Smooth !! " They look better and lighter in person. One day when the weather is nice and I can take pictures with natural light I will post pics. I feel that the light from indoor does it no justice.

I weighed myself yesterday and my weight is steady. I am up 1-2 pounds depending on the day that I weigh myself. But that is normal and healthy. I am also PMS-ising so the eating has been a bit off this week.

I have pictures from this morning. Pardon the bad lighting. Office bathroom is dim.
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful