23 Years Old, Very Fit, Genetic Double Chin - New York, NY

I could not be happier with my experience and...

I could not be happier with my experience and results! Dr. Schaffner was great from beginning to end along with the rest of his staff. He was warm and helpful during my consultation, and continued to make time for my many follow up questions over the phone. This was my first experience with plastic surgery so I was very nervous about choosing the right doctor. I'm so glad I picked Dr. Schaffner.

I had one vile of Juvederm injected in my top lip. I wanted overstated results, but I understood that you can not achieve that look without multiple syringes. However, it still made a huge difference in my appearance. My results are very pretty and natural. Dr. Schaffner's method of injecting the Juvederm left me with absolutely no bruising and very minimal swelling, my lips looked and felt totally normal by day 3 (although i was perfectly able to work on day 2).

THE MAIN PROCEDURE I had done was liposuction under my chin and along the jawline. I am a very healthy and fit 24 year old female and previously had a very stubborn, genetic double chin. I was VERY nervous having never had any sort of surgery or anesthesia before, but Dr. Schaffner and his staff, along with the anesthetist made me feel very safe and comfortable. I was not under general anesthesia for this procedure, however I really don't remember much the procedure and did not feel any pain. I actually had a fun time in the recovery room talking to the nurse who was watching over me.

RECOVERY was not bad at all. The most annoying thing about it was the residual numbness and having to wear a head wrap for the first 5 days (and then for a month after only at night), really nothing considering how I look now! The stitches that are in for a week were not noticeable, even the one under my chin did not need a covering at work. You don't achieve final results until about 3 months after the procedure, but even the first week after with swelling there was a huge improvement in my appearance. I returned to work on the 6th day after surgery. I experienced very minimal bruising, but I will mention I was eating arnica like candy (as well as using topical) and icing as often as possible.

It has now been 3 months since I had the procedure done and I honestly can't believe my results. I have total feeling back in the treated area and my jawline is so defined. The scar where the incision was made under the chin is so tiny and unnoticeable, and the other two are behind each ear, not visible to anyone even with my hair up. I feel like a new person! I'm kicking myself for not taking my own before and after photos, but if you schedule a consultation I gave consent for him to use the before and afters he took. I'm so thankful to have chosen Dr. Schaffner. Thank you!
New York Plastic Surgeon

I would highly recommend Dr. Schaffner for any cosmetic procedure. I could not have had a more pleasant experience. I felt my procedure was very affordable especially considering such amazing results. So happy!