32-Year-Old In Shape But With A Mini Double Chin - New York, NY

Hello friends! I'm 32 years old and in good shape....

Hello friends! I'm 32 years old and in good shape. Double chins run in my family and I began noticing my mini chin showing up in photos. Eek!

I got one syringe of Kybella and the procedure was overall pretty painless. Here's what happened:

1. I was given Ibuprofen and then a Novacane shot. The pain level was maybe 2/10 on that.
2. I was numbed for the procedure. I felt very little and it's similar to any injectable. If you have gotten Botox or Restylane, it's going to be easy as pie. To be honest, it hurts waaaaay more getting my eyebrows waxed. Overall pain: 2/10
3. I iced my face for a few minutes and then I was good to go.

The whole procedure took maybe 15 minutes. Visually, I looked okay. I went home and took one ibuprofen every four hours (400 mg) and iced a couple of times.

Swollen Like a Bullfrog!

The first day was okay but the swelling is NO JOKE. I've been walking around with a golf ball-size lump under my chin for the first 5 days since the shot.

It's not so bad that you have to go into hiding BUT you do not want to plan any events, photo shoots or dates for at least a week. It's IMPOSSIBLE to hide the bullfrog effect even with a turtleneck or scarf.

Every day the swelling decreases but the "zero downtime" is a total lie.

Day 7...Still Swelling

It's been one week and I'm still swollen. I've been tilting my head upwards but head on you can see the "bullfrog effect"

Day 9 FINALLY Some Swelling Relief

It's been 9 days and I'm back to normal. No swelling but no reduction of chin either. I'll post updates when I see some change.

Week 3: Swelling Finally Gone, Some Results?

It's been three weeks post op. The bullfrog swelling has finally gone down. I THINK I'm seeing some change. It's honestly hard to tell. Will check back in at 4-6 weeks.

Bye Double Chin! One Month And I See RESULTS!!!

It's been exactly one month (tomorrow) since I got the procedure and I see results. It's minor but VERY noticeable. I didn't have a lot of fat to begin with and I'm sure I'll need one more shot to get the sculpted look you see in the "after" photos.

The cost + downtime is going to make me put that on pause for now.

My overall Kybella review: If you have a little bit of fat and don't mind looking like a bullfrog for 2 weeks, I say go for it!!!
I
Manhattan Dermatologist

Dr. Jeannette Graf made the procedure easy breezy. As a heads up, Chelsea Cosmetic is currently in the process of moving so this office is a temporary location.